Wilds (Fishing, Gathering and Mob Drops for those)

Reading through comments I don’t think people who are into pvp, including devs, really understand those who simply hate it… I don’t only hate to be killed by “real” people on the other side of my screen (though I did try it in various games I flatout don’t like it; and yea if you do that to me while I am trying to farm I would avoid playing with you after, sorry) I also hate to kill others. Being a healer I am always thrilled if I can help, and well I love to build up a community, quest together, master dungeons, I never got bored encountering pve mobs since in actively developed games there is new content every now and then.

And no, I don’t find it a brilliant solution to be punished for that attitude with having to pay drams to those who play this style of game. I want to have a choice, in games I played so far that is to play arenas or choose a different server to start from, and I like the idea to not get exact same, but least equal stuff from pve content.

The problem of force-mixing players is confirmed, actually, by those posts who note some are p*ssed over being attacked (I read that in a pvp guild recruitment post) and others who note most don’t attack, well sure they don’t if every pve guy and girl is sent to farm out there and with players flooding in since the release their number will grow fast I guess.

Btw omg market stalls, I saw ruined potions offered in HS or potions which take me minutes to farm for 1000s drams. Now to get 2k drams took me around 50h playing time, now I’m at a point where I get blue gear to break up, still would need 40 such drops to get to this amount, to buy one single potion or two, so if that’s what it takes to get further with the pve content, or farm yourself in pvp areas, nah I guess I chose the wrong game then, after all.

And well, a guild which will protect pve people out there? I get some got endless time, but to be realistic, that would be incredibly boring, I don’t think regular raids, dungeons and your own farming would really allow that but I’m not 20 yet so I will just look how things develop.

Can’t wait to hit 20, being close 18 this will happen this weekend, the latest I hope, and first I will just run around in all the areas with my look-whos-level-20-face, buffing random people. Then in the wilds I will be with NO tradable stuff whatsoever on me. I won’t fight, just use all my healing thingies, lookin which *ssholes kill me anyways - it might take you a bit, I hope :smile: - and that will be fun perhaps, yea that is actually worth the drams for repairs :D. Thanks for the tipp with the guards also.

4 Likes

thats why i like games that have a pve server and a seperate pvp server but i do understand what the dev’s are going for here and although i detest pvp these days(used to really be into it when i was a kid but at 42 just have no time for that kinda play) i do like the idea of pvp helping promote marketable items as a brand spanking new market stall owner i look forward to farming and selling lol :slight_smile: if you ever see me in the wilds though no need to fear me i never attack first unless you’ve attacked me first in the past and frankly i never carry more than 10 of anything on me now before stopping back at my house and offloading before porting back… so if i am killed chances are they arent gonna get much… if i see someone attacking you i will come help though at least if your in game name is the same as on here… good luck

Slandaro

1 Like

This is a really old debate - everyone understands how much some people dislike pvp. I could equally hear UoH saying you do not understand how much they adore it. Downplaying the suggestion of merc or protective fellowships because you would find it boring seems obvious from your perspective, but I have been strongly considering doing this exact thing because I want to PvP but don’t want to take hate and ridicule I don’t deserve from people trying to demonize me like I am coming into their homes and eating their favourite candies out of the dish.

That really is the tone in some of these posts - that aggressive players in the wild are somehow reprehensible for attacking a stranger in the wilds. You will notice most pvpers are not accusing the other side of disliking it due to skill level, or calling anyone carebears, they just want to keep pvp in the game.

It feels a bit like this is a pot ready to boil over so let me just say I am not the “shoot first” type either in most scenarios. My suggestion is to wait and see how things shake out with more time - those threads being referenced about pvp guilds also have other guilds suggesting they hunt said pvpers. That sort of thing is just so much more exciting to many of us than just another fishing spot.

Lastly, would anyone else be interested in the idea of a merc guild that cruised around the wilds helping for donations? Sort of “tip us some fish if you like”. I got this idea because there is a high lvl player who I owe so much of my knowledge to, and all I can really offer them in recompense is my sword arm. I plan on offering up that protection when they fish out there.

1 Like

i personally didnt mean to disparage others for enjoying pvp i just think people who enjoy it deserve the choice to do so and those who do not also deserve that choice without sacrificing gearing up ect but since thats not the way this game works personally i just adapt and ill be one of the people who help people in pvp not attack without provocation… If the pvp system in the game truly bothered me i wouldnt play i think we just need to get a decent protector base going for those who would prefer not to. then the debate will probably settle a bit…

Slandy

1 Like

If you’re seriously offering then I will definitely take you up on that protection deal. I just got a stall and was already thinking of setting aside some protection dram for when I need to head to the wilds.

1 Like

This is very exciting. UoH has been really cool and inviting on their discord so I will run the idea by @Smithe and friends, but my guess is they will just be stoked for the idea of some good action in the Wilds. We will see how it shakes out, but the idea of a living economy with market stalls and fellowships and… Oooooweeee!!!

2 Likes

I said this but I don’t become a bandit if I attack someone who is already a bandit/killed me right?

“Bandit” status lasts a relatively short time. But yes, attacking bandits is consequence free.

FYI, players with red names in PVE areas, can be killed :wink:

OH REALLY! :crazy_face:
NICE!

bandit timer should last 10 minutes imo not 5 just getting back to where you were killed can take a minute or two and by that time they’ve moved another couple minutes away so the chances of catching back up to someone who killed and looted you is slim at best imo…

Slandaro

Also, house TP in the wilds is way OP. I can just scoot to the back of the zone or kite anyone following for the 5 minutes then portal out without a problem usually. Plus, you know, everyone can do the same as you’re approaching for a kill.

2 Likes

couldnt have pointed that out better myself seurimas frankly im not sure why TP is allowed in wilds since teleports are not… makes no sense.

UoH started as a merc guild. Our goal was to have each of our members be “rentable”. The problem was nobody needed protection… As more and more new people get into the game and hit 20, things will get more dangerous and trolly, just know you can count on us to protect if people need it. We love PvP but we don’t have to be the bad guy.

1 Like

I am pretty sure your threats of protection falling off immediately after payment was a deterrent.

1 Like

And well, a guild which will protect pve people out there? I get some got endless time, but to be realistic, that would be incredibly boring, I don’t think regular raids, dungeons and your own farming would really allow that but I’m not 20 yet so I will just look how things develop.

I suppose you haven’t played many PvP games because that is a really common thing. Tons of PvP oriented players are willing to take some time to protect others in dangerous areas in exchange of some kind of reward.
Farming mobs for hours and running dungeons sounds 10x more boring to me than going out to a PvP area and risk getting attacked by another group.

2 Likes

Nope I didn’t and I will definitely watch-out for such a group, but paying is a no-go I mean, really, then I can buy my stuff from the market in the first place. Also it would feel totally awkward for me to pay others to play a freakin’ game with me like hey I think you’re a douche but for money I gonna sacrifice my time, no way…

Now I even got a quest and to bring all these mobs down a group will likely be needed anyway. As for being boring, it depends, the way the area is designed I doubt there will be clashes of equal groups or players very often and the rest comes down to zero challenge or skill (a few examples in other thread).
For me a fight with players would be just an annoying disruption of the pve farming, I’d try to die quickly and change the area.
As for pve, that’s where people personally differ. I don’t mind some relaxed grinding for hours, because of the RNG loot it never gets boring, I still wait for certain loot which can drop or not. In Wow I remember farming some kind of horse with a 0.01% drop chance (or even lower than that).
You will likely bump your head against the wall reading this, but I patiently farmed that dungeon many hundred times, solo, until the magic happened and the mount dropped ;).

2 Likes

I dont play anything competitive. I play to relax and chill. I’m with you I dont play a game to have to pay someone to protect me while playing. If it ever gets that bad, then the game is no fun and Ill just move on.

Im here for the fun, not the competition. So far its not been an issue, hopefully it will stay that way.

1 Like

I don’t understand people who think the outdoor PVP should be fair! Outdoor PVP is never fair! If it was we would call it ‘battlegrounds’ or ‘arena’ and those who enjoy outdoor pvp would not be interested in it.
Outdoor PVP is always about ganking and accepting the risk of being killed while doing something PVE related. If you don’t want to participate then don’t go into the wilds (because in this game you are not forced to do so) and as Riley said: buy that material from those who took the risk of going there.

I’m saying this after being killed by UoH once while a whole aberration group was on us and in another case we had to hunt down those UoH members who killed one of us in 2vs1. I couldn’t stop ‘laughing’ for minutes when I read Smithe’s post about them being always fair and something like telling others to prepare for battle before attacking…

Really the only thing you can do is to accept the risk as a fact. It is a very good thing in this game that you are not forced to go into the wilds because you can buy the materials found only there from others. We at Rebels have already talked about this problem and decided that if anyone really needs something from the wilds they will be able to ask the others to defend him. It has never happened yet btw.

2 Likes

Sorry, the only thing I could think of on this post, is that it’s your guild that I’d need protection from. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes