Warrior needlessly complicated?

I feel as though the dev’s are trying more to focus on team play at the moment, so they probably made the tank not ranged because we have 2 ranged classes already, kind of three if you count musketeers bullets, giving a ranged to a tank with a sword wouldn’t make sense in my opinion as it is a melee style class.

3 Likes

Sure, it’s a melee class. Does that mean that we should have no way to pull a mob?

As @Zachary_R suggested, “a horrible crappy crossbow” would be awesome if, for nothing else, than pulling mobs.

Heck, being able to throw a rock at a mob would be nice. Anything to pull mobs is really needed.

1 Like

Or maybe a knife throw? that would be pretty sweet.

4 Likes

Or how about something like that sword throw we used to have back in the Alpha… without the teleport.

I rather like the idea of Shield Lob, not just as a combat initiator but perhaps also give it some aggro generation to help with keeping wanderers off your healerteer and glassmage.

4 Likes

It would be cool to see combo points like in wow. every successful combo you get a point and you use points to fule finishing damage and defensive moves.

Both these ideas sound great. Maybe a boomerang type shield throw, and a points system kind of like the Ranger gets the “shot globes”.

I like the idea of a shield throw that slows your target.

Might help balance warriors a little more in PVP as well. I’m praying that one day Devs will figure out stun mechanics (i.e. our shield bash) in PVP. Maybe something similar to the vine aberration’s root spell can be used as a stun in PVP settings (roots in place, disables teleporting)

I would not mind the idea of shield bash slowing opponents by 80% in PVP either.

In terms of a combo point system, maybe implement some kind of minor Shield Regen after successfully performing X amount of combos.

Just throwing some ideas out there.

provoke globes like the ranger globes

do a certain amount in succession for some sort of bonus

I remember from another game (maybe LOTRO?) where there were defensive combos as well. Say if you had enough threat, you could do up down left right to restore some shield/hp, rather than needlessly spamming threat skills.

When I started warrior, I thought all the combos were area, since coming from Muskateer where everything (even the poison bullet) was aoe.

1 Like

See this thread. You actually don’t really need much more HP regeneration if you know how to manage your shield and are doing optimal damage while leveling.

Yes a ranged pull would be great.

The complexity of the warrior actually is found when tanking for groups in dungeons I think, as the warrior only really has 2 combos that people use regularly, wound and provoke. And those are both pretty simple.

Warriors have to avoid certain mobs like tigers, healers, poison mobs. Much like how musketeers should avoid healers due to their low DPS. And runemages and rangers usually avoid tigers due to how much damage they have on their overtuned charge attack and swipe attacks.

3 Likes

. . . just add a taunt feature. No need for rocks or anything. You taunt X creature by pressing Y button. You can pinpoint what creature to taunt and voila.

But the walk close enough to the mob trick also works… I don’t see the disadvantage here. Also the sword rush gives extra damage. When the mob is almost at you, you activate your sword rush to deal some damage before you start fighting.

Yeah but sometimes the mob will still be moving and you’ll get stuck inside of them

1 Like

In general, it works alright. The problem comes when there are multiple mobs would get pulled that way. I often see 2-3 mobs in a group such that if I walk close enough to get one, I would get all of them.

Usually, at that point, I go fight something else until the group breaks up, but it would be nice to just pull one of those out of the group.

1 Like

And with a group, you mean they are all at the same position? I could always get one to aggro towards me while the others won’t see me. Even if they are less than 1 meter apart. I just made baby steps :slight_smile:

Plenty of times when you are surrounded by targets and only need 1 specific one it means you then have to kill nearly everything in the area to kill the one target you actually want, as face-pulling the target you want would require running through 20 targets you don’t want. Meanwhile, the other three classes just point at the one they want and pull the trigger. Putting some sort of ranged pull, attack, or taunt onto the Left Trigger I feel would be a simple, immediate improvement for the class.

2 Likes

I don’t want the class to be “just like WoW” or anything, but I think there is no harm in taking some of the good points from that game because they just plain work well.

1. I love the idea of the shield actually taking damage, but right now the little shield can only take a couple hits before it is destroyed if you are fighting any harder mob for XP grinding. I’d much rather have something like dual wield.

2. The Cleave skill doesn’t make sense unless it pulls aggro. It seems there is no AOE aggro skill at the moment? Having cleave pull aggro makes a lot more sense to me for dungeons.

3. Again in WoW the taunt skill acts like a ranged skill so you can pull mobs. That seems like it’d be a simple solution. Taunt on one trigger, charge on the other.

To pull aggro on a group of enemies, you should use your horn on the entire group then put your shield up. Every hit on your shield will generate aggro on the enemies and they will keep hitting your shield. This keeps aggro on the entire group, enough so that your group can basically damage at will for the most part.

2 Likes