Closed Beta 1 Feedback Thread

Hmmm…or maybe try just only sliding? Honestly I dunno if it will help just a though.

Had one person’s drops get stuck in the ceiling on the last jungle boss. My drop was on the ground though :slight_smile:

Would you mind checking the elite mob’s drop table? I killed dozens of them and didn’t get any drops. No feathers, reagents, or anything. That shouldn’t statistically be possible. That or I’m just salty at the RNG.

I got gungloves of the desert on my second solo kill.

I’m envious and irrationally hate you right now :stuck_out_tongue:

Having a funny issue where it isn’t allowing me to log in. It’s stuck in the loading characters

Fixed on restart. Working all good now

Okay, that’s a wrap for this test! Thanks everyone for participating, we’ll see you for the next Beta on September 15th.

I really enjoyed this test man! I can’t wait to see what features and stuff are in the next release! :smiley:
fingers crossed for mounts

1 Like

The launcher says “server offline” and we can’t join, i’m sure this is a bug!!! :laughing:

1 Like

Only major issue that I had today was an issue with entering the desert zone, it started just before everyone started grouping up for the worm fight, I couldn’t zone into that zone, every time I went into it, it was empty. Return to graveyard always dropped me off in Highsteppe. I went through a lot of Reagents before I successfully got into there for the fight. It started happening again shortly after the fight as well.

The only times I was successful getting into the desert zone once this started happening was when there was another player nearby, and I moved across the border slowly to make sure my dragon was following.

Questing was a blast in the desert as a party, thanks a bunch peeps (I forgot your names lol), only major issue I had was getting disconnected a fair bit towards the end and my character reading level 0 at the selection screen.

The spells felt much more manageable to cast, but that may just be my muscle memory getting better over several alphas and betas now :stuck_out_tongue:

Link

This was the most frustrating test to date for me. Dont get me wrong, I enjoyed every min I could play, but the crashes were killing me. I had some crashes last test (open alpha), but this test they were consistent and common.

I hope client stability is addressed along with adding content

I had surprisingly few crashes on my end. For me it was about once every 3 hours, aside from a few problem spots. Leaving the player home in Highsteppe was always a gamble for me lol.

Alright yo I will try to make this quick because I am in the middle of moving.

This beta test was amazing! Hands down I am more addicted than I have ever been. I love the desert zone and OMG the new armor just keeps looking better and better! (Minus the musketeer hat) I did however want to bring up a couple things. I understand some of these things may be addressed in the upcoming patch already.

The wolf spawns right next to the king sweetie orchard were bugged most of the game for me and couldn’t be hit.

Friends list need a group invite button. I’m sure it isn’t 100% ideal to not be able to message someone before hand but I’m sure it would work out.

A weird bug where if my menu was out and I had my wand in my right hand I couldn’t interact with the menu with my left.
And to end we have player abused glitches to address.

I was able to run dungeon groups for both dungeons. First dungeon performed very well and jungle dungeon went well. Larger aggro zones made it so mob packs had to be cleared.

And lastly the player abused glitches and balances.

The desert zone is amazing! But way to easy. I’m not usually one to beg for harder monsters but A LOT of people completely skipped the jungle zone. I saw more than 3 level 8s who already had their desert chest piece and helm. Up the damage on all the mobs in the zone. High level zones should feel challenging and definitely shouldn’t allow lower level players to completely skip the jungle zone.

Also putting the gloves only on the pyrmid head elites in the desert is fine but it is very unclear to the player that they only drop off of the max level elites. I think it would be preferable if they still dropped off at the some percentage for max level elites, I believe I read it was 5%, but then make it 1% or lower for the lower level elites.

Currently if you are a musketeer you can throw your dps or healing turret out and switch classes while still getting the benefit of the turret until its timer runs out and it despawns.

Speaking of the turret can we get clarification on how it works? I thought it was suppose to attack the weakest mob but I find my turret switches between mobs all the time. It’s so inconsistent that I rarely use it in dps mode unless I am fighting a single mob.

People are using the guards as an exploit to farm xp on higher level mobs. Specifically I saw it happening at the end of the jungle zone but I’m sure it could be abused in other places. I’d suggest turning off the xp gain if a guard strikes the mob.

Overall though an amazing beta. I’m already supper addicted and planning on power leveling hard come early access.

1 Like

Hey Riley, just to follow up.

From memory I think your right. The combination of both hands has always had an effect on the bow angle. But previously I think it was only the hand holding the bow that effected it’s rotation?
On the Rift during the Beta it now feels as though rotation was being effected by both hands. Either that or as you say it’s become way more sensitive . I would be inclined to remove rotation from the “non bow” hand if possible as I don’t think its needed anyway. Leave rotation to the bow hand, angle to the bow hand and the arrow hand combined, and twist your torso to aim left or right… both arms up or down to adjust height. … Yeah it’s tricky! :slight_smile:

Really enjoyed playing this test. I had a wedding to go to over the weekend so really only got to play a little bit and I managed to level my mage to lvl 9. I never made it to the desert. I had a bit more crashes than I did in previous tests. It seemed to be happening about every hour or so.

-exp wasn’t showing up for all monsters, some it would show up for and others it wouldn’t
-would like when I finish a quest to have the dram and exp show together
-since I played later in the test it was impossible to find a party to do any dungeons, looking forward for some kind of dungeon finder or finding someone to do a dungeon with
-I thought 2 people couldn’t have the same name. I saw another Logan and almost ported him before I realized it wasn’t the Logan I wanted to port. People shouldn’t be allowed to have the same name. Makes it confusing for PvP as well.

I think everyone talked about the other feedback. Can’t wait for next Beta test where I will hopefully be able to play more.

1 Like

Little clarification on what the naming thing, someone was able to name themselves “logan” with a lower case L. Maybe the game can be updated to not allow names to be recreated with differences in case or with some obvious special character work arounds?

1 Like

There was some talk of a map being in your journal that was roughly drawn to give a sense of where you were. I tried very hard and could not find it. Bug? Not implemented yet?

Fishing

Whoa a fishing post! Who does that?

Anywho~ I didnt like how the lures had a 30 durability and used 2 durability per cast. Id like to see it at 15 and use 1 durability per cast. (unless there is a super secret good reason for this?)

I also feel like I was catching way to many fish per hour. It was about 1 in every 3 casts I was pulling back a fish. If end game fishing catches as many fish per hour as I am now, I think that is a great place to aim for, and greatly rewards fishing effort in the number of fish you bring back.

How to balance how fishing level and quality of fishing returns is up to you guys.

You can go the WoW fishing method and say that you can only fish in this pond if you are a lvl X Fisher.

Or maybe high level fish are so rough on the line it is nearly impossible to reel in a fish from the wilds as a low level fisher without the line snapping. (I’m personally in favor of this method)

1 Like