Closed Alpha Feedback Thread: April 20th

Looks like occasionally, the AoE marker will come up (say, on a fire drake), but then the creature will turn and burn in another direction.

Seems like the max lvl is 8 again :slight_smile:

Here are some bug report :

• If the monster die when doing one AOE, he will just vanish (no death animation), for exemple the blue dragon at start
  • Some monster don’t react when you hit them, but they don’t lose any hp too

I’ll continu to play and report if i find more :slight_smile:

By the way the city are awesome ! love the castle one !

When playing warrior, I would see a sword in my hand, but I would do no damage. Other players couldn’t see my sword. You would have to reequip it to get it to work.

Sorry about that, the server just went down for a few minutes. Should be coming back online now.

Cool. I’m glad it’s not just me. :slight_smile:

Having lots of threat issues on Warrior, found out the cause:

Threat is now based on blocking hits, but when initiating combat, it’s nearly impossible to not use shield bash to stun the enemies, thus 2-3 secs on no threat generation.

Recommend changing the activation of shield bash slightly, so it’s not as easy to use on accident.

Having a ton of fun so far! I have been running into some issues with sliding locomotion where occasionally it just won’t accept my input and I need to switch back to teleporting before it lets me move (not in combat).

Sometimes you will get stuck in combat, and not allow you to teleport. To fix this pull up you’re menu and go to the settings icon and click bug fixes, then stuck combat. This should allow you to resume normal sliding locomotion.

1 Like

Running into an error with the launcher where I get:
ERROR: Unable to download correct file after multiple attempts. Couldn’t update to vundefined

when it’s trying to download vrclient_Data/globalgamemanagers

Had an issue right before I logged out earlier where when I cast frostbolt and “held” the spell for extended period of time it got stuck on the wand. Un-equipping and re-equipping did not help, could not cast any new spells, putting it away (on my back) and taking it out did not help, and even with the wand un-equipped I was able to take it off my back again. When I get back in I’ll try to replicate it with frostbolt and then with other spells.

Working now. Thanks!

Did it perhaps happen that you were “holding” the spell when you crossed a zone boundary?

First time going in… very glitchy in parts, sometimes it goes back to steam vr room and it had been doing for quite some time till its finally gone unresponsive.

Sometime, when I reconnect, i see all player with lvl “0”

Edit : + I can see myself lol, where i crashed, my character is still here, i can see 2 double of me now :o

You can see me 3x in the “first fighting forest” (first quest place)

Sorry to hear that Richard. I noticed in the download thread you were mentioning you had a slow download speed to that server…what’s your Internet connection like? As in what is the speed, what type is it (DSL, etc.) and where in the world are you located?

It was not slow on my phone itself, I use a 4g connection, which is about 12-20 mb/sec. It is usb tethered. I am in the UK.

going to head back in and have another go.

Stuck on this now, it just wont load in. https://gyazo.com/e455cee957ace7149e5763f5d5fa4b90

must have been a slow server, its in now.

Oh I see, yeah my main concern with that would be the latency/packet loss from a phone connection. See this thread where I discuss that: Slow Internet Speeds

But basically if you’re getting a lot of packet loss you might see what you’re experiencing where the game will “stutter” a lot and show the SteamVR overlay/trackers.