Alpha Test Feedback Thread 5/5/17

I’m so jealous that you all are playing and I’m still stuck at work. I snuck home for about 30 minutes at lunch. I just wanted to say that the idea of having higher accuracy do more damage is kind of appealing.

Had you considered having higher accuracy casts increase the crit chance? Off the top of my head that seems neat.

In terms of seated person feedback, the place you’ve put the harvester is so great! I don’t know how that translates for standing folks but when seated it was super easy to reach.

So excited to play!

That seems like it might be a good compromise.

I’m not going to make any further changes to it during this test other than what I’ve already done because I don’t want to risk making it worse without having time to test it. But before the next test I will re-consider it and see if I want to make some larger changes. Off the top of my head tying some part of the damage or crit to accuracy seems wise, and then the other thing is I think identifying say 3-4 “core toolkit” spells like Lvl 1 Fireball, Frostbolt, Mana Shield, and Polymorph, and just making sure that those have a lot of leeway even above and beyond the others that way even if you’re just starting off hopefully you can at least get 3 or 4 spells to cast consistently seems good. Then we can let the rest of the spells and the higher-level ones be the ones you have to be really good to use.

1 Like

Okay well I’m going to be AFK for the next couple of hours grabbing some dinner and taking a break. Generally speaking things have been going incredibly well, we’ve had no major crashes, the server is handling everything quite nicely, and there’s been no bugs I’m aware of that have been causing people to not be able to play the game, which is all an improvement over last test.

I’ll be back around later to answer specific questions and of course if the server goes down completely I should be notified. Hope you’re all having fun!

Definitely wasn’t expecting any changes today.

Just sitting here trying to focus on work and failing :slight_smile:

Haha, I know, that was really more of a “general announcement” just so everyone knows :slight_smile:

Hope you have lots of fun time to play after work!

Would also help us to figure out the optimal shapes. Right now it’s just guess and check.

1 Like

Ooops, I think I was meant to post here instead of make a new one.

There is a glitch in one of the farm houses near the start. There is a mob inside the house, and the enemy can attack you through the wall, even though you cannot see it

Well, as it stands now, It is good for me. I was in game and after another 30-60 min of fireball practice I can get it off 50% or more now. Im back to having fun. Food break, then “late night at the office” for me

Glad to hear it! Hope you have a great night at the office. :slight_smile:

Mage spell-casting reliability:

80% +
Ice Lance
Fireball
Frostbolt
Fireworks
Mana Shield
Resurrection
Polymorph
Decurse
Affliction
Portal

50% +
Arcane Ray
Arcane Explosion

25% -
Pushback
Light

Also the Stone Golem boss in the dungeon bugs out if you leave the boss room, he gets stuck halfway walking back to his spawn point, only fix was to reset dungeon.

Going to do a quick soft-reset of the main two zones headed into the evening peak hours. Shouldn’t interrupt too much!

Imgur

Dungeon cleared. I was the only one that got loot, and I was neither able to open the loot bag, nor add it to my inventory.

Edit: Also, awesome run guys!

5 Likes

Taking a quick break from the action to post some findings!

Just ran and completed the dungeon with False, Wousa, KingPablo and Daipew. It was a blast and we didn’t run into issues of the past regarding the boss not resetting correctly. It took multiple tries but we prevailed.

Issues we did see though:
-Mobs would often get into a phantom/stuck state, where they appeared to be alive with full health bars but didn’t react to anything. This happened with a significant number of mobs in the dungeon.
-The final boss didn’t drop anything for most of the group, and dropped 1 item for 1 member of our group, but it was an unlabeled bag that he couldn’t put into his inventory. :frowning:
-This has happened before but a number of the trash mobs seem to start out inside walls, so all you can see is one or two, but you are really fighting 4.
-It’s possible this was user error, but myself and a couple others are nearly positive that sometimes the ghost post-teleport AE telegraph just wasn’t displaying.

Unrelated to the dungeon:
-The drop rate on gear from world mobs and dungeon trash seems to have been dramatically reduced. I was in a couple groups chain killing mobs and whereas in previous tests, there would be loot covering the ground, I would often not get a single drop for long stretches. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but without the drops being weighted to the class being played you can often get hosed and frustrated by the rare rng on top of the class rng.

-I also ran into the situation a few times where it wouldn’t let me open my menu, and it did seem associated with when the system thought I was still in combat (reduced movement, battle music playing, etc). The solution seemed to be to kill more stuff and then it would sometimes pop me back to normal.

-When I first logged in, I was logged in under the world and had to suicide back to the graveyard to start playing.

-I previously mentioned I had some windows 10 crashes, but a full driver clean followed by a re-install fixed it. Looks like it was on my side, sorry for the report.

-There seems to be a spider that can spawn right at the teleport-in location in Green Lady Forest now, which can result in quick unfortunate deaths.

2 Likes

Okay so I finally realized this is the problem. The Menu button doesn’t work if you’re in combat but the swipe gesture does. So if you’re stuck in combat use the swipe gesture to open the menu and you can fix it.

Are you a Musketeer by any chance? They seem to be the ones still having stuck in combat issues. Something to do with their turret.

Well that’s lame. Did you get a drop from both bosses?

1 Like

One of us got loot from the mini-boss. I think that Wousa said it was shoulders of the plains. The rest of us got nothing from him.

Yeah you’re only guaranteed one drop per boss kill per group. Everyone still gets a base chance to get something so it’s possible to get multiple items but you always get at least one per kill per group now. So that part seems to be working. Not sure why you couldn’t collect the loot off the last boss though…

I also noticed that the bag was different than the others… more plump. I’m guessing that’s intended too? Bag is seen in the picture above. Also, unlike other bags, there was no tooltip over the bag when I picked it up to show what was inside.

I just finished the mini boss and had a loot bag drop but nothing was inside of it.

Hmmm must be something’s my in the loot table it doesn’t like. I’ll take a look at that soon.

1 Like