Closed Alpha Test 4 Feedback Thread

The new gathering item in the jungle doesn’t appear in inventory like the apples, and I can still infinitely grow crafting items :stuck_out_tongue: so much fun. The jungle assets and area are really astounding. I’m having crazy fun.

Not necessarily feedback to do with the Alpha Test but at some point I think an “afk” button could be implemented.

It’s funny seeing people who are obviously away from their computers and their head and arms are all discombobulated. The AFK button could allow their model to maybe just stand there, sit, lay down, whatever you’d go for.

2 Likes

Good morning everyone!

Thanks for all of the feedback so far! The server has done a great job being stable last night so that’s a big plus!

One thing we’re tracking is a few people reporting increased lag/latency. It seems to only be temporary and generally speaking so far it seems like it’s more on their end than our end, but just to be sure I’d love to hear your thoughts in general throughout the day on how you feel like the game’s networking is performing. Hopefully it’s feeling quite smooth to you but let us know either way so we can kind of get a census of how things are going on that end.

Hope you all have a great day today! Enjoy!

(It looks like some folks are testing the Open World PvP in the Wilds zone adn that zone crashed a couple of times…I think I have a fix ready for that but it might crash one more time before it takes effect. Just FYI.)

Alright so testing bounty in the wild-

1. the bounty reward text doesn’t always face you, it follows the player it is attached to.
  2. Whenever I kill logan it does a soft reset of the wild, all the bounties are wiped out and everyone is returned friendly with (usually) no bounty. However when he kills me, it acts like normal.
  3. No reward coins are currently being given from killing a player with bounty
  4. The bandits are spawning in the wild and not at the jail.
  5. Bandit status is wiped at invisible zone transition areas within the wild.

Edit: I did just get coins for a bounty kill, so that one is intermittent

I just did a soft reset, try now and see if you can kill him successfully without it crashing everything haha.

It is still happening haha

Also if you kill another bandit while you are a bandit it still increases your time. (Which is probably intentional)

That is intentional.

I’m assuming Logan is currently a Warrior; there seems to be an issue with Warrior shields getting removed from the game world when Warriors die and you are in the middle of attacking them or something; sorry, it might be more complicated than I can fix immediately.

I did one more soft reset to try and fix it. Give it one more try and if it still doesn’t work I’ll ahve to do some more testing after the Alpha test is over. Thanks!

In addition to the wilds issues, if you have any stacks of frost bolt on you (I had 4) it persists after death and trying the ‘out of combat’ fix. I had to relog each time. Moving 1 square at a time also only moves me in one direction, no matter where I stand in relation to the square.

This also applies to all mob debuffs on you. Like when fighting spiders the cripple persists and you have to relog to fix it.

The fishing letters are backwards for me, and Ciny says that he is getting no text at all.

(We will go back to the wild and try to get it to reset sometime soon)

Which letters are backwards? The ones where it tells you what you caught?

I was only receiving wording when i caught a fish. I never got any report that i had a fish on the line i just felt the vibration in the controller and started the return. it never said fish or anything. i dont know if that was how its supposed to be or not. logan was saying he was getting wording from a fish nipped or had interest but didnt bite. i never got any of that. when i did catch the fish the first working was like “n u have caught a green bellied bass” i meant to be recording this session but have not been. :confused:

Yeah it no longer says anything the controller just rumbles so that sounds right.

1 Like

Getting a party invite just after or before dying makes the reawaken menu dissappear.

So I have to get ressurected now :stuck_out_tongue:

shield issue: Holding it, it looks normal. To other players it looks like i’m holding it on a stick, which means it’s wonky going through my body (because my arm is angled for the new position). In combat I often have to turn the controller all the way to the left like i’m pointing the ‘shield on a stick’ out of the way in order to have the attack hit. I guess this has gone on for a while. (In the wilds I would block Cinyman’s sword when my shield was ‘sticking out of my body at 90degrees’

I have noticed some oddities with casting spells as the Runemage, it seems that casting spells right-handed works FAR better than using the wand left handed, even though I am left handed. I can get frostbolt correctly about 80% of the time right handed, while I can only get it about 40% of the time (at best) left handed.

I’m wondering if the spells take the angle that the lines were drawn in into account, say the lines themselves will be angled towards where the players hand is, which means different angles when casting with the left hand. That would explain why I seem to have so much more difficulty casting spells left handed. On the upside, since I decided to try using my right hand, I now know why people love that class so much.

Also on another note, drop rates feel like they’re a bit too low now. I think that it isn’t good to have to commit genocide against the boars near the jungle city 3 times over to get maybe 2 shirts…

Orbus emblem Easter egg :ok_hand:t2:

Credit for finding it goes to someone in the party. I don’t remember who (draven, logan, sour, cinyman)

You have to relog to fix it after you die? Or just always no matter what when you’re fighting spiders the debuffs aren’t going away?

Haha, noted.

Yeah the angle just didn’t get changed on the “OtherPlayer” model. That’s just a graphical bug, though. I’ll get that fixed.[quote=“Pyrarrows, post:77, topic:1571”]
I have noticed some oddities with casting spells as the Runemage, it seems that casting spells right-handed works FAR better than using the wand left handed, even though I am left handed. I can get frostbolt correctly about 80% of the time right handed, while I can only get it about 40% of the time (at best) left handed.
[/quote]

In theory it shouldn’t matter…I mean either way you’re trying to draw the same thing. Can you maybe take a recording of you casting a spell left-handed and it not working and then right-handed and it working? The only thing I can think of is that maybe in one way or the other you’re doing a better job of ‘respecting the Z-plane’.[quote=“Luvstosmooch, post:78, topic:1571”]
Orbus emblem Easter egg
[/quote]

Yup, that was it, good find :wink: