Suggestion: Duel Mechanic

Suggesting a duel mechanic so people can 1v1 or put on PvP events without the risk of interference. PopTart, Stone and I put on a fun, easy going event to have two of us Bard at each other to determine the “Best Bard in the Universe”. Several other PvP players showed up and started killing the two participants, including taking the literal one of a kind, only item in the game of its type trophy I had created for PopTart as a reward for killing me.

Luckily I got the item back, but it really sucks that us putting together this goofy event was ruined by people who only take pleasure in ruining the fun of others. Completely soured the mood and as a result, I feel like putting on any other PvP events would be a monumental waste of time and effort.

This was also a concern during the Orbus Olympics last year as well. There doesn’t seem to be a good solution at the moment other than trust that toxic players won’t be toxic.

8 Likes

would absolutely love this kind of mechanic as its very hard I feel like to have duels and its sometimes very annoying to walk all the way somewhere just to duel someone I’d like to also add it’d be awesome if duels could be done within safezones or even in highsteppe itself as it would let people enjoy the waiting game of getting shard groups together instead of just sitting there talking

2 Likes

Dude, 1v1 duels in Highsteppe (especially having like, a specific spot for it? D&D Online had taverns with PvP pits lol) would be siiiiiick! I know in ESO I loved watching the duels between high level players.

3 Likes

Please add it in :sob::sob:

3 Likes

That figures. Can’t do anything fun.

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS

I came in here expecting something VERY different. I thought this was a class suggestion for a “Dual Mechanic”. Some kind of dual spanner wielding melee class…

3 Likes

I would love that, and like another mmo i played a trade window would pop up and you could wager goods, if you lost it would be taken out and givem to the victor, this would be great!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.