Alpha Test Feedback Thread: Closed Alpha 3

Yeah I realize I typed my response up very confusingly. If you activate the super but don’t fire it off and do something like move around or take too long to fire it- the super mode will end with the spell still on the tip of your wand. So you will be stuck with all the pretty lights but unable to fire the super from then on. It will remain until you relog- rezoning, switching weapons, and dying didn’t help to get rid of it.

It happens on Slide/Teleport. It appears that the moment you get near the water, all movement stops working. I should have tried the warrior ability to move to an enemy the second time. There were no enemies nearby on the path across the bridge by the dungeon.

i think this is more of a terrain problem than a glitch, you can sometimes travel down the banks of hills but then not traverse back up them. On youre earlier question about guild city you were getting stuck on the colliders around the buildings, I need to get in there and do some more work to get it all working better. When you activate your teleport it shows all available space, but the colliders surronding the buildings are sticking out to far preventing you from going near them.

When I log in there is no one around and when I try to cast a spell and fire it it blows up immediately. Anybody else having this issue?

Did you try to respawn at graveyard?

no let me try that…

Had the same problem, respawn and it will fix it. I was also unable to enter my house and stuff at the time.

I noticed on the elite pigmen, when they use their big attack, I teleport out of the way and still get hit. I noticed the warrior I was with would sometimes not move in time and not take damage. Not sure what’s going on there.

The reason that I think that it’s a glitch is because in previous tests, you could use the warrior sword throw ability to move up the slope to normal terrain where you should be able to teleport normally, but the grid still wouldn’t appear. During the stress tests, it was easiest to use the sword to get away from the water, log off & back on. It doesn’t happen often, unless you go fishing & get very close to the water. It appears to happen mostly when you get right next to the water, if you’re on the side of the hill more than a foot away from the water, you don’t get stuck.

The last time that I actually encountered this problem was back in the stress tests, since then, I like to stay a few feet away from the water, and usually fish from areas where the shore is more of a cliff, rather than a beach with a shallow slope into the water…

It’s possible that the part about the grid not appearing when you get away from the water has been fixed, as I used the sword throw ability to cross the water that was between the Guild City & the graveyard island (Now that big building/guild hall) during the first Alpha, and actually ended up under the water for a short time at that point. The grid worked properly upon getting back on land.

Yeah I mean it’s definitely a problem either way that we need to fix, haha. Obviously you should not be able to slide or teleport to a location then get stuck there :slight_smile:

I just pushed out a soft reset with a couple of fixes:

• The Runemage runes for starting the Portal ritual and the Resurrection ritual have been re-done. Now you make the center symbol much larger when casting them, and they are more reliable. So basically just enlarge the middle part.

Revised Resurrection Ritual: https://gfycat.com/GroundedPeriodicAlleycat

Revised Portal Ritual: https://gfycat.com/EvergreenCarefulGreatargus

• The Runemage runes for the 2nd and 3rd destinations have been re-recorded and should now be much more reliable.

• You will now resurrect at the graveyard closest to where you die. Right now only the Plains zone has a second graveyard near the burning forest, but we’ll add an additional graveyard to the starter zone as well for the next test.

1 Like

So I’ve been plagued with a few random issues today. First is a shudder that i get completely related to SteamVR if i hit the menu then open my desktop, steam, or advanced settings. from there out I get shudder. I attempted this both With and Without supersampling it was a constant problem. I would have to exit steamvr then open it back up and get back in orbus as long as i didnt go to steamvr inside of headset i was good.

Next problem i have occurred was from engaging a fight using the rush attack. if its a short monster i would be standing on top of it making it rather difficult to hit them. I found myself constantly teleporting backwards to get the correct distance.

I have no complaints about the warrior combo attacks it seems to work pretty dang good! you really nailed it with the warrior setup.

I had been using launcher .3 and i finally got the socket error. when i logged back in using launcher .3 it then loaded about 75% of everything but wouldn’t continue loading. i could talk to them in party using the compass. After that i used .2 and everything loaded in correctly and quickly!
All was fine from there till all of a sudden on player disappeared in the middle of combat and the other was still with me. but all of a sudden it said i was no longer in group. He said it still showed i was in party. he tried inviting me again nothing worked. so from here it was late enough I just logged off to go to bed. we tried a couple of things but couldn’t get it to work out.

More testing tomorrow. I’m going to download the steamvr beta tomorrow see if this solves the other issues.

There shouldn’t really be any difference between Launcher 0.2 and Launcher 0.3 using the “Default” connection option. So that might have just been weird luck.

Good to know re: the Rush Attack, that’s something we’ll continue tuning.

Let me know if the SteamVR beta helps with that juddering issue.

1 Like

The portal and resurrection are working a lot better after the soft reset. The affliction spell needs work. It is very inconsistent. I can draw a round O and it works sometimes. I draw the rune almost perfectly and it doesn’t work. A lot of times even if you trace it perfectly it doesn’t work. Anyone else experiencing those problems?

I don’t have a big problem with Affliction, personally. I have a much harder time with Fireworks, and at least one of the portals is much tougher for me now after the change.

Most people have one or two spells that give them trouble, but I don’t think any of the spells are “broken,” so to speak. It’s not a democracy, but I would vote to keep things as they are for a while. The hardest thing is to adapt to a constantly moving target.

I noticed Affliction seemed much more reliable when I switched from 2 separate strokes to 1 single stroke. I think the pattern recognition on it is heavily reliant on the point at the peak being fully joined together. Once I switched to 1 stroke and focused on matching the proportions I went from about 10% accuracy to about 80% accuracy.

Musketeer ords being stuck and wont generate back, e.g. by mistake you loading wrong orb and not shooting it away then load in another orb instead, the first one will be stuck and wont generate back and the fix to that you have to put them manualy back and forth in the inventory.

2 Likes

Water and portals render infront of the runemage’s trail.

Also making a single stroke with the runemage for longer then 5 seconds makes the whole stroke dissapear until you stop the stroke. Then it appears again. This seems to happen when the stroke is suppose to erase part of the trail that is too far in the past. But instead, it is making everything invisible :confused:

Good to know, I hadn’t known about that one.

Again, good to know! Thanks!

Ooooo I found a good one. I can infinitely propagate the size of the crafting items by grabbing them from one hand to the other over and over. Then by clicking trigger you can shoot an even bigger one off your hands over and over. I’m posting the output log and a gif.

Made one as big as the house but couldn’t get a good shot.