Server-Side Patch This Morning

There’s a small server-side only patch going out this morning with a few changes.

• We’ve implemented a fix for what we think is a major cause of the Stuck in Combat bug. Please let us know if you’re still getting stuck in combat after this fix.
  • Made sure that the Dragon boss in the Desert Dungeon will only do the breath attack OR tail swipe attack, not both at once, which will hopefully fix some issues there.

Thanks!

1 Like

Good stuff! If the issue still occurs with Dragon boss ill record it and post it here.

@Riley_D Sadly it still happens even through you’re outside of the red area, This will also still be a issue for Soul Keeper.

Which part of that video do you think it’s not working properly? Time-stamp wise? 0:42?

0:37 onward being hit by the breath and tail swipe despite being outside of the AoE. This happens a lot with this boss and at greater ranges then I showed, All tanks that I know of have been hit by these outside of there Red areas.

It’s just very weird that it would work 2 or 3 times, and then fail the 4th. So something else must be going on other than the base implementation. The way it was described previously made it sound like it was always happening every time (so like the base implementation was off in some way). But that video shows that it seems like most of the time it’s working fine, and then sometimes it doesn’t work.

That would perhaps indicate that either it’s a lag issue or something to do with your position not being updated in the world properly or something like that.

And just to be sure, you’re saying that on other bosses it’s fine, it just happens like this on the Dragon boss? (The Soulkeeper is a different case with a different method that as I already said will be patched and fixed tomorrow).

Soul keeper it also happens on but its only 1-2 metres outside the AoE but hopefully that we be sorted out tomorrow, Bosses like Potion keeper, Tank keeper and The last boss in Maeo I’ve never seen this happen with there AoE attacks.

Okay, anyone else out there that’s experienced this want to chime in as well? The more info I have on it the better able I’ll be to track it down. If it’s really just happening to the Dragon Boss then that’s very strange, but maybe it’s something to do with it having two line AoE attacks or something.

We have experienced this a large number of times. What it seems to be to us, is that the boss’s server-side rotation is not locked when the AE telegraph appears until at least half a second later (though the visual on the boss won’t update, so it looks like it’s still facing the original way).

This means that if you instantly jump out of the AE when you see the red, you will be clearly outside it when it resolves, but you will still take damage. If you wait a quarter to a half of a second first, and then jump, you won’t get hit, but then you risk it actually resolving and hitting you like normal.

Well the way it works the AoE attack is separate from teh boss once it’s created. So even if the boss moves or turns or whatever, that shouldn’t affect the AoE.

Also are you saying this behavior happens every time? Or it’s intermittent like what’s shown in the video? And it’s happening to all bosses or just the Dragon Boss?

1 Like

What we found was pretty consistent in that if the tank moved out of the AE fast enough, they would always get hit, but if they moved out of the AE towards the second half of the telegraph, they would never get hit. The inconsistency seems to come out of how narrow the timing window for all of this is, so if you aren’t pre-prepped to move or you experience any latency, it can affect the results.

We’ve only noticed this happening on the dragon boss.

Yeah, there is a decent handful of boss AE’s that we know are less “forgiving” than others when you are standing a foot or two outside of the red, but this is the only boss where you can look like you got out of the AE with plenty of time to spare, and be 15+ feet away, and still receive the hit.

1 Like

I’m just going to speculate.

Is the dragon boss coded any different? Is the dragon attacking with any other moves what we are not aware of? Can the regular attacks of the dragon happen whilst it is in AoE? How many polygons compared to other boss rooms are there (if this might be network lag, what is causing it in this particular boss, fire animation any different, multiple or dynamic lighting)?

What is the dragon doing whilst the AoE animation is played? Just make sure that the entity that makes the AoE is the one that will do the damage and that it isn’t the dragon entity, and if so also lock the dragon entity?

Just to throw in my observations, when the frontal AE is going off; if I move well clear of the front AE (usually behind the boss to the right or left) and then immediately sword rush to the boss ( still visually clear of the AE, behind it) but now against the boss, the AE will hit me. If I’m clear of the dragons body, or sword rush after the AE has gone off then I am typically clear of the AE.

Another thing Me&Alphabet members have noticed about the certain AoE Line attacks on Sentry, Lord Bosun and Lord Dethslatŭ They can hit you if you’re just behind him and quite close or on top of them. You receive damage even tho you’re outside of the Red area in time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.