The Bard is getting a lot of changes in this beta, so please let us know what you think about it!
The Bard has received a significant rework of its base mechanics.
The Bard’s marimba now has 7 notes instead of 5.
Existing note patterns for instruments have all been re-worked to offer more variety and utilize all 7 notes.
The music which played while the Bard was in combat has been removed in favor of just hearing the notes from the marimba itself.
To de-activate an activated instrument, now you swipe your mallet down through the orb, rather than tapping it. Tapping it will only activate an empowered (crescendo-ready) instrument.
Collision detection of playing notes has been re-worked to provide much better detection.
Instrument of Cure Wounds has been implemented, providing a passive boon to nearby allies which increases their incoming healing from all sources, and a crescendo which greatly heals one nearby ally.
The Bard’s Super Ability, Inspiration has been added. After activating the Super, the Bard will buff all nearby allies with Inspiration, which boosts damage done by 20% and healing received by 20%, for 12 seconds. Those buffed will also receive a debuff which persists through death for 5 minutes which will not allow them to receive the buff again until it expires.
The Bard’s talents have been added:
- Acoustic Power: Increases the range of your smart heals by 10 meters.
- Reverberate: Increases the range of your passive beneficial effects by 5 meters.
- Song Shield: Your smart heals grant a small Temporary Shield to the affected target.
- Encouraging Note: Any ally affected by a pulse effect from your instruments deals 5% increased damage.
- Solo: Increases the healing of your own healing effects by 20%.
- Chorus: Your Instrument of Cure Wounds increases healing done from all sources by an additional 5% (10% total).
- Upbeat: Notes from your songs will play 10% more quickly.
- Sheet Music: Once every 10 seconds, you will receive credit for a note that you missed.
- Encore: Gives a chance for notes to become empowered, greatly increasing the charge of their crescendo when played.
- Symphony: You can activate an additional instrument, but the notes play at the same time as your existing instruments.