Beta 6 Dungeons Feedback

I did a dungeon today and I died the last 10 seconds of the 2nd boss. I did not get XP or a reward cache with gear. Sads :frowning:

1 Like

I died on the first boss in crypt and I got a chest with dram in it but no dungeon shard. I was level 30 and no other shard in my inventory so I should have gotten one.

Crypt is a level 10 dungeon, why would it give shards?

“Once you hit Level 30, if you run a normal dungeon and don’t already have a shard in your inventory, a random Level 1 shard with a minor mutation keyed to a random dungeon will be generated for you when you kill a boss.”

@Xicor It doesn’t say do a lvl 20 dungeon to get one (which would also not make sense). :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

i mean maeo normal didnt give you shards. neither did rainforest normal. i dont see how this would be different. It doesnt really make sense for a dungeon that , if you did as a lvl 30 group, would be a complete joke because you out level the content by 4 levels.

And yes, i dont think lvl 20 dungeons should give you shards either (for the same reason)

Once upon a time Maeo’s Sanctum was a level 8 dungeon because that was the actual recommended level to complete, and a 20 used to be able to solo it fairly easily. With Defend the Realm, it and the other “certain level dungeons” got dynamically scaled so that all could play together and pull relatively equal weight, but not so simple to solo.
As I understand it, all of the Reborn dungeons minus end game are dynamically scaled and are referred to as “level 10” or “level 20” regarding expected class skill at that point, not actual level. While level 1s who know what they’re doing would likely be fine, level 1s on their first day likely would not.
Matched content so that we’re away from the poor level 8 back in the day asking for a week for a group until a 20 cake walked the player through it.
So with the “level 10 or level 20” dungeon completed as a level 30, we interpreted the post to indicate a shard would be received, which will be strictly level 30 content we can’t take level 5s on.

2 Likes

You should get a shard drop from any boss in a base dungeon as long as you yourself are Level 30. If that didn’t happen it’s a bug so let me know.

However, if you died during the boss fight that’s probably the same bug that isn’t giving you loot or XP if you are dead when the fight ends, which I am working on fixing this morning first thing.

3 Likes

From here on out on fresh dungeon runs, you should correctly receive XP, dungeon cache rewards, get shards, and get boss drops even if you die before the boss is killed. Thanks!

6 Likes

Guaranteed rolls on shard dungeons give dram, is the shard gear in game yet?
The aggressive mutation was removed in orbus because it was messing with the shield rotation but now it’s back in reborn, is it intended?

Our group just got dram for our guaranteed roll as well.

1 Like

Also got dram for guaranteed roll

yea we did 5 shards and got no drops only dram and pots, and only dram for guranteeds

Were you getting gear to drop off the normal shard dungeon boss drop and just not the guaranteed roll? Or you haven’t seen any shard gear drop at all?

We have done 3 shard ones, 1 shard two, and a shard 3. No one has received any loot from the boss or roll from any shards.

havent seen anything at all

Okay, I am taking a look at it now. Sorry about that.

Also, you’re already doing Shard 3?! I may need to increase the difficulty on those haha.

I mean we are all veteran players who cleared expert raid, i wasn’t surprised we cleared it already.

Yeah I suppose that’s true. Still, considering you don’t have any Shard 1 or 2 loot, I would be a little concerned if you could do Shard 3+ if that makes sense.

I believe I have the loot fixed for fresh runs from here on out. If you logout and tell me your character’s name I can reset your guaranteed roll prompt, but it will reset on its own in about 20 minutes anyway.

Also I haven’t really gotten any general feedback on the new dungeon bosses in terms of their mechanics…fun, not fun, hard, easy, etc.

And then if you start encountering the new shard mutations let me know how you’re finding those. And how you’re finding the shard dungeons challenge-wise in general. Some of them have increased mechanical difficulty tuning in addition to the normal health and damage scaling and mutations.

It’s been tuned down significantly and most boss mechanics now are on timers instead of “number of attacks” so I think it should be good to go now.