True Affliction is actually True Terrible now

I use to be a dot mage but i use the true affliction and I practice i try to use the dot talent at a t8 shard my dps is very low then it use to be strong. So i went back to true affliction talent made killing mobs easier and faster

For the last sentence I believe you meant affinity

Yeah I’m physically sick since a few days now and wasnt playing at all, and guess what? I dont miss it. Not at all.
That was never the case in the old game! Never.
The only reason why I’m still playing is because spending time with friends.

Back to the main point of this thread: as soon as affliction got nerfed I switched to affinity like almost every mage. I miss to spread, but no thanks nope with this way

2 Likes

yes chase :rofl:

I dont even know why they let us pick talents when one is always infinitely better lol

2 Likes

I second this thread.Old orbus was amazing, some bugs needed to be fixed but the world had so much more potential than reborn. Most of the people have left and I see them in other games/discord channels. We all miss the old orbus and wish it would be re-released as a seperate game. Anyway, this was already said in another thread. I hope Orbus does something good, but it is doubtfull that our voices will be acted upon.

2 Likes

Yeah i feel the same way, the devs listen to a specific set number of players and that’s really it. There is more than just a “few” of us who completely dislike reborn and that we should just move on. But i said what i said earlier in the thread because i dont really see anybody speaking out about reborn being disappointing because they will get so much sh*t for it.

2 Likes

I am glad I am not the only one who feels this way about reborn. I used to wake up on days off put on some music and go harvest mats for hours. No reason to do that with reborn just do anything and get free stuff. Everyone keeps saying it will get better just wait. I do like how they are adding the holiday stuff.

3 Likes

cough started this thread to just talk about true affliction /cough

6 Likes

I honestly miss the old map a lot. I enjoyed the town feeling it had where it was a small town with a great community. Guild city felt like another option for people who didn’t like highsteppe. I also miss the old community. Instead of hundreds of people maxed it was very limited which make the community more of a community. I don’t hate quest users at all but I do miss the old map and the old physics and dungeons. I thought reborn was going to be what they said and that was highsteppe 20 years later but it’s not the same layout and all of a sudden we barely have “lore quests” and it’s mostly just constant grinding. I still do love the new map and classes and love meeting new people outside of highsteppe. I can live on with reborn especially if they are going to do events like the harvest.

1 Like

I have to say that true affliction was at the point of gamebreaking in the old game.

• dot a abberation in wilds, aoe and spread and kill any player in a huge visinity around it in a few sec.

• solo all mobs, anywhere, no matter group size, including raids.

Despite the gigantic nerf I would say that mages hav the poteential to be even stronger in the new game because of:

• removal of spel delay
  • instant spell direction options
  • triplicity, a talent that is probably better than the ultimate and can be charged at will.

Ya but it still removed the usefulness of the option of true affliction as a talent, even if the mage became better. Mostly because the lowered single target damage is still in my opinion the cause of the problem. If it stayed normal damage with surrounding targets spreads then ppl would consider one or the other talent.

This thread is not “make true affliction op again.” It is, wow this is a very useless talent for a level 20 talent that everyone used to enjoy.

The current mage rotation is :fireball. With perhaps sometimes a greater affliction.

Consider static shock, the other level 30 ritual which are eyyh, and + runic speed not seeming to work.

Runic diversity would be good if there was any reason to cast frost with true affinity(u gain 3 ticks of affliction 2 so it’s just about worth fireballing some more instead), or it would be used with true affliction for sure.

Basically true affinity is a dumb-dumb talent whereas true affliction used to atleast require multiple spells and was a bit more interesting.

Cough cough old orbus wouldn’t have this problem…

2 Likes

pretty much sll mage tilesets rely on frost, an optimal rotation depends entirely on your casting speed and getting those extra few ticks on affliction isn’t a bad idea to have more up time on them during triplicity.

still do agree that true affliction could use some love

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.