Slow movement in battle mode

I think you’re looking at NPC, my alt character

Ahhh. Makes sense. I was so confused.

1 Like

You know Mishka for as much as we talk on the forums you think we wouldve ran into eachother in game by now lol. Well im driving home. Ill be off for a bit.

1 Like

Maybe thats the point. Making enemies and the wilderness in general feel dangerous is something I wish orbus did more of not less. Just because something is hard or able to kill you doesn’t mean its bad design.

1 Like

If you are in an area with enemies significantly above your level, you are probably going to die. Is this not normal :sweat_smile:? I don’t know a lot about mmos but I would be shocked if any of them let you kirito it up and go where ever you want and fight what ever you want regardless of your level and have it feel like a fair fight.

The only thing that slow really seriously affects is your ability to cheese fights and run away from combat and neither of those things are intended to be easy to do.

1 Like

Wow. Not suprised by that. You dont go too far from the gates do you? On your alt account

1 Like

It sounds like they don’t play Orbus at all. Not sure why the comments.

On my alt I’m all over the place. I unlocked every teleport pillar at level 1, despite getting aggrod and put into combat with enemies much higher level than me.

AND ALSO THINK OF DEVELOPMENT INFINITERUNE! It would be easier to just change speed depending on class and level than changing the tutorial ENTIRELY!

I’m sorry I don’t know if I completely follow.

There are many things I would change about the tutorial but letting players explore out and figure out on their own what is a good idea to fight is preaty great game design IMO. It makes the wild feel dangerous and makes progression feel more intrensicly rewarding because getting stronger and killing things you previously thought were super scary feels super cool.

Do you want to make higher levels faster? Agro range already scales with enemy respective difficulty so as you get higher level it already gets easier to avoid getting randomly stuck in combat. Also I feel like making it slow you less at high levels is a bit counter intuitive because at higher levels you start learning how to put out enough damage/tank well enough to not really feel like you need to panic and run away from fights anymore.

Also in terms of making certain classes move faster. Shamans have the blazing speed talent, bards have a song that makes their party run faster, muskets have a talent that makes killing their turret make their party run super fast, warriors have sword rush, and paladins can essentially move at out of combat mount speed by throwing their hammer in combat. I feel like the classes that need mobility(tanks) already have it, supports can give it cause they are supports, and the one dps class in the game who needs to be close enough to be in danger also has the option of getting it too.

1 Like

Yeah, so they dont need that much speeed in combat, so why would they have it.

you would have to kill some of them still. by the time you got to the last pillar you had to of been more than a level ONE

That’s what I’m saying. I was able to figure out a lot without the main tutorial. Do we really need it?

Nope. I killed nothing. I was a level 1 Paladin.

That is stupid. i need proof if im going to belive you

I no longer have a level 1 Paladin. I’m not the only one who’s done it lol. Believe or not, that’s up to you. I did it, my friends have done it :slight_smile:

I will say a small increase in base stamina would feel nice that or reducing the effect of using it all. using all your stamina gives you around under 2s(tested on an exploding strafrasher on traders road) which by the time you turn around and start shooting again (as a ranger) is basically nothing since the distance is key. maybe even if the buff was part of one of the rangers’ talents or just the class in general. also, I did some more testing and stamina bracers at level 2 give less than a second so the difference is barely noticeable. also teleporting consumes all your stamina in battle so you can’t just teleport then run to gain distance.

Idk maybe if the recharge on the trap was faster or if there was a way to move it like with the turret it would be nice since I miss a lot of the time and throwing on top of an enemy does nothing. this is really just for solo play which isn’t the main focus of the game.

That might actully work. but this:

This is alredy fast. and also MOUNTS

Ok, I DO NOT CARE ANYMORE!!

When you know you lost…

1 Like