Wilds (Fishing, Gathering and Mob Drops for those)

Does anyone want 3 tabs worth of random lures?

Really though, I’ll probably go on a marathon fishing run at some point.

Lol do you ever pick up a recent victim’s loot bag and think “well, may as well take up the mantel” and just start fishing in their place?

The thought has occurred to me, lol. Usually they had real loot I care enough about to not risk being a fisher.

You should drop loot when you’re a bandit regardless of where you are imo

1 Like

As long as the timer is still running I don’t feel you should really be “home free”

1 Like

Yes, I agree this is an oversight and will be corrected. If you are a Bandit and in a safe zone you should still drop loot when you are killed.

7 Likes

The timer being so short is kind of rediculous, and i would say the base time should be atleast 10 minutes. with it being just a couple u can run to the entrance, and be fine to leave by the time you get there. no time for there to be any real risk of being hunted, just either run to the entrance or wait for the cookie and your gone and there is nothing you can do about it. if you are just doing marathons between wilds in under 20 mins while killing people along the way, thats a bit absurd.

same the home teleporter should not work in the wilds as well, bandit or not. it allows you to just almost instantly teleport away the first second you see someone, and you cant do anything about it

many of these things will be changed in awhile(i think content patch 3 was the date pvp gets done) so i look forward to all the future changes!

1 Like

Same reason logging out in the wilds should leave a killable dummy (e.g. for 15 seconds to a minute). People logging out when they see me gets old. At least the cookie takes a few seconds.

The thought occurs to me that if guards were less of an issue, drops occurred in safe zones, and the cookie were nerfed, more time could be fun. Throwing that all together might look like this:

• Mix in the guard-safe bandit status to normal banditry. I’ll call normal bandit status “bandit” and guard-safe “outlaw”.
  • 10 minutes per kill, but 5 is “bandit” time and 5 is “outlaw” time. When bandit time runs out, outlaw time starts.
  • Can’t cookie while bandit or outlaw (as we are now).
  • Drop tradeables as bandit or outlaw (as was confirmed to be fixed).

Together, this means there’s more chance for bandit hunters to find the bandit, there’s incentive to the bandit to try to hoof it out after the initial timer, and the bandit isn’t stuck anywhere for unfun durations.

Also:

• “Peacekeeper” status. Gained when attacking bandits. Lasts until out of combat, but simply means you’re attackable until you leave combat. No item drops, just give bandits a chance to fight back or band together.

Also also:

• Not sure how it works, but no status should clear itself during combat, or else you might end up with peacekeepers stepping in then getting a kill on a normal status player, because the outlaw timer ran out during the fight.

Yeah, they definitely need to have a timer for everyone when you logout. It should take 10-15 seconds for anyone to log out of the wilds. If you see someone fishing or they are a bandit they can just immediately log out.

Bandits already have PvP enabled. Three proposed Peacekeeper status sounds like a redundancy

I’m referring to safe zone combat. Outside the wilds, you can’t attack someone chasing down bandits. Also, if killing a peacekeeper didn’t add time or only added outlaw time, that’d be cool too.

Yeah people being able to attack from complete safety does not sit well with me at all, bandit or not.

Not sure what you mean by peacekeeper mode. Only bandits should take pvp damage outside of the wilds.

Actually they should be able to defend themselves so peacekeepers taking damage from bandits sounds ok

Sorry for spam, but peacekeepers dropping their gear probably shouldn’t be a thing. Too many new players would rage if they lost everything.

On one hand, I think if you play stupid games you win stupid prizes, and shooting at a high level red character is a stupid game. On the other hand, not everyone will even do this intentionally, especially if the bandit decides to run to an area where people just won’t know what’s going on before they’re getting smoked. It’s a tough one!

IMO 5 minutes is lots of time for the bandit tag - if someone hasn’t gone after them in 5 minutes, that’s a LONG time already and they deserve to escape.

It’s not a long time if you inadvertently get the bandit tag and spawn at the jail.

ie

• someone dives in front of you when you have friendly fire on
    -you don’t know the mechanics so you hit a UoH player first and become a bandit
    -you unintentionally pick up the wrong bag

Pro tip: don’t swing first in the wilds or you’re gonna have a bad time.

Maybe make it a switch in the player menu. You have to activate “Peacekeeper mode” to be able to attack runaway bandits in safe zones. When you activate it you get a popup message warning the player that he might lose his gear if he gets killed.

Honestly I wouldn’t care much if peacekeepers don’t drop anything on death. What bothers me is that they get the first hit. If you’re a bandit and you see a bunch of players coming at you, you should be able to engage first and fire arrows or cast spells and not wait for them to hit you first. You’re already a murderer after all.
That’s why I think it should be something you willingly switch on, some kind of “pvp mode”.

You could even make it into a quest where you become a peacekeeper and earn your license to hunt bandits.

You can fight back against a Peacekeeper but if you kill them the bounty should be significantly higher. It’s essentially resisting arrest and homicide of a peace officer in VR form, so there should be ample punishment.

3 Likes