World PvP Feedback/Bugs

That is an interesting point… The extrinsic motivation to continue PvPing through a title reward isn’t there if it is only temporarily attainable… There would have to be some other sort of reward to go with it to want to continue PvPing competitively after that I guess.

the reward for pvp should be pvp itself.

1 Like

Yoo, My boy? What…

so going by the same logic pve shouldnt get gear drops because the reward is the pve itself?

3 Likes

You see the thing is… psychological studies prove that to be motivated by something, you need extrinsic and intrinsic motivation. You mentioned the intrinsic motivation (the feeling of achievement and bloodthirst) but extrinsic motivation is I guess equivalent to the benefit of open world PvP like extra materials… If there is no extrinsic motivation to strive towards high/max rank, then there is no engaged competition.

Extrinsic in this case could also just be the kill itself, and the dropped loot.

If higher difficulty content in pve wasnt locked by needing more gear, i would totally be fine with that. The only reason we need better gear is because higher difficulty bosses are unkillable without better gear.

The could theoretically make all bosses require the same gear but have more difficult mechanics and that would be awesome. I would enjoy that far more than the current systems where i have to grind and get lucky before i can even attempt to do the more fun/difficult stuff.

If the kill itself rewards something gainable indeed. if you have already gained something, the kill probably would be worth nothing (extrinsically).

Dropped loot may also not mean much to lets say a purist PvPer… However that is not to say that intrinsic motivation would be decreased… Games like counterstrike thrived off pure instrinsic motivation for a long time ‘i beat you, and that increased my dopamine levels… mofo’. That is not to say that it wouldnt be possible in Orbus… But… You can see that the original counterstrike evolved in to providing custom skins (an extrinsic reward) to players etc… as did many other PvP based games.

Well, in a successful world PVP setup, this should be the primary reward, IMO. Honor ranks are nice and all, but big bag drops are definitely my biggest extrinsic motivator. Having both means people will probably make the most of WPVP, whatever they prefer.

What would fix Pvp interest in my mind would be increase havest and Exp rates by 10-20% depending on the commuity. Then make it so you rank much slower instead of just 1 week and you unlock parts of a PvP set as you rank up that makes you stonger in PvP.

If we sit here and say no to every PvP suggestion it’s going to be dead on arrival.

No one’s saying no to every suggestion. There’s been a lot of good discussion on a lot of PVP topics.

personally, i think titles should be seasonal… 4 months ish between resets. This is the way most games do pvp titles.

I really hope for PvP for more hardcore games. Of all the mmo, I really liked Lineage 2, I liked the WOW server pvp (I don’t think pvp will ruin the pve that I do) I have nothing against pve players, I just have more truth to the game and the relationship between players. (I’m not saying that pve is easy, pve can be more hardcore than pvp) (Sorry for my bad english)

Keep in mind high level players will have talents, and some of those are a huge buff in pvp (like affliction spread and the new level 30 mage talent that shoots 3 spells at once)

Fishing doesn’t give double fish with PvP enabled, is it intended?
Also i’m not sure why but the lure i had yesterday without durability is back at full durability today

see now that’s not going to work because if the only reward you get is only helpful to pvp, then no one will have pvp on in the first place, maybe if the armor is tradable and looks cool. there need to be cash incentive to to turn pvp on or else it would just be dead.