This looks amazing, is it worth it to buy a Rift or Vive?

Thanks everyone,

I’m using a Dell Optiplex 7020 Mini Tower which has a 290PSU. Based on my research this can run the GTX 1050 TI Mini version without PSU Upgrade. This card does not require additional power, where as I do think GTX 970 does.

GTX 1050 TI mini only requires 75 PSW, and based on what I’ve read this should be sufficient.

While I can upgrade the PSU, this case can’t really support a standard long video card due the area where the hard drive is located.

It’s a business computer, not for gaming, but if I have to use a GTX 1050 TI mini, which looks quite decent, I’m not too upset at all.

I’ll grab the 16GB down the line once I get more cash, but next step is Video Card purchase, then after that get the Vive from my buddy and set it all up to test the game out!

Thank you!

The gtx970 definetely needs a few extra power plugs :wink:

That being said, lets see how your “new” rig performs first before making any adjustments. As you said yourself, we’re scraping the bottom of the barrel here. But if it works, good stuff! If not, let’s see if we can do something about it :wink:

Exactly! Thanks for all your, and everyone’s help on here. I’ve also played “LOW” settings my entire life, so why should it change now? Lol.

OrbusVR doesn’t look much different on low or high settings either tbh. The first test will be if your rig can support your first tries in VR at 90+ fps. If not you will most likely get what is called “reprojection”, which is basically getting half the framerate and the software trying to “intelligently” determining what you are going to do next and some calculation on that in “spare time” if there is any.

Long story short, if your system isn’t up to it you will see a lot of unpleasant stuttering among other things. But lets cross and burn that bridge when you get there shall we? :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.