Alpha Test 7 Feedback Thread

I’ve just pushed out a patch on the server which should fix the bug where people were leaving behind copies of themselves when transitioning between zones. Thanks!

Found a bug where when you have a weather effect active and you transition to another zone while it’s lets say, in a thunder storm, the brightness and cloud effects don’t carry over the transition so it looks like it’s pouring rain in broad daylight.

Now anytime I transition to a new zone(but not through portals) I crash. Happend outside highstep, Happend as I enter the dungeon two times.

Been playing the game and having fun, got to level 3 so far, but my character “Dusk” appears to be bugged and is completely unable to see or interact with NPCs and players. I started a new character and the new one is able to see and interact with the starting tutorial guide normally. This leads me to believe something went wrong with my character.

I found the way to reliably trigger this missing fog bug,

If you use a runemage portal to leave any interior to any portal totem in the same zone as the structure, the fog will stop rendering until you enter a new zone, go up or down stairs, or cross a bridge. This bug can also effect some Jungle portals from the cook’s place in Highsteppe & the witches cave (As both interiors are in the same location, near the border with the jungle.) Though I have only seen it last a few seconds when teleporting into the jungle.

Am I the only one getting this error while the launcher is checking the files’ status?

ERROR: Error: connect ETIMEDOUT 162.244.62.199:443

Nope im getting it too… was hoping to start bright and early playing today but no luck! =[

I was running from some crabs out by the lake with the witch when they caught up and killed me. My game hung at this point and I exited out via the desktop window. I submitted my bug report, but when I loaded back into the game, I was stuck at “loading characters.” Resetting the game did not work, nor resetting SteamVR. Still stuck at loading characters.

I’m getting that same timeout issue this morning

Good morning!

Sorry for the trouble, I’m working on fixing the patch server now. Please stand by.

There’s a new launcher available that should fix the issues

https://orbusvrdownload.s3.amazonaws.com/Launcher-0.81.zip

Copy over your resources/app/client folder from your old launcher folder into the new one, and you shouldn’t have to re-download the whole game if you were already on the latest patch.

Sorry for the trouble.

Try using the “Return to Graveyard” option the next time you log into the game. Seems we still haven’t fully fixed that bug.

Hit me up on Discord if you’re around today Sour so we can try and track that down.

I am also getting the error message, and am unable to launch the game. Anybody know a workaround for this yet?

Download the new launcher: https://orbusvrdownload.s3.amazonaws.com/Launcher-0.81.zip

Just tried that. The launcher is now not checking my files. When it opens the progress bar stays firmly stuck on zero, and clicking the “launch game” button doesn’t do anything.

Sorry, how long ago did you download it? There was a bug in the version that I put out originally that should be fixed now. So try re-downloading it one more time. Sorry about that. It’s a little early and I haven’t fully woken up yet, haha.

Going to try restarting my machine. And also try running the launcher as Administrator in case that makes a difference.

I noticed that when i followed the old link for the older launcher from your website, i get a white page with some XML on it…

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> AccessDenied Access Denied 67DA6F577F1408EB L4moOtLmmSQ2xb/iQQnzN2gHNS3jzGT0+I9vbNoz/BE2LGsKP7vAPjWWZiCaSXBqiBqAiqpATDE=

I just tried downloading the new 0.8 launcher and it works for me right now…so I guess let me know.

using the new launcher, but getting the same issue I’m afraid