Trickster Goblin Day 2 Discussion

So maybe my goal is the other players looking for the goblin :wink:

i say we add a new zone cough wilds cough and just make it like the old trickster chest. I personally don’t ever see the complaints for this stopping. One spawn, set time, set location, new timer sounds good (6.5 hours) compared to a changing location, graveyard/ TP pillar camp, pally grabbing goblin and TPing far as the sun shines.

Thing is: what is the goal?
People from a active guild will most likely start getting the first transmog a week from now, in a month those tokens will be quite useless to them. But others still want them, so people will keep going for the goblin. And the pvp players can keep killing them.

Sure, some will escape, and some will not play at all, but pvp will still be a thing, and if you want to do pvp, just jump in that zone at that time. If your after players or the goblin is up to you.

Except for the portal spawn camp I get 4-5 battles per goblin spawn I attend. this is compared to maybe 2 per day last week, so yah, i rather enjoy the development. I’m yet to see the goblin, but I did enjoy the fights.

Ok, So those who “monopolize” the goblin will get overfilled with tokens and care less and less opening more opportunities and if they dont get tired of it and stay for pvp it encourages people to form groups and team against the constant winner. This is what I did last year for the chest during EK’s time and it worked out well and Im sure Kami, shiki and whoever else showed can agree it was a fun time compared to this…

Was a bit of a different map, up a hill, dead end, one exit. There are no choke points or deadends in the current game unless you place it in a cave. Having a chest spawn at a exact time and place is going to have a tone of problems, and frankly, the 5 min battle frenzy chase we have now is going to be the biggest group holds the spot and escape with the prize.

So far the basic mechanics are clearly not working as intended, but once that is fixed I think it could be quite fun.

I honestly diddent enjoy the old chest that much. I prefer the random frenzy of killing of single searching players rather then group vs group, with any singles getting instantly slayed between two armies.

Be careful devs threatened to kamikaze us all if we are not civil

It takes approximately 7-12 hours to reach level 20 in one class. Each continuing player had 1-4 level 20s to level up, plus the new classes. New potions to make, new rep to grind that was entirely new except for fishing level. I don’t think it’s a realistic or fair assessment to say they/we have nothing to do because of keeping characters

1 Like

Just want to restate that treating Trickster Goblin like just another public event would make it more accessible and less ruled by pure endgame folks. More frequent spawns mean it would be less critical that LC (for example) makes it in force to every possible spawn. Better indicators, as described in my original post, and some context clues would mean the non-forum, non-patch notes crowd would actually have a chance to understand and participate.

1 Like

I said “little” to do. Most of you have already completed these tasks, yes? So that means a couple of things:

Leveling is too easy.
Players are very invested - maybe too invested in game and might perhaps think of taking a breather now and then.
A slow/hard grind - again, a suggestion. 7-12 hours to hit 20 levels might be a little quick perhaps. Especially if you can literally grind out all of the classes in a week! Ok so if that’s the way it is, how about offering up another alternative to the Goblin? How about a BG Zone where Goblin has a flag - Capture the Flag - get points/HR/Tokens to use at shops - but make the items costs a fair bit.

I’m just trying to help Lolz honestly! Why every time I make a post someone has a counter post? This is non-conducive to a civil conversation. I’m not subtlety talking about lack of content here, but there’s obviously some void that needs filled otherwise there wouldn’t be such a surge for the Goblin. Right?

Just did a quick search on announcements and adjustments:
Oh, also, on the Fishing rep from having Fishing levels, when you first approach the vendor you will still be Level 1, but the first time you turn in a fishing mission, it should correctly use up all your “stored” rep that we gave you and level you up to the correct level. So just a heads up on that.

So how many of you went from level 1 like up to max? Just curious.

I think this should be in a separate post, but since you asked, it’s my understanding that the highest rep someone got was 6 to start. I, myself, only had 5 and I was a level 14-15 fisher.

I’m not sure where to post it, but again it’s related to the Trickster Goblin PvP event.

I’ve read the first one and now the second one and the devs first implemented a random spawn, people complained, then they implemented a fix spawn, people complained.

I’m just trying to figure out what the actual issue is - because it’s obviously not about Goblin spawning at all, rather other outside issues perhaps.

World Bosses will now have a 100% drop rate for capes
An example of something like this - so you kill a boss, you get a cape, event over. Now onto the next.

I’m just spitballing ideas here - but the back and forth over spawn times/rates is going nowhere fast.

Another question for the high end players. Are you doing the Goblin event for the tokens to obtain the items or just for the fun PvP?

What about in overall increase in the Goblins HP/AC? What if he actually took a while to beat down? Would that help by assisting players in arriving to the area? Does he attack or does he just die? What if he literally could GOBLIN STARE you insta death? Might help?

Again I’m not sure if this would help just a suggestion, but since I’ve been reading about people grouping up or doing solo to do the event and I’m not sure how trades are done - but what if for example a group kills the goblin and one player gets the token BUT THEN the token is volatile/poisonous and can only be held by one player for a certain amount of time and then must be PASSED to another player in your group. If it isn’t done in the time limit the player holding the token dies and the token is then popped on the ground AWAY from the group that was holding it. So it would be a pretty slow crawl back to highsteppe giving other groups a chance to kill the player who is holding the token, and then their group would have to do the same thing - giving dead players a chance to rez and get back to the area before the event ended.

I think just like the public events how there is a big colored tube showing where the event would be awesome if the goblin had it, so there is less searching and more fighting, just my opinion who else thinks so?

2 Likes

im not 100% sure this is the way to go, the last thing I want is to discourage smaller groups to go out looking for the goblin, however this might just take out the frustration of not being able to find it, and not knowing when to stop searching for the goblin

You know when I was in game I would see those tubes and start heading towards them and then by the time I arrived they were over. I had no idea that there were teleport stones everywhere that people use all the time.

I wouldn’t worry to much about smaller groups/new players they probably don’t know about the stones either.

#buildthewall

While PvP is enabled your gear durability should go down much slower. Currently during PvP fights if you die a couple times then your gear is all going to be destroyed. Some things that would fix this issue would be reducing the durability reduction of armor to half of what it is currently. This would definitely help fights to actually continue a little longer, and it would give players a chance to get kills after leaving the spawn, or if the player dropped something then it would give them a chance to get their items back. Another way to accomplish this is to actually add a repair station to every graveyard, but I don’t think that this is entirely necessary because these aren’t needed by players that don’t have PvP enabled. The only reason that the repair stations in graveyards exist are for PvP players, so I think that making the rate at which durability on armor breaks significantly lower while PvP is enabled would be the best solution.

EDIT: Just wanted to say that it is very annoying to have to farm reagents to get back to highsteppe with no armor. Especially because the only reason that you need to get to highsteppe is to repair your broken stuff.

2 Likes

I don’t see it as a problem since unlike the wilds everyone can just run back from the closest graveyard (which could be right next to the battle) and catch people who killed you while they’re still healing back up, so i would say it’s fair having a penality for dying several times in a row.

1 Like

Number of people in PvP seen: 10

Experience:

• Upon zoning in, there was no one to be seen. I assume they were already running around the zone as I zoned in about 30 seconds late.
  • I never saw the goblin (I never have 4 times running).
  • the 8 people I saw were from 2 different teams.
  • I found a paladin in PvP right outside highsteppe who probably was the one with the token and was impossible to keep up with even with my mount… Basically Paladin’s can run away with the token without any competition @Riley_D this is an actual problem. If Paladin’s want to run, they can do it no problem with their token.
  • I attempted to PvP against a scoundrel in the overworld… But their damage is just too high… I get killed in 3 seconds before I can cast more than 2 spells… Impossible to challenge really.

Delightfulness rating: 1 out of 5. - Headless chicken PvP.

I agree with C_R that makes the most sense

1 Like

please make the goblin chest stationary or something im very happy you brought back the chest but its just not as fun searching rather then brawling

It would be nice to hear the story of the people who found the token on this thread… Otherwise the devs will not pick up on all the issues its gonna be an RNGESUS hunt every single time after changes.

1 Like