The Wilds Zone!

Exactly this is what i do not like about open world pvp is looking over my shoulder everywhere i go except in safe zones even though im looking for pvp. I missed finding people in the wilds farming and seeing somebody else and trying to see if they were friendly or not.

Yeah it was nice to be able to go there if I wanted that type of play. I even liked that some mats could only be found there and it was a choice if I wanted to get them myself or buy the mats or the pots from other players.

I would love it if the wilds came back with the obvious changes many people have suggested. As long as pverā€™s dont have to go their for mats I dont see anything wrong with it. My only suggestion would be that you are assigned a faction red or blue when you enter the zone to foster team play and prevent gank squad 5 vs 1s. Would Also be great if pvp only gear dropped in wilds to foster more pvp competition/ incentive . #bringbackthewilds

2 Likes

With the current state of things, If PvP only gear was entered and it was better in PvP scenarios than PvE gear we would end up in a situation of a wider chasm from the high activity and medium activity playersā€¦ We already see PvP getting killed off because of that big gap so making the gap bigger for now is probably not a good ideaā€¦ But definitely some open PvP zone that does not gate PvE would be fun yeah.

2 Likes

It would be a nice use of space in the current version of Orbus.

What if pvp armor was only applicable to other people with pvp armor? Or if you hadnā€™t gotten a certain amount of kills or honor you actually do more damage to people with pvp armor. Basically like a scaling system where low level people would be like elites to seasoned pvpers until they achieved a certain level of skill.

2 Likes

it makes sense. Handicapping until a player is skilled enough is not uncommon i think and gives the more seasoned players an opportunity to have a challenge rather than just feel like they are killing target dummies I guess.

I think having the wilds would give people an incentive explore outside of highstep and add an element of danger without having to keep your pvp on the entire time.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.