Beta 6 Ranger Feedback

Targets are double size with the left talent, i definitely had less accuracy from that range but nothing waaaaay harder like the devs probably expected, the double size helps a lot with that.
And consider i’ve always played rapidity, a precision ranger can do better than i did on my test.

i’ll take your word for it then (not likely i’ll get to 30 by the end of weekend). i’m pretty good at hitting the targets at 20m. This is of course all depending on how the bosses are implemented in reborn. currently very few bosses are ever at 40m away. The ones that are move constantly, which really sucks for this kind of mechanic.

can we go back to the old way the arrow positions worked? i often find that my poison arrow shifts to the left too far and i cant grab it without rotating my body right and then back left again (to recenter).

1 Like

I haven’t played the ranger in Reborn much. Do their arrows have the deadzone like the bard instrument now? I really hope that’s at least configurable at some point. Possibly disableable, depending on how well it actually functions, which I’m skeptical of.

1 Like

yes, and it is really annoying. looking down is massive loss in dps, so we have to know where our arrows are at all times. With the old way, it was always exactly in the same spot on our hips, but in the new one, it moves.

The distance which you need to pull back the arrow to do full damage is higher in reborn than it is in orbus. I’ve been noticing this the last couple days and finally went back to normal orbus to test it, i can do full damage consistently without effort at all in orbus, while in reborn i need to stretch my left arm and hit my chest with the right controller. It’s really annoying since it cuts a lot of damage while rapid-firing, can you decrease that distance requirement to match how it is in orbus?

3 Likes

I’m having a lot of trouble grabbing my right arrow, if my trap is up 95% of the time I will grab that instead and it will fling off in some random direction, if my trap isn’t there then I will tend to grab at the air cause my arrow isn’t where it used to be, it’s super annoying, I know you said previously that you would change the delayed body turn thing so it only effects bard as you added it in for them, any ETA on this?

There is an issue with weak points not showing up at all. Relogging fixes it.

If that happens again can you send us your output log from the launcher, its located on the lower left of the of the launcher, Thanks

There is something funky going on with charge piercing too can’t quite work out what it is, lack of feedback from it when firing or something, was bugging me last night

It just happened again. I sent the log.

i’ve seen where charge shot doesn’t register as a finished charge some times. is that what you were seeing?

finally got to 30. even double the size it was near impossible to hit from 40m (and boss rooms are still too small for it anyway). definitely going with my original statement that ppl are just going to use the rapidity talent.

If it was 30m and not 40, i could see ppl using it a lot.

The weak spots stop showing up if i stop attacking for a second for a charged shot or change position, can you change it so you just need to be in combat to spawn weak spots instead of attacking? Also:

is this going to be addressed before the beta ends? It’s a major issue for rapidity.

This is interesting because I don’t think we made any actual changes to that. I can double-check the code but I’m 99% sure it’s the same. Is it possible it’s a perception thing based on not having an actual arrow in your hand anymore (so like you’re bringing your hand closer to the bow to start or something?)

I do the same movements i’ve always done yet the arrow won’t fully pull back unless i completely stretch my left arm, resulting in much less damage.
It’s possible something else is affecting this (although it’s not just perception) but reducing the distance would solve the issue anyway

I think the weak points are a great addition to the ranger class. The skill cap for rangers has gone up a ton and I really feel challenged to get better. Thanks Devs.

Can you extend the length of the Training room in the house to 41m+ so we can test the new talents properly please? 31m isn’t enough

3 Likes

I think I noted this in a previous patch note but the talent descriptions may still be out of date. But the requirement to get the extra damage on the weak points, and to get the bonus damage from Arrow Sight, is now just 30 meters, not 40.

1 Like

Arrow Sight doesn’t give any boost at any range (i tried from 1m to 65m and did the same damage on any distance)