X marks the spot in sewer

The point of a shadow is not to indicate the pour spot of a bucket. Shadows are environmental effects. But you can use the shadow of the buckets as a reference point for the pour spot.

Either way, if this is the type of direction the devs continue to take (appeasement to laziness/making everything easy mode) then it is probably a good thing that they have some competition coming soon.

You do realize that hard mode citidel is dropping soon. It seems to me the devs are raising the skill ceiling not lowering it.

It never occurred to me that adding quality of life indicators for the bucket drop locations could spell doom for all that is holy and challenging in orbus :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Yeah definitely not a fan of giant yellow Xs in the dungeon to mark the pour spot. Aesthetically ruins the look and immersion of the boss room. Its also a little silly that the Xs aren’t centered on the pour spot either.

1 Like

I never understood why people couldnt just look up at the ceiling to see where the buckets are hanging. Its really not that hard guys

2 Likes

Id say just remove them please. Id honestly rather nothing then the x

1 Like

I like it I think it’s good. Helps with sewers also it may help people with problems were they can’t look up all the time do to irl problems. It’s also inclusive for quest players. I feal like sometimes we fail to relize not everything is about you. And sometimes compromise is okay. But like mishka said somthing that matches the inviorment would look better

1 Like

I never had an issue with it being in there. In fact I actually suggested something of the matter a bit ago. However the implementation of the yellow X is a bit out of place and something that fits more in the environment would of been preferred

Having something there is great. The yellow X, though, is very jarring and out of place. Sewer grates, darker splotches on the ground, a drip coming down like Dovregubben, all of those would have worked but stayed in the theme.

3 Likes

Im on a quest 1 and i still would rather not have the exes there. However, if we do need something I would agree with Mishka and have something more fitting.

Yeah I agree having some sort of indicator is fine, like a sewer grate where the fluid drops would make sense.

Hey everyone, we’ve heard you and we’ll be changing the markers to something that looks more like water puddles.

Keep in mind this won’t be updated until the next client-side patch.

9 Likes

*cheers, You guys are doing an awesome job.

Not sure what Hardmode Citadel “raising skill ceiling” has to do with my point. My point is you already have a bucket drop location reference point with the shadows of the bucket in the sewers.

“Quality of life indicators” as you call it does not “spell doom” for orbus. I am all for them when they make sense and are not redundant. Implementing something like this indicates a direction that I do not like in orbus. And if this is the course orbus continues to take, I (personally) am glad that there will be competition soon due how it seems this game is going with implementing something like this.

totally agree, water stains/grates/drip on the ground would be a better way if the devs really wanted to appease whoever has complained about the sewers.

There are no shadows on quest

Right, that is why they implemented the white dot(on quest) to indicate the shadow. It is a black dot on pcvr but hardly noticeable since the shadow is already dark.

The white dot was also a mistake. They are fixing this witha blue splash zone

Yeah that is what someone else mentioned. But not sure how if it is indicating the shadow for quest users. But I guess if you are using a quest, unless someone tells you the white dot is suppose to be a shadow, it doesn’t look much like a shadow.

I don’t think there’s a reason to continue this argument, we’ve confirmed a fix is coming in the next update.
Thank you for the feedback.

6 Likes