Closed Beta 1 Feedback Thread

I also have a issue where sometimes when I am using my journal it skips pages or I runs them together.

Also, I’m not sure if this is a glitch or if they have level requirements but some rune pillars that I find do not allow me to capture the rune. Again, not sure if its a glitch or not but wanted to mention it.

I think that’s the error that most people are getting after playing for around an hour. You probably weren’t seeing it becuase prior to using the new build you were never getting to play for that long. If you’re seeing that error then it means you’re now “caught up” to everyone else in terms of stability currently.

Yeah I think we will have to add in some sort of XP penalty for getting a guard involved, haha. This is the first test they have been willing to help you out so it hasn’t been an issue before. But I wouldn’t want people just grinding by aggroing then having a guard kill it repeatedly.

Okay, yeah, that makes sense. I’ll get that fixed.

Yeah I noted this in the Patch Notes, the Runemage wand is the only thing in the game right now that you can’t use movement with. We are working on a different way of doing that to hopefully fix that issue. And you’re right, if nothing else if you’re on Oculus it should still work since it’s a different button.

Yes, sorry about that. Currently the airship does not work how it should and does not go there, because it can’t cross zone boundaries right now. So that part is very confusing currently. We should just change that quest until we get it working right.

We have specifically decided not to offer a “Marauder’s Map” style of map where it shows where you/others are in real-time. Having to figure out where to go is part of the intended difficulty. It’s also one of the reasons that “expert” players are able to blow through those existing quests so quickly – we factor in the time it should take a new player to explore the world and figure out where things are at into our “estimated time to complete the quest.”

Not too bad for Beta, I’ll take it :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, some of the pillars aren’t set up yet. So I would consider it a “known issue” haha.

1 Like

Marcel Cenn, in the starting town, is “dsahingly hansome”. Spelling error.
(sorry if this has been posted, I want to get back into the game so I haven’t read all the posts)

Noticed the spelling error too. Also, Marcel’s second quest won’t complete for me. I got all the mobs killed but it won’t give me the reward or leave my journal.

yea the combat is the only down side to the game for those of us who hate teleporting, it really kills the game for me. I understand the performance hiccups will be worked out. sometime with smooth locomotion it sticks and u can’t stop moving till u teleport it cause my death a few time when I was sneak up on a few things I got too close and it got they attention but my thumb wasn’t even on the thumbstick at the time I have since learnt to counter act this so as soon as I notice it happening I teleport and it stops

I’m getting a weird forced delay between casting spells a strong majority of the time. I will cast a spell, then press the button to fire and it won’t leave my wand. I am having to press multiple times in order to get the spells to fire off - I have tried restarting the game and am sending in a log.

Sooo I’ve been tryin gto get the gloves off max level elites and all i get are feathers. A large group spanwed at the enterance to the ruins but I only got 1 feather off of them. Now every elite is missing and there are little cactaur all over the place lol. Not sure what’s going on.

If you’re getting feathers than those are the right ones. The gloves only have a 5% chance to drop.

I just reset that zone. See if that fixes it.

Looks like that did the trick! Much appreciated!

Weird, let me know if it starts happening again.

1 level 18 spawns randomly in the zone every like, 10 minutes. After over an hour and a half of killing those guys I’m still out of luck. I’ll keep at it, but damn that RNG!!

Yeah sorry. Obviously you’re intended to get the gloves from running hte dungeon (which isn’t in yet). My recommendation would be to just wait for next test to get them from there unless you really like grinding :slight_smile:

Not a fan of grinding, but I am a fan of gloves! I’m too stubborn to give up after such a long time. Probably why I avoid gambling :stuck_out_tongue:

Had the monster glitch on the standard connection again… but on the alternate connection i was able to play smoother without any real issues.

Also… the deer at the portal rune at highsteppe… are they supposed to be so close to the portal? … If people teleport there they will be rushed by those deer but I suppose the level of player entering using that route should be powerful enough to deal with it.

Ok i gave up lol. The 18 elites spawned once every god-knows-when. We killed the lower level ones for a good hour hoping it would trigger higher level ones. I’ll wait for the dungeon!

@Riley_D Did you do something to the experimental build? Because yesterday it was good but now i crash every 10-15 minutes even in solo, i sent a few reports.

Follow-up on spellcasting weirdness:
Late last night in Highsteppe town playing around with friends my fireball started only shooting in one direction – straight ahead – regardless of where I aimed, and it wouldn’t follow my wand movements after launching.
I reset and it went back to normal.
My friend said my avatar was frozen in place with my wand pointing forward, but he could hear me fine. Yet from my POV I was moving around as normal. So maybe the server-client system got out of sync?

Second glitchy thing we noticed with launching spells (hey we’re beta testing to find issues to make Orbus better!) – if you hit the touchpad to launch a spell & it flies off and then immediately hit your SteamVR button (on the Vive, idk about Oculus) to bring up the SteamVR menu, and then hit it again to close it, a second spell casts off your wand. You can repeat this ad infinitum if you keep hitting the button to toggle the SteamVR menu.
Haven’t tested actually hitting a mob, so not sure if this is a mere ~illusion~ or an actual hack for rapidly firing off spells.

((If it helps at all, I’ve seen this kind-of-sort-of behavior in Anyland – where if you create a Thing with a propel script and let it go, if you bring up the SteamVR menu it pauses scripts running & anything moving in Anyland from your POV but the propel script goes into a forced loop, reapting the script and storing the cumulative propel commands so when you close the SteamVR menu it blasts off with the built-up momentum of the propel script on a glitched-out loop for the duration of you being in the SteamVR menu on “pause”.))

No I haven’t changed it. You’re still using the experimental build but now you’re crashing?

Also can you send me the actual crash logs (the folders that you RARed up last time) again? Just upload it here on the forums in a PM or send me a link via email. Thanks!

Yes, i’m going to test it again. I will send reports in case.