World PvP Feedback/Bugs

How is this effecting the PvE content drastically or even at all? Can you explain this to me?

Thatā€™s exactly why is it called risk vs reward. I could lose or gain, you canā€™t only consider the latter.

Yes, that is usually solved by making PvP gear separated marginly from PvE gear which would be totally fine.

Againā€¦ as a PvEr I do not want to be forced in to PvP to get the resources I need at an optimal rateā€¦ Itā€™s just barmy.

@Vassago potions and such give a massive boost in PvE contentā€¦ by doubling materials needed to craft those for PvPers you are essential giving PvPers a handicap in PvE whilst PvE oriented players are put at a disadvantage.

Then do NOT pvp. Weā€™ve been playing over an year without double resources without having huge PvE problems, you donā€™t need the extra.

Its not about me wanting to PvP or notā€¦ It is simply that if you are getting double resources because you are in to PvP and have it on 24/7 then you are essentially doubling the rate at which you get materials that are used in PvE content (yummy yummy pots etc).

I think thats itā€™s fair. Maybe it seems a tad excessive but it doesnā€™t take anything away from a PvE players experience. It only adds to PvP pkayers whoā€™s portion of the game was very much lacking before. No risk and more work. I wouldnā€™t expect to get paid less doing the same job in a more dangerous location.

1 Like

It seems like the solution is just to make sure PVE players have valuable resources as well. Then the economy sorts everything out, more or less.

1 Like

This would actually help PvEā€™ers as there would be more materials in the economy. More material in the economy and everyone having access to sell goods at the AH would lower the cost for mats and potions making it easier for everyone to raid.

interesting ideaā€¦ so make it so that PvE content can also drop an equal amount as PvP content. That is a sensible suggestion.

Hi folks, we mentioned at the very beginning of the note that this is done for testing purposes. We want to know if it works on a technical level, so this argument isnā€™t productive right now and is devolving badly.

Weā€™re fully aware that there are differing opinions in the community on how this should be handled, and those viewpoints have all been very adequately expressed already. So letā€™s move off the topic of the PvP harvesting bonus for now, and as we have said we will be most likely making a change to that in the future to balance it, at this point it is just an extra one every time because it makes it really easy to test to make sure it is working.

Please move on to reporting or giving feedback regarding all the other features or bugs with the World PvP systems.

3 Likes

Nice amount of salt in here, Main issuse is this will bring a ton more resources into the game reguardless if you die or not. I donā€™t see why none of you are looking at it from that part, Currently your arguing over how much PvP players should get without making it unfair however you do need too look at it from both views if PvP doesnā€™t get some good advantages it will be dead on arrival.
BUT then too big of an advantage will just turn off PvE heroā€™s from the game.

1 Like

Or, less pedantically, allow players to play a role in this roleplaying game, and give PVE content ways to shine in resource generation as well.

1 Like

Personally Iā€™ll rarely if ever turn pvp on because the guild Laughing Coffin will travel in packs killing anyone tagged pvp that isnā€™t with a massive group of players. Itā€™s not a matter of mechanics so much as community. Itā€™s not against the rules, but it feels like the bonus will only be going to a few players that want to monopolize the pvp market so to speak.

3 Likes

I guess last reply from me on the topicā€¦ If the game goes live with a double bonus on materials world wide for PvPers with no extra benefits from farming PvE content, my motivation for the game will drop considerably.

1 Like

just going to throw it out there that LC is not the only guild with a high number of PvP players, saying that only a small amount of the community wants to PvP based on a discussion with a total of around 6 people participating is jumping the gun a good bit

as far as the bonus goes, the main reason i am seeing for why people dont want that big of a buff to PvP is because they dont want to PvP, and also dont want to fall behind. While that can be a concern if it is balanced very far in one direction, PvE already has a built in mechanic to get extra resources as well, the level up box after lvl 30. PvE players will be constantly running content, getting boxes full of extra resources and items, which PvP players will be getting much less frequently.

4 Likes

Well this got vitriolic quick. I like that PvP is tied into the economy and availability of certain resources. I think the main concern that is causing so much conflict is that certain players will monopolize PvP mode. The guild Laughing Coffin has already stated their intent to do this, their goal to ā€œturn all names whiteā€. In a game with a larger player base this isnā€™t an issue, new groups will always pop up to fight, but in Orbus this could lead to things like when the wilds chest went largely uncontested by all but EK. I know I plan to have PvP on most of the time, but if the people Iā€™m playing with donā€™t and I am repeatedly getting ganked by a whole group from a PvP guild I will be forced to turn it off.

There isnā€™t much I can think of that can be done to prevent such a monopolization from the dev side. WoW has recently faced this problem with war mode becoming predominantly Horde, creating a vicious cycle where less and less Alliance participate because they are so outnumbered. Their solutions so far have been to up rewards for the outnumbered or offer quest rewards for engaging in world PvP. Perhaps something like this could be used to incentivize participation?

Beyond the monopoly issue, I think switching to PvP only nodes (instead of extra resources from normal nodes) is the best solution. This way players donā€™t feel like they are being rewarded differently for doing the same content depending on whether PvP is on or not, while still making resources much more available to PvPers without completely monopolizing a 2x output. (It is also important to remember with PvP on you can not teleport nearly as easily, which lowers gathering efficiency).

2 Likes

Makes sense but a 2x havest is still a lot, Honestly maybe giving that PvP Transmog Gear some higher stats then regular Gear would make it better, Bgā€™s would pop a ton more!

This is a good point. The devs did state that the 2x isnā€™t final, but I think the pvp exclusive nodes would kind of fill that 2x reward. Having pvp players fight over those resources instead of using up purely pve nodes would 1. free up pve nodes so pvpers and pveā€™ers wontā€™ feel slighted, 2. give pvpers an extra ā€˜activityā€™ or reason to fight, and 3. extend the amount of time pvpers are out in the world gathering and interacting with other flagged players.

1 Like