A Piece Of Me Feels Cheated

I wonder if the bugs from OG plays a factor in why no OG content incorporation is planned for Reborn atm (as far as I know). If it was as buggy as have been made out to be, then surely they’d have to re-invent the wheel to get around those bugs. Hence why it was re-done into reborn as rejinx stated. Their vision of orbusvr just couldn’t happen in OG. Never going to feel like pre-born with how reborn is and how it functions, but I’m sure the devs would consider trying to incorporate some aspects of OG while giving it a reborn twist to it.

I havn’t played since the defend the realm event so my take on this might not be relevant.

I think it might be too early for a “Classic” Orbus. However I see no reason why the Wilds can’t exist in Reborn. I never cared for dragon pets or dragon pet racing. The collectible pets from the raids is about as far as I went with them. I think I need to play Reborn first before I make my decision. I’ll do that here in a couple days!

I would certainly chose Reborn if it I felt that I was always having fun, but there is a piece of reborn I feel is missing but I cant really tell what it is.
I wish I could play the old game, but at least we have something

1 Like

Literally every bug that was in OG is in Reborn still to this date. They didn’t fix anything.

2 Likes

Yes, I read the bug reports and that statement has some truth behind it. Just trying to make sense of things. (Which i can’t x3)

Reborn really could be great at its current state it’s just not. It’s missing WAY to much in my opinion.

Here’s some links to post of those who agree and word it well.

My personal favorite

3 Likes

So I like both preborn and this game. However I think this is kind of why people feel cheated. I remember hearing that the devs wanted to switch to a newer version of unity, one of the reasons for reborn, and that this would reduce the bugs.

Except, the main bugs: crashes, desyncs, stuck combat are still in the reborn game and still fairly common. Some like stuck combat are even worse, since the stuck combat button no longer fixes them quickly. Some bugs, like disappearing health bars in the raid, are even more common. I don’t remember ever having that issue in the old game.

Add weird design decisions, such as a worse tutorial than the old game’s introduction and having lore quests rep locked forcing people to play the mini-game/missions. I also think the old game’s story, while highly cliche, was better done than this one and it was nice that the main quest at that time started out with basic tasks and culminated in some pretty cool adventures.

Reborn is still a lot of fun, but it makes sense why these forums are always people being nostalgic.

3 Likes

um, no. They’ve fixed a lot of issues, just not some of the annoying ones like these:

and when it comes to those they have fixed a couple of the causes for crashes, I almost never crash anymore when playing on PC, but that varies from person to person(cough@Ewokcouch) and they’ve also fixed a couple causes for desyncs I very rarely desync anymore either, but that too varies from person to person.
They did push a fix for stuck combat a while back too, but it had to be reverted since it caused some other more severe issues.

3 Likes

There was a whole month I couldn’t even log in, I deleted and reinstalled both Orbus and Oculus app over and over until it worked. @Gundrakk had the same issue before and this was how he told me he fixed it. I don’t think he had as much trouble as me but still.

2 Likes

There is all sorts of bugs in both games that could get fixed on either side. Should’ve built off the OG rather than do Reborn. I’m sorry but if you want to sculpt a whole world from scratch it takes creativity, and as we can tell from the mobs and little details on the overworld they didn’t put many hours into artwork. @Riley_D said they only have (x) amount of artwork time if they want us to do finish the rest blah blah blah. Then duh create more time. Shift Focus. Maybe should have held off on the release instead of pushing it out so rushed and fast. Artwork needs some severe improvement on Reborn.

Where are the fields of purple flowers in lamavora?

Where is all the tall grass in the rainforest?

Did Patraeyl get a freakin lawn mower?

Where is all the little noises of nature and the world to help you get immersed?

Why Would you make all the mobs the EXACT same?

Where’s the desert?

Where’s Frosted Spit?

Where’s the Wilds?

The aberrations?

The MSQ was just far better in OG compared to reborn. There was an actual story and it was very interesting and I felt like a hero of Patraeyl and part of the war. Why was Reborns MAIN STORY QUEST flat and boring and just has no depth whatsoever.

What happened to the lizard people?

What happened to the snowy people?

What happened to the snakes, cactus people, wyverns, pyramid heads, manticores?

The burning forest?

I’d like to see a new hidden class like how Mage used to be.

Where is the Hotsprings and village on top of the mountain in lamavora?

I can keep going on and on.

2 Likes

IMO if they just added the trickster chest back in, and the old expert raid, and changed it so paladins cant run away when in combat so easily. That would be good enough for me, but I have come to the realization that they wont.

The last thing I can do here is ask my wall to do it, ill let you know how that goes.

2 Likes

I quite enjoyed the MSQ of reborn. Look man, you don’t like reborn that’s fine. But not a single one of these "reborn sucks"threads accomplish anything. Preborn was released as early access, and they were quite open about that fact. Of course there were going to be changes. You fell in love with an unfinished game that wasn’t the devs’ vision. They kept working on the game to fall more in line with how they wanted the game to be. There’s been a huge influx of newer players, and I don’t remember seeing a boom like this in early access. What they’re doing is working. You don’t have to like it, but telling the devs that they should have done XYZ when you’re not on the dev team and don’t know what their vision is , telling them they’re not creative after they created the first ever room scale vrmmorpg, just comes across as whining.

5 Likes

Let’s at least try to keep it civil ok? :3 No need to have every pre-born post derail into hatred

I don’t think calling all of the threads like this just “reborn sucks threads” is a smart or right thing, the people making them have a genuine grievance with reborn from things like “I didn’t pay for reborn I payed for old orbus” to “its just not as fun as old orbus.” Mofran put an apt description of it being that

it sums it up a lot

to try answer mofrans things

one of the reasons I guess for this would be so that it can be played on the quest and for the zones to be smaller so they take less processing to help with the crashing issues. the quest will crash if there are too many things on screen at once so say some one with a quest were to go to the purple flower field the game may not be playable.

2 Likes

Pre-born playes have fond memories of pre-born, certainly not the first time people miss the old days. Old-school runescape is a thing for that reason, people don’t like Runescape 3 and play the OG.

This is the same case, where players want OG. It isn’t unheard of to want either.

The analogy is flawed. The game in Preborn was Early Access. It’s more akin to buying a gold ring and the seller says “hey by the way, this ring isn’t going to be this ring for long. It’s going to change into something else soon. It’ll still be similar to a gold ring, but it may be a gold necklace or a silver ring, I’m not sure yet”, and then getting upset when it changes.

Preborn was not sold as a finished game. Things were going to change, it wasn’t hidden, and now people are upset that things changed. I understand feeling that the previous iteration of the game was better/more fun (I terribly miss the burning forest and Lucian plains), but saying you feel cheated because the devs did what they said they were going to do is not fair to the devs.

2 Likes

I agree 100% with op!!!

1 Like

I’m simply fighting for Reborn to be as great as it was meant to be. Right now it’s a half assed done game. The game right now is at its “cheapest” or “basic” state. It’s like they put in as little effort as they had to in order for it to sell and appeal to a majority.

2 Likes

Seriously? The first ever game of its kind, a revolutionary spell casting system, all done with what, 5 devs on a Kickstarter budget? This isn’t some AAA studio with millions of dollars and a crack team of dozens to put it all together. This is a guy who ran a successful free tabletop website that wanted to create a cool game and grabbed a couple of people to help him. Give them some credit instead of crapping all over their hard work.

4 Likes