Closed Alpha Feedback Thread: April 20th

Can you send me a copy of your output_log Ritch? See my previous post above yours to get the location of it. You can use http://pastebin.com to share it with me

Does it have any sensitive info in or can I post the link in this thread?

You can just paste the link in here, thereā€™s nothing sensitive in it. If you want to PM me it thatā€™s fine too. Up to you.

https://pastebin.com/uJpv3FBL

I donā€™t see anything in there thatā€™s really out of the ordinary and your latency seems fine. Are you still in the starter zone where there are like 30-40 players hanging out nearby? If so you might try going down the path by the lake and do a little fishing and see if you are still getting the issueā€¦it might just be that with that many players on-screen itā€™s causing graphical lag for you. I know that happened to Robert earlier on our test rig which has similar specs to yours. Weā€™re still working on getting everything fully optimized if that is the case.

Yeah cool OK. I have to go to bed now because I have work in 7 hours so I will try tomorrow. Thanks for the relies.

No problem, thanks for testing it out!

https://pastebin.com/G41ci8Zf

If it helps thereā€™s a pastebin of my output log as well, but it seems to be about the same as Ritchā€™s (to me at least).

Iā€™m wondering if this means you have super-sampling enabled?

desktop: 1920x1080 144Hz; virtual: 4880x1080 at -1680,0

(That might just mean you have a multiple-monitor setup, Iā€™m not totally sure.)

Did you take a look at the Performance/Developer settings in SteamVR to see if itā€™s reporting dropped frames?

So the developer settings is definitely showing a lot of dropped frames. The first image is after starting the game (in character select) and the second image is after a little time and it gets smoother, but still a lot of dropped frames (and steam finally recognizes the dropped frames for some reason).

As far as super-sampling and multi-monitor, I do have two monitors and I have OpenVR Advanced settings installed which adds in supersampling capabilities. Iā€™m going to try running the game in a second here and disable the advanced settings to see if that helps. Itā€™s also a slider to adjust the sampling so it may just be a matter of turning that back to default settings.

Sometimes when I try to delete an item, pressing the trash can icon closes the menu and doesnā€™t delete the item

Yeah thatā€™s really, really bad, haha. I would definitely check to make sure that itā€™s not doing some sort of supersampling or something because it should not be nearly that bad.

so I like the sword throw as an initiator but it would be nice to have an aoe taunt or just single target taunt that didnā€™t involve having to trow the sword.

Bingo! Good call, it was the supersampling. I just turned the sliders for supersampling in the advanced settings down to 1.0 and that fixed the problem. Didnā€™t even have to disable OpenVR Advanced Settings. Unfortunately thatā€™s about all I could do tonight, but Iā€™ll get to test out some more tomorrow after work. Thanks for the help!

No problem, glad that fixed it!

Loving it. We cleared the dungeon at about 5.5 hours in. My chief complaint right now is the three bruised knuckles and two new holes in my drywallā€¦ Shield bash for the winā€¦ Wife may not be happy about thatā€¦Iā€™m headed back in to explore further soon.

4 Likes

anyone else having troubles equipping mage chest armor?

1st day Review:

• Character creation was good and smooth.
  • I didnā€™t notice the teleport lines for other players, I think I read somewhere itā€™s supposed to show a line.
  • Some glitches when equipping items require you to use the bug fix option ā€œstuck in combatā€ before swapping out.
  • Loved the new grab item feature. Participated in the last this and this feature really stood out.
  • Sometimes when picking up an item. the wrong image would show but always of the same area. For example ā€œof the plainsā€ you would see the name of the ranger hat item but picture of the warrior one.
  • If teleport areas could be expanded it would be nice, some areas you have to jump from one square here to another all the way over there.
  • Compass is great love it! I wish it did not fall once you let go of the grip. I found myself having to hold the grip and teleportation, minor thing but a single grip hold, and grip release in my opinion would be more comfortable.
  • Damage to monsters especially if they are big can only be seen at an angle. I wonder if they can be placed slightly above the monsters so everyone could see at all times. I found myself not knowing if Iā€™m hitting or not and moving to see the damage numbers and in the monsters lower left body.
  • Game was stable and grass looks great overall very enjoyable!
1 Like

. . . . . . . . and the servers down

1 Like

holy shit, vulcan we were in the same party! right now i am heldor, but last test i was count bleck!

1 Like