The Wilds Zone!

Yea, It seems like there are a decent amount of people in the community that do miss the wilds. I personally would rather have that back than open world pvp… Even though it is not going to happen maybe we can get a wilds zone back that is full pvp whether you have it on or not and add exclusive transmogs and dyes, and other cosmetics. This could also provide a place for the trickster goblin to spawn and appeal to the part of the community that likes to grind with a “rush.”

1 Like

I agree the wilds added a welcomed feeling of danger. If you didn’t want to go there you traded or paid for the rare mats. The way people earn money and supplies now buying the wilds mats for people who do not wish to pvp should not be a problem.

1 Like

Judging from old threads there are even more people who will just quit if that bs comes back. I like reborn EXACTLY because I am finally no longer forced to join into that pvp-grief-kindergarten (see other thread where they seriously discuss if “teleport-camping” should be fixed or if it’s possibly a cool feature to be killed while loading in, not able to move :rofl: ).
Really, fine for you if you like pvp, I don’t (except in somewhat fair and sportive settings like duels or bgs), pvp and pve were separated for a reason. We need more separation, like more content/pve-equal rewards for pvp, not less, like forcing pve players into pvp AGAIN.

The wilds were one of the major flaws of the old game, ofc it was the nicest thing for griefers to have people flowing in which were not interested in pvp. They were easier to kill n rob than the current guilds finally giving a challenge and fighting back (but also griefing themselves, alot).
And no, wilds mats were frequently missing on the market and even if they were not, why should I rely on pvp anyway, by farming or trading, to play pve content?? Other games got pvp and pve servers, Orbus is too small for that, thus the workarounds.

But yea everyone is likely sooooo sick of necro-ing that topic I don’t know why I am even posting, likely others feel same who engaged into the old threads.

3 Likes

I feel i should first off say that if you dont like the wilds, DONT GO THERE!! you can sit back like the rest of people who were scared to go in and pay for your resources. This topic was mainly for the pvp community and for the people who enjoy pvping if you even read the thread you would see that your not being forced to pvp so you can sit back and watch. While there may be people who dont enjoy it there are people who do, a lot!

2 Likes

And where does griefing come into play with the wilds that does not already exist in the current game? Camping TP stones and graveyards, farming people in battlegrounds by graveyard camping killing at public events and making it hard for people who pvp to do an event with pvp on? Just to name a few, so before you ramble on the wilds being bad because it “forces pve to pvp” read the thread, and add a proper arguement rather than saying people will quit if it comes back, just dont go in lol.

2 Likes

You didn’t even read the topic post :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Elaborate on that? No one reads anything I write neither, apparently :smiley: My point was the wilds were no amazing feature for a whole bunch of people and thus don’t need to be readded. My point was the old wilds were by no means designed so you could “just not go there” as a pve player … the answer to that is “oh you can just not go there”. Oh yes? Then it got nothing to do with ‘bring back the wilds’ but is a totally different idea, not really indicated in the OP (or all the posts in between… perhaps read the whole thread, first of all). All this is totally repeating itself in ever-lasting circles, but yea, nvm.

Still wouldn’t be forced too if it was added in under the circumstances of the original post.

Literally says plain and clear in the original post that there would be other content that didn’t force anyone into visiting the wilds zone (which kind of tells me the you didn’t really read it)

Then read the rest of the thread it shifted very very quickly to “bring-the wilds-back” and to an overall impression of the whole community desiring nothing like this. I added the other, legit side of the view missing so far, nothing else. Instead of meta-discussion about who should reply to what a discussion targeting the topic is more helpful anyways imo.

Where did the post shift to “bring back the wilds”? The community doesn’t want the wilds back because they don’t want pve content to require you to pvp. If you read the quotes above you can see the the idea of this post was never to have anything like that in the wilds zones. I have read the whole thread and I see no point where the post shifted, or the original poster said anything about PVE players being forced to PVP. Actually, all the posts I have seen from the original poster are overwhelmingly supportive of the idea that the wilds would no longer be a forced thing. This is the point that the OP is trying to make, that you are missing. The new wilds zones, if they were to be added into the game, would be side content with rare drops and good PVP experiences, or at least that is what we are aiming for. #BringWildsBack

1 Like

No clue what you are talking about but you sound like you read a different thread. Atropos made exact the same point 9d ago, for a reason lol, in reaction to quotes, just like me!
I get your point but I don’t think there’s any need to start a meta-discussion over it or neglect others views. If the zone is pvp-default, designed like a normal overworld zone, with mobs, aberrations and what not then there is hardly any difference to the old wilds. It’s no bg, but a separate part of the orbus-world only accessible with a forced pvp on. That is exactly what we had in the old wilds, a core-part of the OG which was changed for a reason. The world felt smaller for pve-players, incomplete, to see everything and wonder “out” to farm valuables you needed pvp on in the OG. Everyone can access the reborn-world freely, on the other hand, with pvp on or off, no forced pvp anywhere except perhaps in the bg where your sole purpose is to fight against each other so that makes sense. And for special, exclusive drops you need to turn pvp on, too (goblin).
The only possible difference of a new wilds is that in that zone there’s no resources to get for crafting, neither fish, then you only miss out on some sights and drops, but frankly, I doubt that is very attractive. And the feeling of a world, divided in 2 sections (optional and forced pvp) with the whole thing only accessible fully for pvp players, is back, hence the responses to that.

PS: The wilds as they were have been vast and empty, too btw, in certain timezones. I went there daily for weeks to fish and farm, not encountering anyone, 5-7am US time. If anything then it’s things like the trickster chest, fixed place, fixed times, gathering more players to do actual pvp instead of getting more or less riskless drops in zones with a pvp-default.

The point of the original post is to give the PVP players a place where they can feel like they are involved in the game. The current state of PVP is that one group of people are at the top and no one else even tries because there is no incentive to do so. No one ever said that the wilds should come back as something that people are forced into if they want to min max (gathering wilds materials/fishing… even though that was the reason the game actually had a steady economy). The thing that has been the suggestion from the start is that the wilds would be a place where rare drops and harder more fun mobs could be found, not something that would necessary for all players to be engaged in. I have no idea why you seem to thing it would be this way despite the fact that it would have nothing to do with you. If you don’t want to visit the wilds, then you don’t have to, and there would be no penalty in the game for not participating in this part of it. Literally nothing would affect you at all. You would go on and play the game exactly as you are now.

As for this quote, it has nothing to do with the actual topic. If the ideas in the OP were actually considered then people would realize that the new wilds would have nothing to do with the old wilds in the sense that it wouldn’t be required.

(this was the response to Atropos’s quote, and as you can see it is very reasonable)

1 Like

People see the whole “Wilds zone” and immediately come up with an unlawful reason why it should not be re added. Adding a new wilds does not make “pve forced to pvp” anymore than it would currently as it only drops cosmetics. If that were the case then they have to anyway for the pvp vendor. My counter argument to this is she just does not like pvp and i respect that but if you try and argue to a topic that has interests in it, please just make sure she can argue and not just say its a bad idea.

I try to repeat what I just said above in shorter terms to make it easier grasp-able. My given arguments were:

• a wilds zone divides the orbus world (again) in zones pvp-only (= forced pvp) and those pve/optional pvp
  • this makes the world smaller for pve players so yes, it does affect everyone and triggers according responses
  • smaller pvp-only zones do not solve the lack of encounters (as we saw in OG)
  • the interesting thing (‘core-features’) about wilds in the OG were a) resources, b) players involved in mob-fights, pve-players, fishers etc. which were easy to gank

If you don’t wanna have back what me and others regarded as core-features of the wilds we agree on that, but I think then it’s also less interesting (for pvp players), and that’s just my 2 cents. The approach to have more events in the existing world like the goblin, spawning chests etc. seems more reasonable to me.

To summarize a bunch of arguments and reasons into “she does not like pvp” (without likely takin time to read) is pretty childish and kinda killing serious discussion about it though, so gl with that, I am out.

So i think people dont understand the definition of forced. if u are forced to do something, u have no other option, AT ALL. if u have the option to simply not do it, YOU ARE NOT BEING FORCED. if u have the option to get the same exact materials, YOU ARE NOT BEING FORCED. in the old game u had 3 DIFFERENT OPTIONS to get potions. 1. trade for the resources to make the pots, 2.do dungeons for the pots, or 3. go to the wilds IF YOU HAVE YOU OPTIONS TO ACHIEVING THE SAME GOAL NONE OF THEM ARE FORCED UPON YOU.

1 Like

…wilds was the endgame zone for a long long time. Was nothing else challenging in the game. If you diddent go there you missed out on a big chunk of the game.

But yah, I did a lot of runs for potion mats there. Alternative for me would be spending 100 000+ dram on potions, which I would class as about 1 000 000+ in the current games value/ playtime.

You where pritty much forced to go IV you wanted to pve propperly

2 Likes

Yes know what were you reffering to? OLD ORBUS, we understand there were issues with them but we are suggesting fixes to make both sides of the community happy. that is my point… and mostly the rest of the pvp community.

Lol, taking the time to read? stop saying that our suggestions force you to pvp when it clearly does not? If you took the time to read you would have seen the statements by me and the others. @Sift tried to explain to you that and you didnt listen!!! Sift is somebody who barely pvps and he was in favor of bringing it back!!! I never said i’m not open for different suggestions as to oppose why the wilds is a bad idea so it can be fixed for both parties. It is a simple as you see a wilds zone you walk away. Same as old orbus for adventurers. The wilds adds more pvp as a person who is looking for pvp does not have to search an entire world or wait an hour and a half for a BG match. They can skim a zone to find either people farming for trasnmogs or others looking for pvp.

2 Likes

I personally just feel like it would be a good thing to bring back into new orbus. As there is not much to do YET and its pretty boring for those who really enjoy pvp and have done it all.

I’m not much of a pvp player but I did enjoy the wilds in oldbus. I liked the feeling of having to look over my shoulder while harvesting mats for potions. Felt like ultima online in the beginning of that game before they added expansions that ruined open world pvp.