Trickster Goblin Day 2 Discussion

So key issues:

• It was unknown as to whether a person looted the goblin.
  • Confusion as to whether the goblin was still around or not. There is no indication or message.
  • Graveyard was camped as people zoned in allowing for single-team monopolization.
1 Like

Let’s see if the same sense of monopolization is happening after a week.

or keep it random and add an event indicator above the goblin so everyone knows where to run to.

3 Likes

I would kind of enjoy having additional Ones spawn full random, with no indication or timer, and maybe just one token, to just encourage people to keep pvp on and explore. And to encourage killing…

5 Likes

seeing more variety of victims then I ever have in orbus, hope it stays like that

1 Like

Just noting that this is already how it works. If you have any tokens in your inventory, you have those effects. So if you use the 10-minut elogout feature, if you log back in you still have to make it back under those same conditions.

The teleport stone camping strategy is definitely interesting. I agree that it’s not fair that you can be killed before you can even move, so we can look at adding safe zones around those. I think we aren’t going to make any further changes until the next patch on Tuesday just to give people time to come up with ideas and adapt to them, but yeah I can see there being a need for that.

2 Likes

One way of dealing with it would be like most other games do: apply a little invulnerability buff that lasts a couple of seconds as you zone in, giving you time to load in and react if there is a camper there

2 Likes

That is good. Could you disable to logout feature. Your character should never be able to logout with the tokens until you get to Highsteppe.

Safe zones is not the way to go. I think for activities like logging in, teleporting, or coming back from a bg in the overworld, a PvP enabled character should have 2 seconds of invulnerability and the invulnerability would be negated as soon as the character does any action if it is inside that 2 second window.

1 Like

Just adding an invulnerability buff will just like the added safe zone areas add some problems and new ways to potentially exploit things.

• If that buff would be used then I think you need to remove the buff after someone moves because you don’t know when they are fully loaded in. Can take 1 second or 10 seconds or they can crash and will never move :man_shrugging:.
  • Then the buff should also work both ways. Someone else can’t hit you and you can’t hit someone else while the buff is on.

(Adding the safe zone gives ppl an opportunity to always walk in that area when attacked I guess which is making misuse of that place)

I’d go for a 10s time. May discourage campers

Aye, that’s how it usually works. Invulnerable until x distance from teleport location (or 10 seconds has expired, which ever comes first)

10s is to long, the number you want should be based on the longest possible time to log in. This would be based on a poor internet connection and a computer running at minimum requirements otherwise it will just be abused.

I think having it longer will discourage campers, as the players who port in can then also either attack someone with a period of Invulnerability or teleport to a new location before the time is up

That doesn’t sound abuseable at all!

Maybe. Maybe 5s is better? Gotta be a happy medium

or make it so that whilst someone is invulnerable they do 0 damage.

2 Likes

Interesting you talk about monopolization when we didn’t even see the goblin or the person with the tokens regardless of having maybe the largest group on that one.

If you would actually read what you just quoted, I am telling the individual that they should wait a week to see how it pans out and see if it feels ‘monopolized’. But apparently people only read the first half of the things they quote these days.

13/09/2019 17:28 Goblin spawns

Number of people in PvP seen: 5

Experience:

• Upon zoning in, there was someone standing at the graveyard waiting. Each graveyard in the zone had someone waiting.
  • I never saw the goblin (for the third time).
  • the 4/5 people I saw were all from the same team.
  • I got stuck in combat right at the start of the event… stuck combat did not work… It was basically game over from the beginning for me regardless.
  • The team of 4 who were guarding the teleport pillars also were the team who found the goblin and moved out of the rainforest. Not possible for solo players to actually compete as expected.
  • This is the 3rd time I have seen the spawn timer for the goblin in the rainforest. Is it actually set to spawn elsewhere?

Delightfulness rating: 1 out of 5.

oi u atttacked me when i was loading in! u camped the stone!

on a more serious note

1. THE MOST MAJOR: the goblin isnt waiting five minutes to spawn… we set a five minute timer for the goblin after the notification, and we found it before the time was up…
  2. the tokens are no longer applying a slow effect
  3. ANOTHER BIG MAJOR: we tested and players with the tokens can not be hurt in safe zones
  4. i have also not seen the goblin once
  5. it is still a luck game and whoever finds it first gets it
  6. the best strategy is to not fight at all, but counter intuitive, dont ya think?