Alpha Test 7 Feedback Thread

It was between the graveyard past Hulthine’s gate and Hulthine’s gate itself, but that area has no name for me yet. Lucian Wilds appearently?

Yup sure is it might not be on the compass yet, Nick (writer) is getting everything named in such a hurry its hard to keep up sometimes. It’s great to see all these empty spaces become actual areas with names and lore.

Just had our first hard server crash of the day. Should be fixed now!

My mage’s wand disappeared from my hand after I died, even if equip and is no longer usable. I also can not unequip it, unless I replace it with another weapon. It also displays me as level 1 when it is equipped. All other classes/weapons are functioning normally.

Not a bug but I found my first wand and it said the server was closed by the host and I lost it :frowning:

have you tried repairing your gear from the apprentice smith in town. If you hover over the weapon it will show durabillity.

You completed tinnys quest and then lost your wand? thats no good. can you still repeat the quest that gave you the wand or is tinny not saying anything now?

Didn’t realize the weapons disappeared with no durability. Let me go check, brb.

No, I just found one dropped from a spirit.

ohhh okay so that is actually just a temp icon we have in for the reagents in the game. They are used when you are a mage to cast a portal spell (to teleportation pillars) or to raise the dead with your resurrection spells.

If your looking for your wand head towards the waterfall called Leisa Falls, there is a cave which is home to a certian Witch of Mulbirth who is known to teach those interested the art of Runespeak and craft their wands for them

That was it, thanks!

The client crashed and returned with this error, “Unhandled exception at 0x77389DA1 (ntdll.dll) in vrclient.exe: 0xC0000374: A heap has been corrupted (parameters: 0x773BD8D0).”

Also, thank you for the directions!

Before you log back into the game on the lower left side of the launcher there is a Submit Output Log portion. Write in short description and then click send and then wait for it and log back in, and we greatly appreciate it.

I could be wrong, but it seems like the teleport marker when it reaches it’s maximum moves quicker than touch controls. I prefer touch controls but right now I feel teleportation is quicker.

I managed to climb up the hill leading to guardian Bart and it looks like a phantom is left up there for every person that has crashed all in one spot.

Game crashed after a few disconnects & high latency warnings appearing above my level bar when logging back in, game made a folder with crash.dmp, error.log and output_log.txt file, where should I upload those files?

I created a new character, went down the stairs from Guardian Bart, and went back up them, after that the game got very glitched. Is Guardian Bart’s area glitched right now?

Here’s the top of the error.log file, the rest is very long, so I won’t post it here.

Unity Player [version: Unity 5.6.2p2_a53d5f937d71]

mono.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module mono.dll at 0023:1011a7ba.

Error occurred at 2017-07-14_215938.
D:\Games\Other VR\OrbusVR Launcher-0.7\resources\app\client\vrclient.exe, run by -----.
20% memory in use.
0 MB physical memory [0 MB free].
0 MB paging file [0 MB free].
0 MB user address space [625 MB free].
Write to location 02000000 caused an access violation.

Context:
EDI: 0x01000000 ESI: 0x28dce640 EAX: 0x00040000
EBX: 0x00000001 ECX: 0x02000000 EDX: 0x00000000
EIP: 0x1011a7ba EBP: 0x0175ebe4 SegCs: 0x00000023
EFlags: 0x00210206 ESP: 0x0175ebc0 SegSs: 0x0000002b

Yeah just that part is really the part that matters, thanks.

And yeah something is definitely going on with Bart’s area right now.

Just did a soft reset to clear out some cruft in the starter zone, and also pull in some changes to fix the “Pet Treats” quest you can do to get more treats for your dragon.

The portal to the cave in the Lowland Woods near the spirits and red tails has disappeared and I cannot get it to come back.

There’s a new update that will be available shortly. In particular it:

• Fixes a few bugs related to the new voice chat system.
  • Reduces the lighting on mage spells to make them less graphically intensive.
  • Reduces the particle effects in the Jungle scene
  • Turns off several large terrain features to improve performance (you may notice some places in the horizon that previously had mountains…we’ll put this back in eventually but we’re trying to track down some performance issues right now).
  • Re-enables the time of day syncing to the server so it’s not permanently daytime

Hopefully this patch should alleviate some of the performance issues that have been happening when in Highsteppe around lots of other players, and in the training area near Guardian Bart.

EDIT: The patch is now available.