Runemage Triplicity Talent Rework

When the time on treplicity runs out they take the bottle

The problem with is that the MORE effort you put into it the LESS you get out of it proportionally.

IF EVERYONE got the SAME damage increase then itā€™s fair.

For example if triplcitiy gave 50% damage increase:
Just nerf ALL of triplcity down to 30%.
The fact is that anyone who CASTS slower than me will have MORE damage increased from triplcitiy proportionate to mine. Iā€™ll have to cast EXPONTIALLY faster to achieve the SAME porpotional damage returns someone slower will.

Analogy to tax bracket:

Person A made $500,000. 80% tax. I now have $100,000 after taxes.

Person B made $125,000. 20% tax. They now have $100,00 after taxes.

Why does the person who worked harder make the same money?

I dont think your getting it. Itā€™s going to be per spell.

Yes. so lets say me: 50% 45% 40% 35% 30% 25% 20% 15% 10% 5%

Vs. 50% 45% 40% 35%.

overall Iā€™ll receiving less for my efforts.

In total Iā€™ll be recieving more but I have to work EXPOTENTIALY more to achieve that standard.

Instead if:
instead of 50% dmg inc; 50% 50% 50% 50% 50% 50% 50%
itā€™d be nerfed to 35% 35% 35% 35% 35% 35% 35%

Itā€™d be fair to everyone.

except that wouldnt be closing the gap in dps, which is what they are trying to do, they ARE trying to tax you more, thats why its called diminishing returns

Which is the issue.

Thats why other classes should have more return for their efforts.

No
If you want this absurd example that in not realy aplyable do it right and fallow the same rules
A makes 500 000
125 000 is taxed 20% 375 000 is taxed 80%
Total 100 000+ 75 000 total 175000

B makes 125 000
Taxed 20 %
100 000

Sure; but why does someone who earn $500,000 only get $175,000
But someone who made $125,000 get $100,000?

(As in is that really fair for someone to have to exponetially work more to only achieve that little more).

So that we dont have 1% of the population owning the world?

Ah mb. Iā€™ll just work less so I donā€™t own the world.

You still earn more, just not absurdly more.
And yes, mage dps owned the game

But in terms of ā€œeffort/work/practiceā€ how much is the difference between runemage and the other top dps?

Is there a cap on the 2nd best dps?

If thereā€™s a cap on the 2nd best dps, would it not be better to remove that cap?

Perhaps to reward that much effort/work/practice the 2nd class has put in?

I would argue that landrew probably put as much time as the best mages into Ranger for 1/2 to 3/4 of the damage

So maybe landru should be doing the same damage as the best mages, right?

I think we can agree on that; however, Is there any limiting factors to ranger? Perhapsā€¦ ā€œif you do this youā€™ll do less damageā€ something thatā€™s veryā€¦ limiting?

Runemage is veryā€¦ free and ā€œunlimitedā€. Is it too much that someone enjoys this type of freedom and wants other classes to have it as well?

And yes every other class in the game has deminising returns like ranger, or hardcaps

Thats why I think they should remove the deminishing returns or hardcaps because players have complained about them before; because they donā€™t reward skill.

And no I donā€™t want to go back to shooting 4 arrows/sec or more it was horrible, that was the alternative.

1 Like

Why not then: If you hit a critical spot another one will ALWAYS appear, but perhaps only one shows up and no other?

That way a good ranger will have to be accurate, but when they are (good) they will consistently have critical spots they shoot at effectively increasing their dps for higher skill.

1 Like

That is still caped at 1 per sec.

then uncap rapidity ranger. lul, but that doesnā€™t seem like a popular opinion; the idea of chaining critical spots is a much more realistic one.

In another light, itā€™s not like us runemages can cast inifitley faster. We wonā€™t achieve 100 spells in triplcity.