Closed Beta 1 Feedback Thread

ok will give that a try in a bit thanks I killed the rabbit looking thing guess that wasn’t enough

• If me and my friends use free locomotion, it still looks like porting for the other person. - Getting insta ported, down the stairs or in a house is a little confuising
  • Getting around with the airship is not very comfortable, it stutters and the hard turns are not so good.
  • is the wild life supposed to kill you in seconds outside the city?
  • musketier gives no vibration feedback

(devs correct me if I am wrong with something)

• The free locomotion is still a work in progress. Idk about plans for stairs, but the teleport sight for an outsider will get changed in the future.
  • The airship will get fixed in the future but didn’t have a high priority up until … soon I hope.
  • Well if you went with the airship and walked outside there, then you went into a higher level area. I think the mobs are level 4+ there (could also be 8+).
  • That musketeer vibration thing must be a bug… (It could also be that you expect a way bigger vibration because it is a gun. Current vr doesn’t vibrate that crazy in my opinion.)

Has anyone hit 8 yet? I still have 2 more hours until I can get on and I want to know how far behind I am.

Thx for your answer,
No, i mean the animals with a h… red square, directly in front of the starter town. Hmm no, i really had not a tiny bit of vibration feedback.

No one has hit level 8 yet. I didn’t dive in too deeply but it seems like the “furthest” people right now are hovering around the 5-6 mark.

The rabbits at the farm? Or you mean the ghosts or wolves downstairs? The ghosts and wolves are level 3 and 4 and should better be fought after leveling some at the farm.

Stuck at Checking files for latest Version…
Ran as admin.

Just wait? Its been about 10 min

Downloaded new client from link. Apparently my old client would not update. Im good
now

When trying to download the game I get the error:

I’ve restarted the launcher probably about a dozen times by now but it always stalls at the same place with the same error.

we can try to upload the file in a new location in about 30 min if it still isnt working by then

sounds good! until then i’ll continue to restart and hope that one day I’ll get past 24/114

Can you try downloading it from here and see if it’s faster?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/patch.orbusvr.com/Launcher-0.81-Latest.zip

That is a launcher that already has the latest patch pre-installed.

if I play with the strafe locomotion did u guy mean to stop the movement while in combat because in combat I can teleport but not strafe

Currently you can only teleport while in combat. I’m pretty sure they are going to try out slide in combat next test.

Riley,

I like the new loco controls! Pretty sure there’s a bug with strafe left pad/smooth turn right when playing Mage. Smooth turn (right pad) is disabled when holding a wand, and comes back when you put it away. Also may I suggest a turn sensitivity or make it far less sensitive. Practically spin you 360° in a second!

I’ve tried to download that file but shortly after starting the download it stalls out and fails to download. I tried downloading from the link on my laptop but it also stalled out after 110mb, eventually changing to failed to download

I’ve restarted my computer and downloaded the 1GB test file from
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/download
without issue

I’m also still downloading the 5GB file from

and it’s not having any issues

ok I love the new locomotion setup it works great… I was using the gun and as soon as I go in combat it locks and I can only teleport but once that is fix this game is going to be amazing it has so much promise

The new locomotion setup is the bees knees. I love it! Someone was telling me all of these different combos as a warrior though that the game does not really tell you. Right now the only way to find out about the warrior combos is to look at the Wiki. Maybe there should be a more in depth class tutorial for anyone who has tricks that aren’t explained?

Hmmm, weird. I am uploading it to Mega for you, one moment.