Alpha Test Feedback Thread: Closed Alpha 3

I’ve had the same issue as Scott_M. Pretty sure it happens if you log out of the game while in an instanced area. Had similar issue when logging out of the game while in my house; logged back in and I was in an empty world outside the house model, at roughly the same distance as seen in Scott_M’s pic.

But you were able to do the Return to Graveyard to fix it?

Yeah, return to graveyard works.

The most frustrating issue for me so far this test has been losing voip with people. Seems to happen when entering a zone… I won’t be able to hear someone, but other people can. Or I can hear someone and others can’t hear him. Re-zoning tends to fix it but it’s a time-consuming solution. If we’re partied, we can always still communicate via the compass. Any advice on how to avoid this, or have a faster fix than return to graveyard?

If you just get out of range of them (like > 100m away) then come back it should fix it. I’m not totally sure what’s causing this yet, but it seems like a new issue so hopefully i can track it down.

1 Like

I was in the arena a while ago, and had an issue with ALL of my healing spells healing any enemy near me in the PVP arena. Ended up running around the arena trying to not get killed by a warriror that I healed. was that fixed when the turrets were fixed?

(I haven’t been able to get into the arena due to very few people in the queue since then)

Yes, previously if you were a bandit you were able to heal other bandits. Now you can only heal other bandits if you are in their group, which is how it should have worked. So that should make it to where when you’re in the arena, your healing spells only heal yourself :slight_smile:

@Riley_D Great! it was … odd finding out that healing myself would also heal my enemy as well.

I have encountered another bug a few times today, if you get too close to the water around a number of the lakes, you can just get stuck. The only way out is the ‘Back to Graveyard’ button. The areas that I have gotten stuck are

On the path north of the bridge to the north of the dungeon.
North of the bridge by the guard that tells you not to go into the wilds.

In both cases, If you are too close to the water teleporting & trackpad movement stop working. The only way out is ‘Back to Graveyard’, or getting yourself killed by nearby monsters.

In previous Alphas, and Stress tests, the glitch also appeared at the first lake that was accessible to players. I haven’t gone there in a while, so I’m not sure if that lake has the glitch still.

Also there are a few movement glitches on the bridge to the north of the Dungeon, and near the edges of the streets in the Guild City, where it appears you should be able to walk, but the teleport grid doesn’t appear. In the guild city, it appears to be caused by overhanging parts of buildings, not sure why the grid is so far away from the railings on the bridge. I didn’t get really stuck in either of those locations, but it was annoying trying to figure out why trackpad movement would suddenly stop working so often.

Exactly the same issue, I was killing level 4 frogdogs (or whatever they are called) and lvl 5 critters next to the lake close to the starting location, and I kept not being able to teleport or move by any means.

Did you just slide/teleport over there or was this after using Sword Rush?

For some reason the stalactite boss is only staying down for one hit of damage after a stalactite drop then immediately getting back up. Also dang. Mage super is stuck on my wand :stuck_out_tongue: I knew to avoid the situation and didn’t

Crashed twice entering the House Zone, Crashed a couple times during battle, last crash I rebooted My computer Windows updated and I can no longer play (Headset doesnt respond anymore). Trying to uninstall updates but they seem to reinstall.

What specific steps are causing it to happen for you?

Yeah I saw that happen once or twice when we fought it, but it seemed like it was working most of the time…

Crashed as in the whole game crashed and the Unity crash reporter came up?

Sorry VRServer.exe isnt responding (in the Stream window)

I have 4 .dmp files from that time period

Hmm yeah not sure, sorry :frowning: Let me know if it’s still crashing for you after you get your SteamVR working again.

If you want to send me the output_logs that are in the crash folders I’ll take a look at them.

I used teleport, and it happened with both warrior and mage (which didnt use sword rush).

The super sticking always happens when you don’t immediately use the super and do something else. In this instance I moved around.

And yeah we reset the boss and it worked

Edit: unclear usage of English

So if you just activate the super, then teleport, then fire the super, it gets stuck?

1 Like