Sprint Five Schedule

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to give a quick update on Sprint Five, which is scheduled to come out Monday the 23rd. We have the free weekend coming up this weekend which is taking up a little of our time, and in addition to that it doesn’t make a lot of sense to release a new World Boss or hold a tournament on a Monday, so we just wanted to let you know about the timetable for those rollouts.

Monday April 23rd: New Fishing Quests + Rare Fish
Friday April 27th at Noon CST: New World Boss
Saturday April 28th (time TBD): Runemage Tournament will be held

Just wanted to give everyone heads-up in case you were planning on being there right when things were released. Thanks!

4 Likes

when exactly is the tounament, and who is in it, and will it be a live event?

It is an invite-only tournament that we will send out invites to later this week based on the leaderboards. It will be a live event.

How many players will you invite?

TBD. Most likely Top 5, although we might do Top 10 if I think we can figure out a speedy way to do it. My goal is for the whole event to take about an hour, with each participant getting multiple runs.

But at any rate, if you’re interested in participating, I would get you score up on the scoreboard as high as you can before the end of the week.

Hopefully my new ISP hurries with my new internet install. Stable internet here I come! Gotta pump up those numbers!

3 Likes

new world boss hype!!

2 Likes

Can’t wait! Tournament will be fun! I’m with you @Snoopy gotta pump up those numbers.

1 Like

What happens if one of the invited can’t make it to the tourney, doesn’t respond or declines the invite?

Then we’ll just have to go to the next on the list. The reason I haven’t announced a time yet is I am planning to try and work with them to find a time that works (assuming it’s a reasonable hour on that day). But yeah we’ll just have to do what we can.

1 Like

The lag in the mage arena is unbearable. I tried it for 5 minutes the other night and my whole screen was shaking and spell lines were disappearing. I would have a half second delay on some spells being cast after I hit the trackpad. Also had spells going invisible. I just tried it again for 5 minutes and the same thing is happening making it impossible to do. It wasn’t this bad a few months ago when I did it.

I’m running on low.

computer specs
i7 6820
1080gtx
SLD

3 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t lag as bad, but when the “event” is started via fireball, the lag increases. It’s silly. I figure it wouldn’t be a problem if it was a teleport to a location like your house. In a void, middle of nothing.

1 Like

Seems like I might actually need to whip out some strenght potions… tho I agree with Johann lagg seems worse nowadays I have even a second of delay on some spells and my wand not drawing and my spell suddenly stopping and then showing up almost at the target kind of lagg, which is interesting considering that almost anywhere else these problems have all but disappeared for me. Not that I can blame the lagg I am just plain bad at the mage trial ground thingie.

1v1 brackets, mages facing away from one another in the center of the arena(?) with both fires lit at once. Top 8/12/16, perhaps? Single/Double elimination depending on time and attendees? Just a thought

Well whatever the format, I look forward to seeing you guys there!

1 Like

I’m disappointed that I couldn’t make it into the top 10, so my hat is off to the guys that managed to score over 22k. I could barely break 21k.

How much time did you spend there? I ask because I think it took most in top ten at least four hours of attempts, at least one person I know spent 20+ hours on their score, maybe you still have a shot!

2 Likes

Oh wow. In total, I’ve probably spent 10 hours or so. In that time, my score went from about 17k after the first 30 minutes to where I’m stuck at just a hair over 21k.

I really don’t know how people can cast accurately any faster than that, considering the server lag putting a hitch in the spell releases, but they did it. Maybe my technique is just fundamentally not fast enough-- there’s only two sequences where I have two spells in-flight simultaneously.

You can pump your speed up a bit with talents and chug a strength potion if you haven’t tried that yet, just have to be careful with the extra deviance in the flight path while drawing your next spell due to the added speed.

2 Likes

It just takes practice and patience. I have prolly spent a little over an hour total and I got over 21k before talents. If you practice, you will do well. Look at all the rangers on the board.

2 Likes