Uncap Raids Please?

Have a good day bud

That’s just a list of fallacies.

Idk, about 60 B1-3 HM, 40 B4. Who cares? My argument and my player character are not related.

How does uncapping raids fix this?

But it does. Burnout is a result of repetive content. Uncapping raids encourages doing more repetitive content, instead of doing it in moderation by having it capped as once per week.

This is the bandwagon fallacy. Just because it’s the opinion of the majority does not mean it’s the correct option. The reason we have arguments and discussions is so that people are able to express their opinion, not so we can blindly agree with the general opinion.

I’m not, that’s the whole point! I believe that the obsession about getting more gear from raids is not the correct way to fix issues with burnout. Obviously, I need to bring up gear in any counterarguement because this is literally a thread discussing how much gear should be obtained from raids.

Enjoying the content and gaining gear are not one and the same. You can enjoy content and not gain rewards from it, and it would be silly to argue otherwise. The game is honestly in a fine spot regarding lockouts, and players who play for any extent of time will eventually get the gear that drops from raids they are able to complete.

Let me put this past you, bud.

You’ve kill bosses 1 - 3, you and 9 others put in the effort to get a chance of a drop and your tokens. But the leader of that party doesn’t log for the B4, so you clear 1 - 3 again. Now you and 8* others clear 1 - 3 twice with no reward for the hard work of 1 - 3. And yeah 1 - 3 for B4 but 4 is long enough to reward you with a 7.

The point isn’t about the gear, its about not getting a reward for killing multiple 5+ min bosses.

1 Like

Yeah, @Burke_S You talking down on other players, for doing multiple raids isnt exactly a good argument for uncapping raids, most of us do it to get other players their clear, for people like myself, one of the only reliable tanks left in game, get pulled into so many raids a week I dont bother keeping track anymore, and personally I, and many others like me, would like to be rewarded for that. Not just wasting our time, doing a raid we’ve already done, when I could be doing something more valuable like liar grinding or farming for legendries.

That’s an issue with a player not logging in, not an issue with the game. If your party leader consistently isn’t logging in, you should change the person that holds the instance. We don’t need to make widespread changes to the entire way raid lockouts work in order to fix an issue with a player not logging in at a certain time. It’s a fair point to bring up that raises some questions about instances being held and resetting, though, and a discussion about that may be worth having.

I’m not talking down on other players. Sure, you’re a good tank. Sure, you do tons of raids per week. At the end of the day, you’re playing a video game. You should do those raids if you enjoy doing them, not because you’re getting some additional arbitrary loot.

Listen, if you don’t enjoy playing the content, just don’t play the content. If you find enjoyment in helping others through content, or just like to do the raids, that’s awesome, and you should continue doing that. If you don’t find any enjoyment in doing the raid, and are just doing out of obligation to other players, that’s not healthy, and will lead to you burning out.

Adding more rewards for completing the content more than once is a band-aid solution for the more fundamental problem of players like yourself simply not enjoying doing the same content many times per week. End of the day, giving you rewards for doing it multiple times doesn’t really make the game more fun.

no one ever said they dont enjoy the content, pretty much everyone thinks the raids are great, fun boss fights. But what we dont enjoy is not being rewarded for doing the content. regardless of burnout its made apparent by the community already that people want to do these raids more than once a week regardless, so why not uncap them. every point you’ve made so far has been redundant or disproven.

1 Like

thats not the point, and you know it.

i silver plated it for you

I never said i didn’t enjoy the content so please don’t speak for me, especially when you’re wrong. i actually love the raids, but the point is, don’t lock your end end game content behind a once weekly login.

Alright, then, here’s a list of points I’d like addressed.

What stops players from simply farming GC 1-3 in about 5 minutes, farming hundreds of glimmerings? Can the economy in general handle the influx of glimmering and effervescents that the change would bring?

Consider raids are uncapped. You do 5 raids per week, and soon have all the loot that a raid could provide for you. What happens now that raids have no loot that you need? Do we not get the same issue as now, except to an even worse degree as now every single raid gives you no reward you need?

Does giving players more loot make the game more enjoyable to play? Will players that don’t enjoy raids anymore because they’ve done so many come back because raids drop more loot? If you do enjoy the content, why do you feel lockouts are unnecessary?

If players can simply max out their gear in a day of farming raids, is that healthy to keep player engagement? Lockouts have been used for over a decade as a way to keep players ingame for longer, as you can’t simply go from no gear to maxed gear in a day.

Is incentivizing doing more raids more often a positive? Burnout is innately a result of too much repetition of content in a short period of time. Removing lockouts would incentivize the cause.

It’s the point you made. Your point was that a party leader not logging on means you need to redo the instance. My counter is that it has literally nothing to do with removing lockout.

So, who cares? If you enjoy the content, and will do it regardless, why does the change matter? Is it just you saying “Hey I like the game, but I want more loot!”?

Not everyone would get a drop, on average, 2 drops are given out between eveyr boss kill. So two random people would one glimmering, which means, it’s a shitty farming method considering i just got three stacks of glimmerings from the liar over the weekend. So point 1 dismissed.

You do them to have fun, like people already do, plus with the way rng works in orbus, all drops are a decently low chance, no one is going to do back to back raids, this will just make fellowships run more raids throughout the week now. And down the road when everyone does have most gear, there should be way more new content to do.

Yes, Not giving more loot, it’s still not a guarentee and the drop chance should be touched if they’re uncapped. Overall player moral and attitude will go up as they will feel rewarded for being more active. and not punished for it like many feel curently.

Like I said in point 2, the player engagement is already stricly social, and will continue to be regardless of capped or uncapped raids. Plus, It will be incentive fr the devs to add more content, which they are already doing so if they keep up with how frequently they’re adding content at the moment this shouldn’t be a problem. Plus People already go to max gear in a day, we take people through hard mode citadel all the time, and between the 9 other people who don’t need the gear, we can get them full +6 in an hour. What it comes down to is people just play orbus socially, they play with their friends, the log on hoping to do dungeons and raids with the people they enjoy hanging out with.

Burnout should be handled on an individual level, it isn’t orbus’s responsibility to handle the players getting burnt out. Plus, burn out sets in way faster when the cause is negative, ie. not getting the drops they want and feeling punished for doing multiple raids. rather than any burn out from participating in fun, engaging, and rewarding content, which will occur much less often then the prior.

1 Like

The problem with that is new content will take months and add more glitches to the game while uncapping raids is a quick fix while we wait for new content.

1 Like

Thats not what im saying, stop speaking for me, please? It’s rude and this is the second time youve been wrong. The change matters because people are currently getting burntout. I am not like the majority of orbus, Orbus is all I have really so I play the game regardless of the drops. But other people. players who have outside lives and other things they could possibly be doing? Are the ones doing the once a week raid, the players you dont see any other time but tuesday because thats the only time they need to be on.

1 Like

Or, they just reuse the existing content by making GCHM drop +6 gear.

@Burke_S No response? Did I miss a point?

If you’re just going to be increasingly hostile, I’m going to be hostile too.

You see, the question mark at the end of that statement implies it’s a question. As in, I am asking if your thoughts are similar to what you are implying by your argument.

As you can see, insulting the person behind the argument is dumb, and doesn’t add anything of value to the argument itself.

Anyways.

We disagree, clearly, but I feel like I’ve said everything I wanted to about the topic.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Canadian aint banned i just never play

Lets make +7s stop dropping and make them tradeable that would be the funniest thing ever

2 Likes