Closed Alpha Test 4 Feedback Thread

Was having a blast leveling up with Outlander and crew in the Jungle but the pregnant wife says I need to take a break. :stuck_out_tongue: Was definitely having a major issue with hearing people speak. If I died, I could usually hear other members of the group for about 20 seconds before losing them again. My apologies if I wasn’t following instructions - I wasn’t getting them! :stuck_out_tongue:

My thoughts on the Ranger. I pretty much like everything you’ve done with the class. The one thing I dislike immensely is the rate of fire. If you want to maximize your damage output you have to fire the bow like a machine gun. When soloing I take careful aim to hit the target at a distance with a special arrow enhanced with powershot/mark, then when he gets close I’m firing arrows at about 3-4 arrows a second. Just doesn’t feel like a bow at that point. A good remedy would be to reach behind you for every regular arrow or to your belt for a special arrow. To compensate for the loss of dps you could just increase the damage of the regular arrows.

So far fishing feedback:

• “tried to bite…” text is facing the wrong way from the camera. Had to turn the fishing rod 180 degrees to read the text. Maybe facing the text always towards the camera could be a solution?
  • Losing a lure ability every time you throw your line (accidentally) on land is a really annoying thing. Is this done on purpose?
  • I keep an empty lure without any indication that it is broken in the inventory except for the hover. Should this happen?
  • The handle grabbing and turning seems to be wrong. For example: When i make my hand move down the handle is moving sideways. Maybe a better indication of where your handle hand and point of rotation is located? (or maybe don’t let the handle hand disappear)

How do you fight the low level healing elementals without being over-leveled or in a group? There is no sign of them charging their heal and I don’t believe I have any (at least obvious) way of interrupting the heal as an archer. Shouldn’t I be able to interrupt the heal to finish them off?

I recommend avoiding them. They heal far too often. You need to be overleveled or have someone else hitting him.

If you are using your special arrows along with your charged shot you can defeat them but its def not an easy task

That’s a bummer…

I also noticed that the trap seems to heal the target. Is this intended or a bug?

Any chance you would consider adding the ability to interrupt abilities like this? It’s very frustrating fighting them (especially just starting out) and I believe it’s pretty standard in most MMOs to be able to interrupt abilities like this. I find that mechanic extremely fun when it’s implemented properly.

The ranger trap does heal the monster as intended its not a bug

@Riley_D Fantastic job on the tigers. The first time I fought it, it made me jump back. I was even prepared for it since my group mate warned me. Still jumped. :slight_smile:

We are still working on exactly what mechanics we like and don’t like. Im not sure if something like that will get implemented in the end but we have considered doing something to allow that.

Hmm having a weird bug where the wand won’t cast while it is in my right hand. Can’t draw anything.

Did you try restarting the client? That’s really bizarre. If it keeps happening get me an output log.

Fixed itself after 30 minutes or so (It wasn’t done just by swapping weapons as I tried that a few times when the problem was occurring), Logan said he had the same problem at some point. I noticed that the stalactite boss was getting up and moving while still vulnerable for almost every stun when we just ran it, and the mob group before the last room was still all in the wall. There also seem to be a lot more voice issues this test from what I’ve seen so far. Loving the test so far! Jungle here I come!

Is it the same issue of you just stop being able to hear someone and then they walk away and come back and it’s fixed? If so are you the person that people can’t hear or are you unable to hear someone in your group, and if so is it consistently the same person?

Robert had that issue earlier with someone and it was consistently the same person and they were having lag issues on top of that so I think it might have something to do with VoIP packets getting lost due to packet latency…

That makes sense, it did usually start around the time someone started to lag. I think that sounds very consistent with what we were experiencing!

1 Like

We just beat the egg boss and the blue barriers stayed up trapping us haha

I don’t know if @Robert mentioned this yet or not, but we discovered a neat trick. I was disconnected at one point during the game near the Highsteppe graveyard. When I logged back I had a ghost body that remained in the position I was in when I was disconnected. Robert later thought it was me and that I was AFK so he teleported me to a different zone, y’know, like every good friend should when encountering an AFK person. I was actually fighting the ghosts with some buddies and casting the portal on my ghost teleported me anyway.

Sorry if that description isn’t totally clear. I can try to explain it more thoroughly if needed.

2 Likes

I got the shoulders after killing the 1st boss in the dungeon. When I grabbed the loot and put it in my bag, the shoulders were invisible. It was just a blank space. I could equip them but it is a blank space.

Also, when drawing runes I would go through periods where half of my drawing would disappear and my spell would fizzle. I only noticed this happening in the jungle.

The loot drops for killing mobs seems to be extremely low. I probably killed close to 100 mobs before I even got 1 drop of anything.

This was a lot of fun. It was my first alpha and being in the party with Outlander was great.

2 Likes