World PvP Feedback/Bugs

Or just separate armor set, separate rewards like every other MMO.

1 Like

I do like the notion of level 30 boxes as a counterweight to PVP node bonuses. I know Iā€™m not going to be grinding end game stuff in Reborn. I can barely stand PVE content.

The devs have been pretty clear that this is mostly for testing though, so Iā€™m not holding my breath and threatening to quit if itā€™s not a 100% boost.

5 Likes

I would like to see more Bonuses for PVP. Atm i cant get in any raid group or a do any shards because i like PVP and have killed alot of people, so iv been black listed from joining most guilds on raidsā€¦ i dont see how this is fair. So im forced to use Wilds gear. How is this going to be any different in Reborn?

Donā€™t forget that you also have the chance to kill someone in pvp and take all of their hard-earned materials as well. So you see:

Chance to get double loot from node - 100% currently
Chance to lose your stuff or get more stuff from someone else who also had 100% node doubling - x%

As long as your pvp k:d ratio is high, you should be able to more than double your individual loot.

If every pvp player picked up nodes and didnā€™t kill each other, youā€™d see pvp players have 2x materials over pve players with this method. Some might die to others, but you still have more pvp-earned mats than pve-earned on a person to person basis.

This skips over difficulties in gathering, though. PVP players have to contest with additional fights (other players) to harvest. Even if they win, the other player might not have dropped anything at all. In that same time, the entire area could have been cleared out by someone without the PVP flag.

I fully support double resources. It encourages pvp and commerce.

1 Like

I really donā€™t see the harm in getting extra harvestables if your taking the risk of losing it all. What would be the insensitive for people to turn on PvP in the open world then? I can assure you that a lvl 30ā€™s not going to turn it on for the xp boost. As of right now in the current game thereā€™s nothing worth doing pvp for and come reborn, whatā€™s going to make people want to q? Nothing, other then just to play thereā€™s nothing in it for PvP players. No PvP specific gear, no PvP specific items ect. So, needless to say Iā€™m all for extra harvestables. I feel it gives players more of a drive to play pvp.

1 Like

Personally, i love the idea of high reward for having pvp on. It makes sense. You are risking all tradables (mainly things you have collected) you have in your inventory to be lost for extra materials. The risk is only worth it if the reward is high enough. If the reward is say only 10% more, why do people even bother to turn their pvp on?
With all that said, this system could only work if there are enough player base to support it. If the player base is not high enough, I can literally look up the time where the least people are active and have almost no worry about being murdered while gathering with pvp on. This is what I have notice from playing in the wilds from time to time. When i needed something from the wilds, i would go incognito and pick the time where most of the player base is doing something else other than playing orbus to gather stuff in the wilds. I could do that because the player base is not high enough for me to worry about hunters in the wilds 27/7.
Take this however you like, but i do support higher rewards for pvp in reborn.

1 Like

Not sure if this counts in world pvp feedbackā€¦ BG just popped with myself and one other in a fight against 4 people. 2 v 4 was pretty seriously unfair.

Also, with no real ā€˜tutorialā€™ on what the battleground is, weā€™re left in a team of two not knowing what the hell to do or where we need to be going. Having a mission that sends you unprepared into a den of wolves who outnumber you is not a pleasant way to learn to pvp. Like, if thatā€™s how itā€™s supposed to go, I will never partake in it post release. Ever.

BGā€™s are broken for mage and ranger. Mages spells do not work when you release them. Rangers canā€™t do dmg either.

1 Like

Okay, I assume something is up with the heightmesh/navmesh on that.

I think I have that fixed, it will take effect for the next game you start.

Weā€™re working on getting all the tutorials in. And it shouldnā€™t pop with a 2v4 scenario. Iā€™ll try and figure out why that happened.

iirc in that game it popped, one of our other party members got kicked out of the queue and didnt get in. I spawned under the bg world, leaving just naru and one other.

There are a lot of invisible barriers in the battleground where spells wonā€™t go through.

1 Like

Just skipping in on this point on world PvP and the resources rewards, letā€™s face it, the test servers are full, but I do not think in this huge world thereā€™s gonna be much of a risk, at all, once the initial hype of the first two weeks after release is over. The player count needs to be 10 times up for that. There will be no ā€œfights for resourcesā€ there were never fights for resources so far, even in the very small wild areas, the one fight I saw, ever (and i visited the wilds daily for a long time), was around the trickster chest.

Also level 30s got nearly no risk against lower players they encounter, also even if you meet equal pvp players they might be interested in farming or running with the resources they got themselves, not fighting, but the main reason is simply the vastness of the areas vs. the number of pvp people running around there, in the same area, at the same time. Thereā€™s not gonna be any great ā€œriskā€ or no risk at all really, yes you might loose few resources, but rather once in a month than daily and if you choose times to farm properly, likely, not ever.

It is hard to meet anyone already in the wild at most times of the day, and these are really small areas compared with the reborn world!
Even if the player count goes up 2-4x or more, what everyone hopes, there wonā€™t be much of a ā€œriskā€ and if rewards are doubled with almost no risk of loosing anything, then itā€™s almost similar to the current wilds concept.
Pve players like me who favor farming will be forced to have pvp on cuz the rewards outnumber pve by so freakinā€™ much it feels like being ā€˜disabledā€™ if you have it off. And why should I play a game where I either be forced to pvp - just to farm for my pve resources! - or have half of my game progress disabled, like, on half speed, this is just silly, sorry.

some people do like pvp, some donā€™t. I personally think 10% extra xp and double harvestables is underpowered given the fact that someone can kill you and take all of your stuff.

1 Like

Everyone who argues this is missing the point. If you have pvp on, you can also kill someone else and take their stuff. Itā€™s not like youā€™re only getting 10% xp and double resources.

2 Likes

iā€™m sure there are a lot of bad players out there who are just dying all the time in order to get their 10% expā€¦ This mode is NOT for themā€¦ it is for the ppl who actually WANT to pvp.

1 Like

There are multiple considerations at play here.

• how to reward PvPers and/or encourage PvP.
  • balancing PvE choice of play reward against PvP choice of play whilst not forcing PvErs into PvP and visa versa.
  • how to not give unfair advantages in PvE to those who choose to engage in PvP.

A question for Riley and team; Is the intention to force all PvE oriented players in to PvP?

Seperately as a PvE player who wants to spend his time focusing on PvE content here are some further thoughts:

As it stands due to a double resource gathering rate of reward, if I want to competitively do PvE content, I will be forced to engage in open world PvP even though for the most part, I hate unorganized PvP. Being forced in to it will unintentionally kill off my motivation for endgame PvE content as with a double gain rate it will constantly feel like a ā€˜PvP 2 winā€™ game.

That said, from the perspective of a PvP player, I can understand how ā€˜not getting some benefit from PvPingā€™ would suckā€¦ But if it forces PvErs who hate open world PvP to engage, then you are simply alienating that entire ā€˜hardcore PvEā€™ audience simply put.

Right now there is another issue at playā€¦ PvPers are required to do PvE content to stay competitive in open world PvP. If you can break the dependency between the two then you can probably keep everyone happy.

2 Likes