Closed Beta 1 Feedback Thread

I sent it in PM. Btw this time i didn’t crashed at all in an hour, just at the end but i was in the airship so i think this is a different problem because i often crashed in the airship even in the open alpha.

I found these 2 glitches in my screenshot folder that i forgot to upload

I’m sorry, I asked this on the wrong thread. I’m sure this has been asked before but I haven’t seen it. Do we have to make a new character every time a new test starts?

Hey Daniel, you do not need to make a new character every test. However your last one was probably a non-established character so you would just need to this test.

Non-estabished? How do I estabIish my character?

I just reset the Desert zone to roll out a couple of quick fixes. Just FYI in case you were in that zone.

Please click link to see a quick video I’ve put up for you.

I didn’t bother recording any sound. You can see at the beginning me having trouble getting the bow to remain upright. To begin with I couldn’t figure out what was causing it to flip and stutter about. All the footage you see was after downloading the latest patches this evening (20th Aug 2017) I also downloaded the latest drivers for my display card and oculus etc.
In an effort to figure it out, you will see I tried swapping to other weapons ie: the sword which I tried in both hands, and the blunderbuss. (you guys need to give that gun a much meatier bang sound by the way…)
You will see that the problem doesn’t exist for any weapon except the bow, and later if you continue to watch I figured that the problem only occurs when nocking an arrow. The bow is fine while empty and tracks my wrist rotation perfectly, it’s only when I nock an arrow there is a problem. I found that my drawing hand (my right) also twists the bow left and right… and I don’t think it did before this latest patch… so I think the issue appears because the game doesn’t know whether to orientate the bow with the left or right controller position. It’s getting mixed signals off both hands I think. So if the bow is in the left hand, disable bow rotation for the right. And if the bow is being held in the right hand, disable rotation of the bow from the left… if that makes sense.
At the end you will see me also demonstrating how the hands are at different heights. I let my arms dangle down at full stretch, yet you will see one is higher than the other. I also hold them above my head and out to the sides, and the problem is still there. It’s like one arm (even though the arms are actually invisible at the moment) is shorter than the other.

Get in touch if you need me to explain anything further… Thanks!

Jon.

Just to clarify, this issue is on my pc which has remained unchanged since the last alpha and this problem didin’t appear then. It’s only appeared since native oculus and touch support. I use oculus rift and touch here but while using it through steam vr as if it was an htc vive, there isn’t a problem…

I didnt seem to have this problem when i was playing with mine. Im using the native oculus support. Thats interesting I will play with it in a bit and see if i can repeat your problem.

Today I had a few crashes. I think it were only twice. I had been disconnected a few times as well.

One thing That bothered me in game was that I had no idea where my equip-able items were supposed to be placed, so I had to just keep trying until I found the right slot. Its also really hard to use the inventory menu of the chests for crafting fishing bait in the player house. The table clips through the interface.

The thing that bothers me the most is the locomotion. I cannot slide in any direction with the touch pads during combat. I can teleport but sliding seems to be disabled or bugged. I could shoot random arrows and slide all day long, as long as I didn’t enter combat with something.

Sorry for the lengthy post.

I didn’t really say much during the open Alpha, too busy playing the game. :stuck_out_tongue: Here’s my thoughts so far now that we’re in beta. Long post incoming…

Friends List – FINALLY! I have wanted this for several Alpha tests already, it is nice to see the start of that system. It is very unrefined right now, but it is nice to have anyways. A few bugs – If you have too many friends, the list gets cut off. Also it is possible to add a person to the friends list multiple times. The nearby players list doesn’t remove the ‘add friend’ prompt. If you remove any duplicate friends, all copies of their name will be removed.

Extra thoughts/requests for the friends list – I feel that the ‘Nearby Players’ list should be moved to be alongside the Friend & Party lists, in a tabbed interface, similar to the new settings interface. I think that there should also be icons on the lists to indicate weather the person is in your current party, in your friends list, or, once the fellowships are available, if the person is in the same fellowship as you.

I think that it should also be possible to have a button to start a call with a person on your friends list, they would need to accept your call & talk into the compass. I think that it would be best if players could switch the compass between ‘party’ and ‘call’ mode. Maybe toggle by pulling the trigger on the compass hand?

The Obnobi Desert – This region is large and fun to navigate. I first entered this region to fight monsters once I hit level 8 Musketeer. I’m looking forward to seeing what will happen in this region. I’m looking forward to fighting the world boss that spawns in this region.

New Music – It is nice to have different songs in different parts of the world. I really like the music in the lvl 8 dungeon, it really gives the place a more cave-y feel. :stuck_out_tongue: It is also nice to get another ambiant note that you have gone into a new region.

Other Quality of Life improvements – I haven’t tried the different locomotion settings, but it is nice having more options for players that want/need them. The new settings window is very nice, I’m happy that it isn’t as difficult to get to the log out button now.

It’s nice being able to move with both hands, even if one has a weapon in it. (Aside from the wand)

Bugs – There is a new menu bug, if you change weapons, say you have the musket equipped to your left hand & switch to a wand in your right hand (Navigating menu with right hand), if the wand wasn’t in ‘holstered’ behind your back, you won’t be able to navigate the menus without first putting it behind your back (Off hand can’t do anything, menu seems to think that the trigger is still pulled on the new weapon hand) Once you holster the weapon behind your back, both hands can navigate the menus again. (This also happens when switching back to the musket as well. Not sure about bow or sword, I haven’t tried those classes this test)

I still see the glitchey fonts in the menus from time to time

The pet dragons will sometimes enter into combat with other party members when fighting monsters. Turns out the pet dragon fire breath does some damage, as healing musketeer turrets would all fire at a member of the group after the dragon breathed fire on them. This issue seems to cause you to get stuck in combat much more often if at least one person in the group has a pet dragon out.

The Warrior Charge has gotten me into quite a bit of trouble.

If an enemy is too close to a wall, I end up colliding into terrain and cant teleport out in most cases.

Additionally,

When in the lvl 8 Dungeon, if you charge an enemy on the bridge that leads into the boss chamber, you end up at the bottom of the gorge, about 25 feet below the bridge. I did this 3 times before learning my lesson lol.

I’ll do a more extensive write-up on the Warrior after the beta is up.

Thanks for recording that, I will take a look at that before the next patch and see what’s going on.

The behavior you’re describing is, to some degree, correct and it has always worked like that. Once you are drawing back an arrow, the rotation of the bow is determined by the angle between both of your hands. So if you move your arrow hand right, the bow will rotate to face toward the left more. However, it looks like when you first draw it back the Oculus Rift setup is for some reason much more sensitive to the arrow getting drawn back than it was on Vive.

I just messed around with ranger some and it does seem more exaggerated than in the past.

In all the previous tests combined I think I only got stuck between zones maybe once or twice, however this test it is happening every 20 minutes or so. Sometimes it happens back to back (this gets pretty rough) and doesn’t seem like it is consistently fixed by returning to graveyard either. Half the time I have to completely restart the game.

That does seem extreme. That bug is my “number one enemy” to fix before next test.

Are you still mostly going back to the Wilds when you do the return to graveyard? Or…?

I think I ended up in the wilds only once when returning to graveyard.

Where else has it been taking you? Is it like a totally different zone than you were in or is it just back to a graveyard near where you actually were but you just werne’t seeing things there before?

It has been taking me to the correct graveyards. It just hasn’t been syncing me with the zone and making everything reappear. I’m remaining in that limbo where there are invisible Mobs/NPCs. It is interesting though because it recently happened at Cenn’s farm and it was almost as if I reached the end of a zone (I don’t think it was at a zone transition spot though). I could see some chickens, a rabbit, another player, and town NPCs but past a certain point all the mobs were there and invisible.

Yeah I think what’s happening is the server is losing track of you or something. Do you usually just slide around? Can you try teleporting like once every minute or two and see if it helps?

I am usually doing both at the same time constantly. So I am teleporting pretty frequently. I can switch to primarily teleport and see if that works.