Shard Dungeon Questions

With Shard Dungeons slated to be released in 9 days, I wanted to throw out a couple questions:

1. Are these still on track to launch on the 30th? This is pretty critical to those of us planning time off. https://blog.orbusvr.com/roadmap-q2-2018/
    “Sprint Three: March 30th” “Sprint Three will see the introduction of the Shard Dungeons, our hardmode dungeons which will challenge our most experienced groups.”
  2. Is the gear distribution description from https://blog.orbusvr.com/content-patch-one-preview/ still accurate?
    "Tier 5: Epic and Legendary Level 20 through 21 Gear (available in the upcoming Shard Dungeons) "
  3. Is the overall process of using shard dungeons still accurate from this dev blog?
    https://blog.orbusvr.com/wilds-zones-and-end-game-content/ ? (Too much to copy paste)
  4. Is the expected time sink described in this forum post still accurate? Legendary weapons
    “…launch into Shard Dungeons, where you can sink hundreds of hours doing really difficult content to get the best gear available.”
  5. Are legendary weapons still expected to have two affixes on them? Closed Beta 4 Feedback
    “…if we’re talking Legendary gear that has two affixes, a ton of time to get it.”
  6. Is there a notion of tackling crash and desynch issues prior to having timed shard dungeons added?
  7. Is there any additional information you can provide on these? Will there be new appearances of gear? Will there be new affixes? New equipment slots (like wrist, etc)?

Thanks in advance for your time.

12 Likes

You’re stealing all the good material from my blog posts! :slight_smile:

1. Yes, the 30th.

2. Yes.

3. We may be making some changes such as not sending you all the way back to Level 1 from Level 7 if you fail a dungeon or something like that, and we are going to be changing a bit how the loot system works, but generally speaking yes that’s all still accurate.

4. Yes

5. Yes

6. The main thing I’m focusing on there is making it so that the loot you get persists between disconnects, which should be out later this week. So that way if you do get DC’ed or disconnected before you get your chest it’s still there when you log back in.

7. It’s a totally new set of gear in terms of appearance (two of them, actually), as well as new weapons. Not sure if there will be new affixes (probably not) or wrists though yet.

All will be revealed in time :smile:

16 Likes

Woot, thanks for the confirmation of info!! Can’t wait to dive into these! Let us know if there is anything we can do to help! (Besides try to be patient, which we’re terrible at) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Will it be released at 12cst? The latest releases have been varied and I really don’t want to waste 8 hours of PTO if I don’t have to!

12 PM CST will be the goal, yes. I can’t promise we’ll hit it right on the nose but we’ll do our best.

8 Likes

WTB time off from the office…

Sweet. Requested the day off

2 Likes

I hope you change it to a token system that way people don’t have a need to log out and log back in to change classes so they can get drops on their alternate classes. This way they can use any class they wish, and get gear for any of those classes.

This also might solve the problem with invisible chests.

It’s ridiculous that people do that. I’m pretty sure that is considered an exploit. If they want loot for a specific class, be that class. Hopefully this gets fixed before shard dungeons as well as the logging in and out on bosses to revive your character. It’s dumb people use that exploit instead of learning the fights.

8 Likes

I think it would be more accommodating if a token system is implemented so people can choose what kind of gear they want to roll by exchanging tokens for that type of gear. They will still do dungeons with their best class in this case, and it saves everyone some time so they don’t need to re-gear someone without the gear just to jump through lower shard dungeons.

Not only would this remove any need to switch classes in a fight as described, but also make it easier to form groups which benefits everyone as they could stick to a profession they potentially don’t need drops for but can still work just as hard to earn the drops on a class they are geared with. It also makes sticking to the higher dungeons easier since you don’t have to spend another 100 hours gearing another profession now that a lot of people have alternate level 20s.

If it takes hundreds of hours as Riley described in the blog post (I hope the daily time sink is lower than fully clearing TM daily), it only makes sense that the system setup to accommodate more than one profession in this manner instead of penalizing everyone by requiring people to switch to the desired profession just to game the system to get a drop for it.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for a token system, nothing worse than looking for a specific drop and it not happen 100 times in a row. I’m just not a fan of people using exploits.

8 Likes

Corgi, I was shocked when I found out people are doing this. Nobody at Nox logs out of combat during a fight to log back in and rez, as I’ve seen a streamer do, or log back in for gear on different classes. That’s such a disgusting way to play the game. Especially when those same people make brag posts about capes, etc that they got by cheating.

5 Likes

+1 on this :slight_smile: .

Imma defo try get time off for this one :ballot_box_with_check:

2 Likes

Wow, agreed, I did not even know that exploit because it sure is one. If you suck at a class then you need to farm easy bosses until you get better, that simple. Even if the downside is that a group got to support your farming/practicing but in good guilds they will, because what’s the point of all your gear if you can’t hit a thing or draw spells or take aggro you will nevertheless wipe the group on harder bosses.

(I do still have issues with magic def on gear, though, 20-30h to get full epics nah I can only dream of that… perhaps super bad luck with RNG but after a month of daily farming I got at least 3 pieces, more than 50h+ TM in, easily, but they are ALL magic def, so practically worthless, got like 10 weapons instead, so, not sure.)

5 Likes

You’re totally right.
I practiced playing warrior in the wilds vs abberrations a lot still I fail hard on many bosses in TM due to my lack of knowlege regarding the bosses tactics and my movement. Good thing about orbus is: Better gear won’t neccessarily let you kill bosses easier. It’s still all about practice. So it’s stupid in so many ways to exploit to get gear for alt classes.

2 Likes

Critical question: Will the blue barrier in the jungle dungeon be fixed before shards? With impossibility to reawaken while the party is in combat we don’t even need the barrier anymore.

Will there be new bosses in the shard versions of the dungeons?

1 Like

^^ I would also love to know If there will be anything new added to the current dungeons or if we will get completely new dungeons added for shard dungeons.

It’s in one of the blog post linked in Draven post. Quick answer is that the shard dungeons will be a harder version of the current dungeons that you unlock when you complete them.

What we don’t know is if it’s gonna be buff version without new content or buff + new content.

Do you plan on having hard mode / shard dungeons for the 10-man content as well?