Alpha Test Feedback Thread 5/5/17

Yeah that’s pretty much what I’m leaning toward. There’s still a base level of accuracy we have to require though or, as I said, we’ll just be getting random spells which can be just as bad.

1 Like

Tieing the result of a spell to the precision of drawing the runes makes total sense to me. Thats the way craftmanship works for most stuff, so sounds absolutely plausible to adopt this into VR. Great idea.

Was able to play for a bit, found a neat bug:

Activating the runemage ultimate when you already have a spell loaded on your wand (at least with fireball) results in the VFX for both persisting on your wand. It’s kinda cool looking, but makes it impossible to tell if you have a new spell loaded correctly (though it does let you cast other spells). Dying and re-activating your ultimate doesn’t make it go away. I did not see if it would continue to stack or not.

I ran into the windows crash again so I am nuking all my graphics drivers and re-installing.

Hmmm…I don’t see anything particularly troubling about that output log. It’s really weird you’re having so many issues with it, though. If there’s anything you start noticing that you can consistently get it to do (e.g. if I do Steps 1, 2, 3 then my shield won’t work in my hand anymore) then please let me know. Hopefully someone else is having the same issue and might chime in…

Cool, this is super useful information, thanks. If anyone else has a similar list they’d like to share that would be great.

1 Like

Okey so I think I am stuck in combat that is what is happening. But I also can’t go to the menu when this happens. So…

Currently still not able to open the menu.

Being stuck in combat shouldn’t affect the menu being able to open. That said, the menu won’t open if it’s already open anymore…is it possible you left it open somehow? If you press the Menu button on the controller it should re-open it no matter what even if the swipe gesture doesn’t work.

Someone else on Discord mentioned that if they don’t put their Sword away then get it back out again between fights it sometimes stops working for them. Very strange.

I think it is a connection issue (on my end probably?) Sometimes it all works smooth. Sometimes the sword doesn’t register. The last 30ish min has been stable for the shield. It works as intended. The sword will often go from perfect detection to not doing any damage. Yes the shield is out of the way.

Sure, even if the shield is in the way you would still be getting the ‘blocked’ sound effect and visual effect so you would know it’s working.

Okay well I’m planning to make some changes to the way the Warrior works before the next test, I’ll see if I can track down the issue.

1 Like

The only thing I always use is the menu button. So…

No problem. I’m also not saying that there’s an issue with the spells I’m under 25% on. Those are the spells I’ve practiced the least. The only one I’d like to use and just can’t seem to figure out is affliction.

In addition to that the teleport runes seem all kinds of crazy. There are a couple different teleport locations that are more reliably cast with completely different runes. The party I was with (@Luvstosmooch @Zardulu And @Logan) have all been practicing the teleport areas we found and can all confirm the increased success with completely unrelated runes.

If you want to discuss the particular runes we can. I just don’t want to post them here to prevent spoiling anything.

I can get pretty much all the spells 50-75% of the time, give or take. My major problem seems to be with teleporting. I’m still having the same issue as last test. When I try to port to sideways hourglass I go to H. When I try to port to H I go to sideways hourglass. highsteppe always works.

Yeah I’m thinking maybe we got the destinations on those turned around.

I probably just need to re-do those runes and make sure they’re inputted correctly.

That’s actually one of my better ones, surprisingly. I think the key is making sure your “diamond” on top is the same size as the “gap” that the two legs at the bottom make.

2 Likes

80% +
Fireball
Frostbolt
Fireworks
Mana Shield
Pushback (just recently)
Affliction
Decurse

50% +
Polymorph
Resurrection
Ice lance
Portal

25% -
Arcane ray
Arcane explosion
Light

I agree with Damage that every single spell was a complete struggle at the beginning. Your change to the strictness only really had a difference on my 50%+ spells. I feel like I was casting the others at the top really well right before the change as well. I’ve only managed to get arcane explosion to work once and ray a handful, but I haven’t spent near as much time figuring them out. I am doing the runes very differently from when I was first starting I believe. I also love the high skill ceiling but maybe because it is benefiting me :confused: ton of fun whipping around spells

3 Likes

I found it awesome that runecasting is so difficult. I’m atrocious, but love that my friends are great at it. I’m not upset that I can’t do it, I’m just not coordinated enough haha.

1 Like

ok I seem to have a bit of a problem. I just tried to log back in and it puts me in game but there are no people no creature no quest giver not even a target dummy. I relogged and same thing.
I left myself ingame if you want to try to locate me.
my spells seem to blow up in front of me instead of traveling

What happens when you do the Back to Graveyard thing?

1 Like

That fixed it. Thanks. Now I feel stupid for not trying that lol.
Back to gaming :slight_smile:

Did it take you to like a different zone?