World PvP Feedback/Bugs

It’s already been said 100% is primarily for testing purposes. Fairness and balancing is definitely something the devs will consider when creating the final systems.

Wpvp is scaled… Lowbies can easily kill higher levels (I hate scaling)

do you hate it because you cant go around killing lowbies for fun? (i like the idea of scaling… it makes sense as a way to prevent ppl from doing that)

1 Like

Yeah I hope they add some risk/reward system based on PvP active players in area.

Their Lowbies most likely newer players that don’t really know mechinics their easy kills reguardless, I tend to leave players that ain’t worth honor anymore.
To me it just makes levelling feel worthless I stopped levelling once I found out it was scaled no point to level anymore.

Given the teleportation limits, it would reasonably take into account world PVP population as well. Otherwise, you’re undercounting the risks related to travel.

No point to level despite only dungeons being dynamically scaled (not counting endgame) with overworld having a mix of unmatched (not scaled) and matched (-4/+4) content? Just cause levels matter less so that more groups can fit together across various levels doesn’t mean there’s no point at all.
Granted, this is pvp thread, but I constantly have to address misinformation in the discord so I wanted to pitch in there.

You say that like it’s a bad thing. Hooray for scaling! I’ll likely still max a class or two, but I don’t feel obligated to grind before PVPing, which is great. This is also basically a must, given the centralized nature of the world now. Otherwise, yeah, no one would bother going out with PVP on before level 30.

The 10 vs 1 scenario, I doubt has ever came up in Orbus or if it has it is a one off. I assume you are exaggerating for the purpose of argument. I have seen 5 vs 1 more frequently. I enjoy it even when I am the underdog. It’s a good feeling when you can take out a full grp of 5 that was trying to kill you.

Bg scaling makes sense, But world PvP doesn’t. It’s meant to be highly competitive with the ability to put time in to level or grind gear to get an advantage.

i believe you mean ‘It’s meant to be a gank fest where i get to feel powerful by killing lowbies so much that they quit’

1 Like

Not everyone is a god like you.
76e288e95522d135f71d6b6bb0ebcbd7

lol, normally when that happens, you just die… but i suppose if you are the god of pvp in the game then you can actually beat ppl when they do that.

Do you even PvP? Never seen you in both games Red/Orange

not in this game i dont… i used to pvp in other games. i went into a bg once here… it was just as much of a disaster as open world normally is. it was 2v5 and we were being farmed at the graveyard by shiki and his premade.

And since there is no respawn timer on the bg, you would be revived one at a time and then get killed by 5 ppl before your teammates come back up. You also have absolutely no safe zone in your graveyard… so they can kill you before you even get your bearings.

There’s still an advantage, it’s just muted. I can understand the desire for an unscaled world, where level means everything, but it’s plainly unfun for the lower level player as a rule.

It’s something that can kind of work in certain contexts. I’ve played highly competitive RP-mandatory MUDs with unscaled PVP. There’s EVE Online, where starting conditions of the fights mean everything. Don’t forget WOW’s War Mode. But all of those have other things going for them that make it work: a moderating team with tools and reasons to prevent malicious, pointless ganking and a intensively skill-based combat system; systems for limiting risks to certain contexts and a wide range of exploration options; or just plain, boring being the biggest game ever.

But none of those describe Orbus. No dev (probably) wants to run around being the police force. The world is even more homogenous with PVE scaling than before. And Orbus isn’t that big.

Can stress this point, I’m not talkin outta the blue, been a VERY active wilds farmer until couple weeks ago, in reborn I got an alt with pvp on, always, on purpose, from the very start… yet even if I go for exploring the risk is minimized, you can run around for hours with no encounters. Especially in the ‘safe zone’ around HS I suppose everyone will turn it on, it would be dumb to level at least to like 5 without, because pvp is in fact ‘off’, except the bonuses! And yes, farming is superfast, double resources is worth alot with still not too many resources growing at a spot in the first place.

The suggestion to scale rewards after people on server is good in theory, but for EU players (and likely Australian) that would mean either getting up at 4am to catch the bonus or skip their dungeon evenings, extra to farm; it would favor those living in US timezones.

Well currently heavily Pvp oriented players don’t really need to level, As everything gets scaled out, Apart from talents in Wpvp as in Bg’s you unlock everything. I guess the orbus Devs want to crater to the causal players more.

Getting R12 in one week is really the only goal I have, After that I got a feeling ill quickly get bored of Reborn with nothing PvP oriented to aim for.

They already said that the titles dont stay past the week. you would have to keep it every week.

I’ll hit it once to say I got R12, Or server first. I don’t have much reason to hold/attempt to withhold it.

1 Like