Update 11.01- Tinkerer Crafting Profession Release

oculus atm, can test on index
edit: also doesn’t do anything on the index

I also tested the camera and it was also broken for me (on oculus rift). So it is not specifically broken for Potato’s PC.

We are getting a patch ready now (will be about 30-45 min before pushed to live) to revert the fix for the paladin UI thats causing the reversed weapons on other classes as well as Lvl 0 with no names. Just tested the ravens view again on dev and it seems to be working, so I will continue doing testing on live once the patch rolls out.

Edit: The ravens view camera seems to be working as intended now if you can give it a try @Scott or @Åsmund_T

Edit 2: Patch is live on all platforms

still can’t get it to work

I think we got it figured out, but just so others reading this might see this. The camera will not work if you have PVP enabled, we will update the tool tip information to make that clear.

like I said to who I believe was Mathieu on an alt character, please make it usable in safezones when pvp is enabled. I don’t want to turn pvp off since I have a bunch of different missions with pvp bonus that I’d like to keep the bonus for.

edit: actually, why not just allow you to use it while in PVP? yes, it could potentially give you a better overview and see other opponents you normally wouldn’t be able to, but anyone can see the camera in the sky so you’d also be giving of your position and if you walk a certain distance away from it it disappears so it’s not like you can put it at one side of a zone while you go to the other side to check the goblin or something before it spawns. in order to use it you would also have to set up a window with oculus dash, ovrDrop, ovr toolkit, ect. and have a window somewhere in your vision potentially distracting you and/or blocking your vision.

7 Likes

I’m sure people would find a way to abuse it in PVP, such as hiding in a wall and using the camera to look out (such as the flooded rainforest raid entrance). Keeping it disabled for PVP sounds like a good idea, but also allowing it for safe zones sounds good as well, perhaps even just in the highsteppe city.

1 Like

you couldn’t really look out from anywhere while hiding in a wall, it always looks towards you, so you’d only see the wall you’re hiding in and you would be giving of your hiding spot since other people can see the camera and which direction it’s pointing. I can’t think of any situation it would give much of an advantage only a few that would give a slight advantage, but at the same time a greater disadvantage.

1 Like

Ooh thats depressing. I have maybe 100k+ xp I will lose by turning off pvp. So I will probably never be able to use the camera. :confused:

Would really love for the camera to work for pvp enabled people! At-least in safe zones and dungeons.

4 Likes

We’re likely going to change it so it’s allowed on a per-zone basis (like dungeons, raids and Highsteppe for example).

1 Like

ok, tho I personally still think it shouldn’t have restrictions in pvp since it wouldn’t really be all that usable to get any big advantage like stated above.

There is however an issue with all the new tools, they’re all tradable and therefor drop if you die with pvp on. That means you either have to keep your tools at home and can only carry 2 at a time on your belt without risking loosing them or just keep them all in your inventory and risk loosing them.
This is pretty stupid, the tools should either be changed to be non-tradable and come from item crates that you get when you craft them at the tinkering station or be excluded from dropping in pvp.

6 Likes

Or just have them change to non-tradable once equipped (Bind on Equip) is a normal thing in mmo’s

2 Likes

This is a good solution. The reason they are tradeable is we wanted players that enjoyed tinkering to have a way to earn dram and sell the items they create, but not being able to take things like the camera or the harvester into the overworld for fear of loosing them is also not good. So we are going to look into making it create a “crated” item from the tinkerer station that will be soulbound upon equipping like the rare drops (cat ears, angel wings, etc.) so tinkerers can still sell them if they choose, but wont have to worry about loosing them in the overworld pvp after they equip them.

4 Likes

I do think it is important though that if those items also get crated, that all those crates need something visually different from each other. It really makes those items harder to sell if they show up in the auction house as a generic chest.

This would also fix the harvester and arcane mount problem that still exists btw…

2 Likes

There will be a patch tomorrow morning with following fixes:

• Tinkerer tools built will be crated, allowing them to be sold while in crate, but soulbound once equipped.
  • Fixed rotated paladin UI
  • Patched an error being generated by muting yourself
  • Updated community message board
1 Like

We’ll look at differentiating the crate icons but it will require some reworking on the system internally, so won’t be for the above patch.

That might be a minor point for devs, but for some of us it’s huge… just got a harvester and of course opened it mistakenly, confusing it with all the other chests; no doubt I would’ve opened the Arcane Mount too, which I already got.

PS: And if anyone looks at icons anytime soon anyway please don’t forget about that issue… Colored Dungeon Shards

Turns out other people cannot see the camera at all, it would be abused in PVP. Tested with a few people.

It can be used from pretty far actually as well, would 100% be used to watch the rainforest door while hiding.

Even if the devs would enable sight of it, quest users wouldnt be able to see it likely and if you throw the camera while out of render distance of other players its possible it wont render for them once they get to it.

1 Like

Guess I was wrong, but I still wouldn’t call what you can do abusing, you could get some slight advantages, but nothing major.

Which would give you what? A slight preparation for when people are coming? you could hide in the cave there without the camera outside too and be almost just as prepared when someone walks into the cave and towards the door, or you could use an invis pot and stand in the cave opening without anyone being able to see you.

Just because an item could give a slight advantage doesn’t mean it should be disabled in pvp. Just like your armor and weapon makes a difference in your defense and damage, an item like this could give you a slight tactical advantage just like invis pots or speed pots can give you a major tactical advantage.

1 Like

So this… If the camera can’t work, then the invis pot should not work. Because that is way more advantegious then the camera. So make the camera work.

4 Likes