Camping teleport kills

to defend the action to some extent… I accidentally have killed people zoning in as I saw someone at the teleport zone when I zoned it… kinda like a chain ‘oh shit’ reaction when entering the zone.

Its a mechanic that needs to be changed, not an exploit really. Riley will likely do something about that on Tuesday (I hope).

The forums have better PvP than the game lol

9 Likes

:rofl: sadly

This is, as far as I know, a legit strat.

You know you can just try to get to the teleport pillar before us, or just walk to the zone without teleporting since you have 5 mins anyway before the goblin spawns.
But why bothering? Let’s just shit on people for “exploiting” (decided by themselves since the devs NEVER said it was an exploit, just an interesting strategy which can feel unfair and will be decided if they want to make changes by tuesday) just because they are faster than you!

Lemme just stick this here

How To Handle Exploits

Do not post your findings of possible bugs/exploits on the discord. Send a PM to the Dev Team on the forums.

Do not ask opinions on if it is reportable or not. Send a PM to the Dev Team on the forums.

Do not shame anyone for finding exploits. Send a PM to the Dev Team on the forums.

Do not accuse anyone of using exploits. Send a PM to the Dev Team on the forums.

If you are made aware of a possible exploit and are not sure it has been reported yet, send a PM to the Dev Team on the forums.

The Dev Team has defined an exploit as discovering something that is clearly unintended and then taking advantage of it to gain something of value in the game.(1) At the end of the day it’s up to the Dev Team to determine what is or isn’t against the rules and the degree of punishment. It is ok for people to explore the bounds of the game and try to figure out clever ways around something, but it must be reported to the Dev Team as soon as you find it.

It is preferable that everyone err on the side of caution when dealing with exploits and report them immediately so they can be tracked and prioritized. It’s in everybody’s best interest that these issues be reported so that the game’s health is solid and everyone is on a level playing field.
(1) Exploiting the Game

2 Likes

I’m just annoyed that I’m stuck in place and have to watch them kill me. I’m even more annoyed when I get out of synk, and someone kills me while I restart the client. To be fair this is not a new problem :wink:
Not really related to the goblin, just more people taking note of it.

defs just needs mechanics changes. Its within the bounds of game mechanics so although extremely annoying… We will have to wait for a change to the mechanics. I would not blame any given individual for using it as part of their strategy until then to be honest.

im not trying to call people out on the forums, it is just a very serious issue that needs to be fixed
plus it is uncounterable because by the time my game loads in im already 1 hit until death
not only is this unfair, but often times it can prevent people from accessing fun PvP content, and will likely scare new players away

3 Likes

lol, sounds like they are living up to their name

All world pvp is unfair, it only gives them a slight disadvantage, and can be easily countered in many ways

I’m leaving this thread up in this case because it was clearly created to discuss the issue/mechanic of teleporting people getting killed, but I removed the reference to the Fellowship and I recommend we steer away from that. Clearly anybody is able to do it at this time, it doesn’t have to be aimed at somebody.

The only thing we’ve publicly said about it is that we were planning on looking at changing that “feature”/behavior, whatever you want to call it.

2 Likes

This really needs to get fixed. I’m not naming any names (you know who I’m talking about) but certain people actually split into groups and camp teleport stones so they can instantly kill people after they teleport. This is a problem because the person getting attacked can only see the blackness of the teleport and have no way to fight back other than to blindly move around and hope that they are able to live and have enough health to survive the fight (which still doesn’t happen because those who shall not be named send 2 people to each teleport). At least place the player in a safe zone until they move when they teleport. EX: You teleport and arrive at your location, but you are in a safe zone until you begin to move.

1 Like

You cant camp stones in the wilds…just saying

3 Likes

Yeah I miss the wilds too, but I’m not going to speak about it more here because I don’t want to derail the thread.

3 Likes

Ah that makes 8 now #WheresMyWilds

3 Likes

I thought spawn killing was griefing. Seriously not trying to be sarcastic.

2 Likes

I don’t know how it is for you, but I litterly can’t teleport or slide when portal loading in.
Some stones already are in safe zones, most are not.

If you spam the teleport button while your screen is black you can sometimes move around

The black screen is litterly just a square for me on the pimax, I can see around it quite fine. So I get the pleasure of watching my killer for those 5 sec it takes them to kill me. If I could move, I would :-p