Warrior is broken

mishkas right. we found a bug with combos (im left hand paladin and right hand warrior) and we fixed it. sometimes it comes down to finding ways around it when we can.

And yet desyncing causes miscommunication in combos and a shield that doesnā€™t workā€¦ i kinda consider that game breaking

Generally when the tank dies on a boss fight everyone does and when itā€™s due to a server side issue that canā€™t be controlled i consider that game breaking.

desyncing and warrior not working are two different issues. fixing desyncing is a priority. that will help warrior.

I didnā€™t say you were new lol. Iā€™m just saying if you want change, show the devs the videos. Show the evidence, show how to repeat it, and suggest fixes. The forums are inundated with problems that need to be fixed, but to make the problem really pop you gotta show how to replicate it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im in the process of making a compilation of bugs, player fixes, and bug replications.

1 Like

And yet the shaman got a fix for desyncing with a recheck for shaman orbs and warrior shield did not.

On top of that warrior mechanics have been rendered useless by other classes since before i started apparently

On the desyncing thing i understand ā€œit takes timeā€ on the overridden mechanics it seems like a huge oversight yet to be corrected. On the shield Block for projectiles itā€™s just a qol so it is what it is. And everything else is severely frustrating because of the massive amount of new content that has been added that has created and added to the list of already hugely impactful errors this game has. I appreciate the new content and the hard work the developers have done but the amount of game bugs and errors are starting to get unbearable and extremely problematic.

1 Like

All Iā€™m saying is Relogging should not be a part of my rotation on every class multiple times during content up to around 20 averaging around 10.

not gonna lie im a bit worried infinite has been typing for a good 15 mins rn

3 Likes

Hi, we understand your concerns and appreciate the feedback. We have some more class debugging planned in the near future and we intend on taking a look at warrior desyncs - any videos of these happening youā€™re able to post would be very helpful, especially if you can capture gameplay before it breaks and after the behavior starts happening.

Thank you.

2 Likes

I agree that I would like to see the bugs fixed but bug fixing and game stability is kind of a tricky issue as you donā€™t really know the scope of the problem until you find it.

I think shield blocking projectiles really could affect Pve as well. Warrior really could benefit from being a bit stronger anyways as paladin really does overshadow it a lot.

I have a personal conspiracy theory about why the devs buffed paladin in the last balance patch as I struggle to believe that they could look at that class and come to the conclusion that it needed to be stronger. I think that they simply determined that having a strong tank in the game was in their best interests. If everything were balanced a solid 60-80% of your party would need to be competent for any piece of content as losing a tank, healer, or significant number of dps would lose you the fight. Thatā€™s frustrating though as players donā€™t like losing, especially when they donā€™t feel like its their fault. Having paladin be the monster it is avoids that dilemma because having a strong tank that doesnā€™t really need a good healer makes both tanking and healing easier. I donā€™t like this but I recognize the appeal and Iā€™ve come to accept it. I would love to see paladin nerfed. I think an easy solution is walking back their buff and making hammer throw do 1/3 damage instead of 2/3 to actually punish them for excessively stun locking and kiting.
regardless if we are going to have a strong tank in the game we might as well have 2 strong tanks in the game. wherever paladin is, warrior should be able to keep up.

In terms of overriding shields and abilities I think that is a big problem for a lot of classes in this game. I think abilities from the same class should override but abilities from other classes should not. for example afflictions being shared between players is good because it allows mage to be strong without pushing the other classes out of the meta because only the first mage gets to be the big damage rotation one. This encourages class and build diversity. mage weakness overriding scoundrel flint card is bad because it eliminates any reason for scoundrels to use flint. This discourages class and build diversity (Iā€™m still salty about support scoundrel :sob:). I have a solution for shield and other buffs like it:

• If the player has a shield and you apply another one of different strength just apply both. The shields wont stack but rather the game will just default to using the strongest one. This solves the problem of what to do when you have a strong shield with short duration and a weak shield with a long duration. It will simply give you the strong shield until it runs out and then default to the weak shield. you could do the same thing to stop renew empowered turret from ruining your renews, shared streak from ruining selfish streak on mage, all the different stuns in the game from canceling each other, and any other problematic overriding buff interaction.
2 Likes

Agree 100% sometimes this is okay and sometimes not. a 1.5 second stun should not be overwritten by a 1 frame stun but it does. Yet a mageā€™s affliction should override another mageā€™s as you said. This would just be a QoL change that makes buffs and debuffs make sense when applied and not overwriting a weaker buff or most recent. (Though tilesets might have to have their own rule for this due to interference).

I support your fix even with it making pally stunlocking better as the thing that annoys me the most on warrior are the other players removing my stun on the enemy or using protection sword raise and getting hit with bard shield.

Speaking of bard shield; it would give a reason to run it with a muskie in the party as the musky does not have to worry about their shield being overwritten and the other players not hit by the shield get the bard passive making it more useful in raid.

2 Likes

you wrong if there is a issue warrior is important then any other class in orbus . Also if the tank have a issue or bug it ruin the shard or raid for everyone and donā€™t you think the classes in orbus treated the same instead of expelling the warrior

thats not really what i said

but you said this

and every but is important together including the warrior or pally and every other classes or bugs

@Jutsu_The_Strange witch hand you hold the sword maybe I can help also how fast you swing

iv seen jutsu warrior, he has no issue with his speed and he doesnā€™t have a lack of experience, the issues I have that I imagine he also struggles with is if I forget to turn off graphics then combos will just stop procing for me

Iā€™m well versed in warrior, i can always fix the problem. The bigger issue is some things are just server error and happen out of my control. In the Best case scenario i can fix it on the spot, on the worst case 2 minutes plus is wasted. This seems minimal but in the end it can add up to a broken shard or incomplete raid.