Secrets of Mugwood Treasure Hunt Feedback

I do enjoy the idea of the treasure hunt, but would like them to have a bit more build on depth.

The current one is find the spot, grab the crap that drops. If you don’t like the hunt, not much point in doing it.

But I do like the idea, and I do enjoy the hunt (but not the loot)

Perhaps we can have a build up on the maps? Like a level 1 map reward dropping a level 2 map, that’s mote obscure, and has more obstacles, stronger guard, richer reward?

Just a idea

3 Likes

Overall i like the maps, but a treasure hunt doesnt feel like a treasure hunt when the rewards dont feel like treasure.

Meaning that the loot isnt cool or rare enough for the hunt to feel any cooler than grinding monsters

3 Likes

The treasure hunt, being a thing every 24 hours, what sort of loot or reward would feel like a treasure in your opinion?

I got a ‘rare’ drop from the treasure hunt and I feel that was pretty neat when I got it. If I was to get that upon every treasure chest, maybe it wouldn’t feel as special?

Maybe something like 100k dram might be a cool drop…

1 Like

Something that i do get as everyday junk drops. Shard, Reagents, Dram and so on. Things that, especially in such small amount, feel like someone dropped $5 on the ground on my walk to work. They do have rare loot drops in those chests, but the normal stuff feels boring. It doesnt feel like treasure that i found in a treasure chest.

Fair enough. So what you are saying is that you would prefer different loot, because we paid extra money, plus the extra really nice drop… I think I tend to agree! some of the loot is new and I like it, but I must agree that reagents, I can do without lol

So checking the current market it looks like all the items in the treasure maps are not rare enough. Or it got alot more popular then expected :sweat_smile:

Looking at the achievements that you can get for treasure maps, the shear amount you need for the last achievement I think is making everyone who goes for them overflow the market with otherwise rare items. Just like my still slowly selling two tabs of harvesters, pot helms and kitty shoulders with the grinding device xD. So the achievements might have been set too high for the droprate of all items in the chest. I might be wrong because of the starting influx of players using it, but that is how it looks like seeing how many ppl got treasure map item X in the community and are selling them ATM. So waiting more but might be worth keeping an eye on.

3 Likes

Yeah I feel like it isn’t quite rare enough too

1 Like

First is a small issue that might be as designed. I got maps for the Lair before the story line even introduced it. I had not even been to the third location.

My bigger issue surrounds the chest that spawns in the lower right corner of the map in Mugwood. It is far to easy to hit with a range weapon one the the invisible plant monsters and then to be locked into combat with no way to get out as you can’t attack them again so it makes that chest almost impossible to get. The spawn rate is very high there as well so on mistake and you have to restart your progress.

That one requires you to kill some of the mobs then run in, or suicide run in and grab the loot before you die, or get a friend to paladin in, grab agro and get out and then you run in and grab it before it goes bad and you die

It’s a pretty good grinding spot so I hope they don’t change the spawn rate there, it would be nice if the ventaculars would be changed to spiders as they can be a pain to pull safety when you can’t see them, or have some indication of where they are before they pop up so you know where to shoot to pull them

1 Like

Some treasure maps should lead to danger, it’s part of the charm!

I do enjoy the fast spawn rate there, it’s needed for grinding parties, please don’t change it.

2 Likes

My problem with the ventaculars as a scoundrel is that somehow I hit one to agro it but it will not attack me and I can’t attack it. It just sits invisible locking me in combat with my only option is to charge it or run out of agro range. If I run out of range I have to restart the clearing process.

I am fine with it being hard to clear that area in time. That is part of the game.

2 Likes

Now that I’ve completed over 100 treasure maps I figured it would be a good time to post this:

I grabbed the drops from the combat log each time I completed a treasure map to try and figure out drop chances, this is only for the maps I have completed, not maps others have completed, all maps where completed with luck rings on, with max luck overlevel perk but without a luck potion

I still thinking adding EXP to the drop table would be a good way of keeping the maps rewarding after you’ve got the things you want from them, Mimic helms are now around 40k dram, treasure chests don’t really sell from what I can tell and the pet is around 200k right now but isn’t in a crate like the Elongata pet so it can be resold so doesn’t get tied to the character which is kinda bad for the market as there will never be any getting taken out of the supply so these prices are only going to keep getting lower making maps less worthwhile to do, I’m already seeing a lot of people being “done with them” now

Some extra storage space would be nice^ :grin:

3 Likes

Thanks that is interesting! I agree with all however…

Why would these not be taken out? As so many I am a pet collector and was lucky enough to get one early on. My own treasure pet will not EVER hit the market again (only those I get double ofc).
I don’t see any advantages with that if it was in crates, except if you open them accidentally and then be stuck with something you didn’t want to open. Also now it’s a bit late for this change since many are already stuck with their pets, doubles etc.

One advantage means it becomes soulbound so it can’t be traded again, another advantage means it can’t be dropped in PvP if you have it unequip it to put a dragon on to do a dragon race though I wish they would change it so you can just select a dragon you own to race with and use any pet you want so you don’t need to keep a dragon for racing with on you, that could probably do with it’s own thread though

1 Like

this is an important point, unless it’s made soulbound, I’m never going to use it, I need to be able to unequip it and not fear loosing it.

Yah your first point was exactly what I doubted… how many would really use it and then trade again, idk. Collectors won’t. I either buy/get something for myself or keep it to trade (then I would not open the crate, in the first place) but perhaps it’s different for others. I’d not trade any of my mounts either, even if they were tradable.

The PVP thing is annoying not only for that pet, it should have an entirely separate solution imo (not sure why not all pets could be excluded from drops while pvp is on, despite being tradable, for example) and yea an extra thread would likely be good.

Just to add to my Treasure hunting results, after doing 18 extra treasure maps today cause I’d saved them up for a few days and been buying them daily from a few people (hit me up if you wanna sell them to me daily) I got my 1st mimic pet drop, on my 140th map which is a drop rate of 0.71% (at least for me)

If anyone is interested at looking through my rewards this is my spreadsheet:

1 Like

Wow interesting… guess i’m lucky to have gotten my pet in one of the first maps I did (again, not ever selling it ^^), but no more since 50-60 maps now.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.