The Coliseum Launches Today!

Thanks for all the feedback from everyone so far, we are reading them. I would be interested now that some players have had a chance to try it out, what do you think would be a hard wave to beat (which monsters in what kind of numbers)? Which boss do you think should be the end?

5 Likes

Maybe a pick you own modifier, where you can add affixes to the instance or get boons (ie free res, wipe forgiveness, bonus health/damage) which would have a positive or negative effect on your final score or time depending on how you decide to measure it. Like wipe forgiveness but score modifier -10% / +60 seconds, hot foot +5% / -30 seconds

Also, perhaps a weekly/daily reward progression based on score or time. Ie get 1000 point/complete in under a 10 minutes get bronze chest, 2000/7 minutes silver etc with each having varying chance of purple and legendary drops

1 Like

Maybe a weaker version of a raid boss like Napur etc. But me and Katsui had talked about soo many reward ideas for the full realease, note all of this is heavily inspired by osrs. So we had talked about armor transmogs, and you would get it for the class you completed it on. so kinda like if you finished on a class with 2 people and swap classes its like normal mode transmogs. If you do it solo on a class you get something like “hardmode colluseum” transmogs. And for the final idea, solo it without swapping classes and you get “expert mode” coliseum transmogs
If all that isnt like managable we thought of capes that boost stats depending on how you do the coliseum.

2 Likes

I definitely fancy the “cape that boosts stats” idea.

If you had the time and resource, it would be cool to fight Darius/Marlowe in the end lol. But I think of the dungeon bosses, still first boss from the cove.

4 Likes

The first boss from cove would be pretty cool and would work very well in a 2-player no-tank environment. It would even make sense lore-wise, I think one of the blog posts says that the wyvern is a former fighter from some other realm.

Is the entrance going to stay in the tavern? It’s a perfect place for beta testing, but I feel like it is a little bit weird from a game-world point of view.

Thinking of a coliseum itself, where gladiators fought to entertain people, it makes sense to me that the entrance keep where it is.

I really like that point of view, that’s all about the coliseum spirit! Still not sure about what to think of throwing boosters to players or any battle modifiers at all, but I really like the idea of throwing tomatoes, or since the entrance is in the tavern, why not beer or other types of drink, example. that acts like chameleon pots?

Thanks for all the feedback and replies, just wanted to update everyone that the monsters will be changing next week so if you haven’t had a chance to beat it or play it in its current configuration you’ll need to hurry!

7 Likes

Please keep chickens!!! Maybe big chicken end boss? :pleading_face:

5 Likes

Petition to keep the chickens! :hatching_chick: :hatched_chick: :rooster: :dragon:

5 Likes

We want chickens!

5 Likes

Yes! The stupidly powerful chickens are infamous at this point, we need to keep them, maybe as a later wave!

7 Likes

So everyone wants to keep the overpowered chickens?
(Sigh)
There goes my last hope of being able to play the Coliseum.

Actually just one of those chickens is fine for me. And to be fair it is the small seemingly not dangerous looking part that is fun about them.

Their hitboxes should definately be higher though. That is very f’ed up about them. You can literally shoot a fireball straight through their head and it doesnt count. And that is the easy class to hit enemies with.

A single small cute chicken boss? xD

1 Like

I have an idea for the next rotation of monsters, but they will probally be changed out after a week, so would love some suggestions on what are some monsters everyone wants to see in the lineup.

3 Likes

Snowmen? :snowman:

1 Like

You can beat those chickens fam, I believe in you.

1 Like

Have they changed as yesterday was reset day?

No they will change next week, just made the post this week so playets would have some time before it changes.

1 Like

Actually it seems like all the best monsters in game are in the actual lineup. I really like the Forsaken mobs in the end, they have great mechanics to deal with.
I don’t remember seeing any Necro monsters around. Maybe Brutes and Mages could be in one of the first waves