I just want to say I am having a blast with the game so far. Completely hooked on everything. However, I do have some suggestions and QoL (Quality of Life) improvements to suggest for the game. I see there is a lot of potential with the game, but at the same time, I also see a lot wasted or not done. I hope the devs see this and take this into account with both improvements to be made and my suggestions. I really really enjoy the social aspect the most about this, but there is a lot to be done with that as well.
As it stands right now, this game is an unpolished gem. It’s the ONLY MMO and has so much potential to be much more. I would never even write a response like this if I didn’t feel it was worth it. Anyway, onto the suggestions. This will be a long one and I will bump this post every 20 days if a response hasn’t been posted to keep it alive. I’ll also update it to keep things in align if anything. Pretty much ALL of the suggestions come from my experience playing other MMOs since they contain the same thing. This game really needs it if it wants to keep up with the rest.
I’ll leave out the numerous bugs that I experienced since the forum is flooded with them.
GUI/HUD (Graphical User Interface/Heads Up Display):
• Change the location of the Health bar from the weapon to another location. A lot of the time it’s hard to see what health % I am at if I am constantly swinging around the weapon. Place it near the “belt” area closer to the field of view to make it easier for the player to see OR place it near the top near the EXP bar, but also lower that down a bit more so we don’t have to look directly up to gauge it. This also applies to buffs, other status effects, etc.
• A lot of classes it gets hard to see what health they are at AND also if you are in a party. Along with the placement of the bar, also add the ability to see what the party’s health is (especially as a healer).
• In the world map that can be brought up, please a level range that players should be in for each region. I know a lot of players are confused as where they can/have to go since there is no indication as to what areas are meant for what levels.
• Allow the ability to send voice messages to other players in the mail. It takes a long time to text out a message since we are not using a keyboard.
• Have a separate voice chat for party or someway to filter it. It get’s really hard to communicate as EVERYONE uses voice.
• Have the HP total (a number) alongside with the bar so we know the total amount of HP we have.
• Have the names of the monsters displayed over them. There should be a way to know what monster is what since there is are many different types of the SAME monster.
What I’d like to see is a stat system put in place. Right now, I have no idea what class main stat is and which does which. There’s no way to find out. It’s very confusing and makes no sense a lot of the times. This is what I suggest since each level is tied to a class independently.
• With each stat, or with a tool tip, it’d be nice to know what each stat actually does and which class uses which stat. There’s nothing like that. At. All. Just place a (!) icon near the stats that pops up a tooltip explaining what the stat’s do and other useful information that goes along with it. Don’t make the user look for it. That’s just bad design.
It’s nice being able to switch classes and have each class has its own independent levels. This brings a lot to the table since the player can do what they want without starting over or making a new character.
• Each class has its own stat allocation. For example, every time a player levels up they get X amount of stat points to distribute to their stats accordingly (STR, INT, WIS, CON, etc). As it stands right now, there is no diversity and it’s pretty plain. These stats only go with the class they are using and does not transfer between other classes. A lot of the buffs from classes are meh. They don’t really do much and are pretty much useless since they raise the stats listed, but because of the low numbers, they hardly mean anything without this. This system is meant to promote builds and individual play style according to the user’s preferences and to help the long-term growth of the game (Raids, other forms of combat content, etc). The base is already there.
• Along with the skill system, implement a skill point system along with the class levels. Right now, it’s select and forget. In the long-term of the game, it would be nice to “upgrade” skills to higher ranks to increase their effectiveness. 99% of all other MMOs do this to some degree. Since we only have two choices of “trees” the max rank can be either 3 to 5 since we max out at lvl 30 with 5 tiers to choose from. I propose 3 skills points per level to put into the skills. This will give an option to choose from both skills and to increase the others from the tiers below instead of only selecting just one and then that’s it.
• Paladin: The amount of charges you can gain is awful. Certain monsters I cannot kill since I cannot deal enough damage before they heal themselves. It’d be nice to have other ways to gain charges since a lot of the other skills use them as well. I’d suggest decreases the amount of damage needed to gain charges from 500 to 250 and/or decrease the light charge skill from 2 to 1 second. I am spending a lot of the time waiting to gain charges since I only have an effective 3 charges to use at a given time (5 charges I take double damage and no charges I take full. I have to hover around 2-3 at all times.) Yes, Tanks are not meant to deal a lot of damage, but they should still assist the other members with damage output. You can also use this suggestion to add more skills/abilities such as more Librams that use charges for effects. Other abilities already do this, but they really need more ways or better ways to gain charges.
• Bard: It’d be really awesome for the ability to add our own music and play it during battle instead of the normal way. OR you can also cash this system in by adding new music in the store to purchase. I’d be also great to select 4 orbs to use rather than 3. Adding 4 adds more complexity to the playing and adds more of a penalty for missing beats in exchange for the added effect.
• Runemage: I see a lot of people have trouble with drawing Runes. Though, I do not have issue and I do not know if they know you have to take into account 3D space, but it would be nice both eye-pleasing and helpful to have a tome offhand that comes with the wand. This tomb can contain your spells “runes” and when a button is pressed (like the trigger), an outline is drawn in the user’s field of view to help them draw the runes. You can also “flip” through the book to select which spell by holding down a button and use the thumbpad to select by spell in a list format. Up/Down select the type (Firebolt, Frostbolt, Affliction, etc) while Right/Left selects the grade (1st,2nd, 3rd, etc). This gives the ability for the user to select which spell they want to cast instead of having them remember every rune AND to draw it. This only applies to Runes/Spells the players has found. It does NOT contain the spells other players have taught them. This also gives the option if more spells are added down the line.
• Each weapon and armor should have an “enhancement” bonus to it ranging from +0 (normal) to +10 (Epic). Right now, each armor or weapon is pretty plain and there is only 3 (sometimes even 1 actual choice!) to choose from for each level. There’s very little options and it’d make sense to have something like this especially if a blacksmith profession is added (See below!).
• As far as I know, I have only been seeing uncommon weapons/armor being dropped from monsters with only 1 or 3 possible “enchantments”. Two things: have more rarity of the drops added to the items being dropped and increase the “enchantments” types. You can also tie this in with the Enchanter Profession (Again, see below!) to add “runes” to weapon/armors to change their bonuses.
• If this is added, allow the items to be sold on the market and/or auction house. Right now, it’s only potions and such. There’s very very little reason to even purchase anything from these and there is not much reason to use really any Dram to purchase stuff.
With each profession, there’s a lot of potential since we have to manually add or make things. It’d be really cool to add a leveling system to each profession. This way it adds some level of end-game goal to get each profession to the max level. Also, each item being crafted should be tied to a certain level or skill to be made. There is so much potential with this game since it’s VR with each profession. Same goes for existing professions right now.
Some suggestions for other professions are:
Blacksmith: crafting custom weapons and armor from materials gained from quests, events, monsters. This profession should also be able to enhance weapons to a higher enhancement level (+0 to +10). This gives players the option to both help and/or charge people for the service. You can make it like you have to “strike the weapon” on an anvil a certain amount of times or a certain way. This can certainly be another type of Minigame to be added.
Enchanter: Adds Runes to items to increase or change their effects. Think of it like Skyrim. Just do something like that where you have to manually draw the runes (like the runemage) or something of that sort. Adds a huge amount of depth to the game if each rune had a historical meaning or if you have to find them (like the Runemage does!).
Dungeons should have a level requirement. I can’t tell you how many times I have been stuck with an awful party due to level 6s or 8s joining the queue and not being able to do a single thing. It’s awful. The level adjustment that is done with the game seriously ruins this in my opinion. Level 8’s cannot do any dungeons. Also, allow us to select WHICH dungeon we’d like to queue for.