Server-Side Patch 4.81

Here in about 30 minutes we will be restarting the server to apply a quick patch and also assign the new Market Stall leases. In addition to that:

• The Runemage’s Super was mistakenly affected by the change to Ice Lance that was previously made, and has been boosted back to its intended damage. You will see much higher damage numbers from this than before, but again this is the same damage that was actually being done when multiple targets were being attacked by these “single cast ray attacks.”
  • Ice Lance bonus combo damage has been buffed a little (about 10%). It’s still doing less damage than it was before when the bug was present, but it should be a little more powerful now.
  • The delay between casting Ice Lance and/or the Runmage Super and casting another spell should now be slightly reduced (down to 0.75 seconds from 1 second).
  • The effectiveness of the Renew and Poison effect on the Musketeer’s Empowered Turret has been slightly increased (by around 15%).

This downtime may last a little longer than normal since I have do get all the stall assignments set up properly.

Thanks!

7 Likes

Woot woot! That delay reduction though :heart:

6 Likes

Patch deployed, server is back online. Thanks!

2 Likes

You do know that not only the super, but basicly all mage spells have a small aoe? Frost bolt freezez all enemies in the squair, Bypasses warrior shield in PvP, hits even if you miss slightly with the spell.

Not sure what you are talking about here. Mages spells are not aoe. Decurse doesn’t work a lot of the times when you cast it on your self. Ice lance constantly goes through mobs and players as well as the mage ults. Mana shield goes through tanks constantly. I can easily make videos to show otherwise.

1 Like

I’ve never managed to hit more than one target with my frost, even when they are pulled together with a gravity orb. I’ll hsve to test this out for sure

1 Like

The only Frost effect that has an AoE effect is the Musketeer Frost orb. Did you mean that?

1 Like

If this is still happening after the changes that we made to the Runemage missile hit detection, feel free to start a new thread and make a bug report with a video.

Believe me or not but I still loose my shield hp bar when I cross a boarder!
I came from jungle and at the same moment as the music from lamara kicked in…my shield hp bar vanished!
I know it for sure because I was staring at it on purpose to check it :smiley:
Should I try to reproduce more?

Yeah sorry I am still tracking that one down…

1 Like

No need to say sorry! I just didn’t know if you’re still tracking it, because nobody was reporting anymore :wink:
Would a log of that help?

Thanks buddy, I really hope it makes ice Lance worth using again! I really hated to see it become so useless!!

Any plans to adjust the calibration on off hand steering to not point between index and thumb? Not sure if it has come up in the forums but it is a big problem that has led to most giving up steering with the off hand.

It appears that the cooldown of icelance got changed but the animation didn’t, would it be possible to sync up the animation with the cooldown so it’s not a guessing game as to when I can start drawing my next spell?

1 Like

Oh wow awesome! the ice lance reductions CD will help a ton!

just gonna throw it out there that before this buff and now after, mages can still output much more DPS than archers can in bursts with fire ball and long term using fire ball once again and affliction

2 Likes

Well the good ones can

1 Like

Nah do the math i am not accounting for my own mistakes or what I see with a mage, but the possible dps they can put out based on their options available and the numbers, maximum damage per arrow with talents for a reg arrow is about 1000 on rapidity. And a t2 fireball is 4.6k damage. Also icelance still almost reaches the same dps as a charged peiricng before the buff, but on no cool down, and finally 1 affliction does more than 1 poison, then add 3 stacks of that affliction. Thats not even adding in the new dots mages get from fireball and icelance, so no way u cut it can we get more dps than them

Ice lance doesn’t have a DoT. You’re also not accounting for missed spells and movement. More testing needs to be done. It would be nice to have dmg meters for the dummy.

With Rapidity on it’s assumed you’re firing 3 arrows/sec. I don’t think there’s any mage in the game that can do 3 Fireball 2’s per second. You’re also comparing your base arrow damage to the Mage’s spells, it would be way more accurate to compare the entire Ranger rotation over say 20 seconds to an entire Mage rotation over 20 seconds. Rangers get a lot of value out of their charged shot and ability arrows that are totally missing from your calculation.

I have no idea where you’re getting this from as that’s simply not true. Ice Lance is still down 25% from where it used to be, and the cooldown was reduced from 1 second to 0.75 seconds (a 0.25 second difference), not eliminated.

At any rate, just pointing out some of the facts on those points, because that is pretty far off base.