Alpha Test 7 Feedback Thread

The forum is stripping the tags from my reply… but it’s xml. See attached screen capture.

Okay, just to avoid confusion, I’m going to put out a 0.81 Launcher. One sec.

Ok. I’ve tried all of them so far…
:slight_smile:

https://orbusvrdownload.s3.amazonaws.com/Launcher-0.81.zip

Ok i will try this one. Hang on.

Ok this looks more hopeful. It’s at lease checking and downloading files now.
While your here. Does this launcher/game need to be uninstalled correctly, as there is no “uninstall” option for this in my pc control panel under programs?

Or are we safe to simply delete all the files if we want to re-install the game?

Yeah you can just delete the old folder, it doesn’t install anything system-wide or anything like that.

Ok so no registry changes we need to worry about then…

Right, nothing like that. Glad it’s working for you, if it’s correctly downloading files you should be good to go.

When we run the launcher, whereabouts is it downloading the updated game files to? Into the same folder the launcher is in?

Right, yeah. In a subdirectory of the launcher folder.

If you move over your resources/app/client folder from your previous 0.7 launcher to your 0.8 launcher, that might save you some time downloading files if you have a really slow connection. But if you’re already a good chunk of the way into the redownload I wouldn’t worry about it and just delete the old folder.

Right ok bud. Nah it’s ok, i’ve got a 230mb download speed, so it will be down in a few mins now. I will come back on here to confirm that the game launched ok after the download completed.

all downloaded now :slight_smile:

1 Like

The bridge by the first dungeon has no transition squares, even after restarting the game completely.

Newer launcher fixed the problem with starting the game. Thanks Riley!

Must say - been playing the ranger a lot (still on the quest for runemage - lmao, off to find a bit of tree! urgh, think i’m almost done tho).

Placement of the ranger items on the belt is spot-on!
Really easy to grab the arrow you need quickly and smoothly, don’t think i’ve had it miss a pick-up (even the blind ones). Had the occasional missed-nock for the arrows. but might be due to my placement, or sensor glitch, so hard to comment.

But the grabbies are great :smiley:

[Edit] Bow play in general feels really nice too - good job. It’s not killing my arms like a round of QuiVR does, lol.

1 Like

Been playing the Runemage and it’s a lot of fun! I occasionally get this glitch where I can no longer aim my spells and they just go in a predefined direction.

Additionally, some spells just seem unnecessarily difficult to cast, like arcane explosion or fireworks.

I agree with Trevor. Placement is very good now. Hopefully this is the right place to make some more suggestions but here goes…

Make the compass an item that you can put in your backpack if you want to. Unless im being stupid (it wouldn’t be the first time) The compass is always on your left and unlike other items i can’t seem to store it away. The reason i say this is because it’s quite bulky, and when i’m confident i’m not lost it would be nice to be able to pack it away in my pack and have a clearer field of vision.

Change the sword twinkling colour from purple/pink to white. Unless your sword is magically imbued or something, im thinking the sword would look sharper if that pinky twinkle was white. It would look more like light glinting off the blade and add to the impression it is actually sharp.

Change the sword shape up a bit. I know this sword is a starter sword, so i don’t expect it to look very cool yet but it looks thick and bent… more like a sort of wooden sword for kids or something. More swords of different (and perhaps more conventional shapes) and made a bit thinner (so the blades weren’t quite so thick) would add a bit more sense of sharpness. After all a sharp sword glinting in the daylight looks intimidating. A thick heavy wooden looking one does not. I appreciate the graphical style is more Zelda than Elder scrolls… but still it could be sharpened up a bit.

Will the Dragon and other pets get bigger and level up over time to become more dangerous? That would be very cool… you know to experience that moment when you walk into a town full of other players… and there is that guy there with a pet dragon that is now taller than he is! WOW!

When will we get mounts do you think? That is going to be a real game changer!

When will we get legs and arms do you think? I notice the placement of hands is now MUCH better compared to the rest of your body. Just a joining tube of cloth linking wrist to shoulder would be great… and of course some legs.

Not really a bug, because i’m sure you are aware of it. But selecting hair colour didn’t make any difference for me when creating a new character. The hair colour seemed linked to skin colour instead, meaning my hair was always grey.

The game could really do with more atomospheric music. Every now and then the bgm kicks in, and i am reminded my sound is still on although i almost forgot. Also background sounds in general need to be more numerous… eg birds tweeting, trees creaking in the wind, doors that creak when you open them, footsteps change sound depending on the surface your walking on. Waves crash against the rocks… At the moment the world feels kind of bland because it’s too silent. Although the weather effects and the sound of the wind has really helped. And you’ve got to have a funny little guy playing a lute in a bar somewhere!

Can you make it so that flights of stairs are traversable, instead of you just teleporting up or down when bumping into them?

It would be great if we could move things around in our houses… like slide chairs about the floor and at the table.
Also the ability to sit on chairs and benches would be really cool, especially when chatting with other players.

Idea’s for new in game items.
1.) I would love to see a telescope, for when you and friends need to plan your attack on an enemy camp.
2.) A Campfire and/or tent, that you can set up anywhere and spawn into. Portable home from home type thing.
3.) A Pot, so that you can make food on the campfire to feed your friends and pets food, and get you a buff.
4.) Musical instruments, so you can amuse friends and enhance the social aspects of the game.
5.) A stool you can unpack and sit on?
6.) A deck of cards, to play a mini game with your friends while waiting for others to join up… or perhaps to play in an inn for in game currency?
7.) A torch or lantern, to light the darkness. I know the torch exists already, but will we be able to craft them later?

Ok just my initial thoughts this morning. I’m sure many of them have already been mentioned.

Thanks.

Holy cow I am crashing a lot today. Every five minutes or so. It’s making the game near unplayable. I’m submitting logs for most of them.

By crash do you mean where it is going to the SteamVR thing and showing the “Loading…” thing then going unresponsive? If so I’m tyring to work on a fix for that now. It seems to happen mostly when you transition between zones.