Closed Beta 1 Feedback Thread

Try this link, Thomas:

https://mega.nz/#!t2QCQAKS!tanR5fpiQqt9kXSDRB2xlRRYG_efvvetRKA4xyq0BKw

The mega link worked perfectly and was downloaded in about a minute.
I tried downloading it from the AWS link just in case it was an error on my end but it still stalled out at 120mb/626mb.

Thanks for your help guys! Sorry if I threw the oddest problem ever at you. Hopefully itā€™s just a one off case and not a super sneaky persistent one.

Weā€™ve had some complaints from other people about AWS not working for them, although thatā€™s incredibly odd to me since like half the Internet is powered by AWS stuff, haha. Anywho, no biggie. If we put out a patch I will be sure to upload another version to Mega for you.

Yeah, its pretty odd to me too so I was questioning my sanity for a bit there. I guess the only real thing to do is put a ticket into amazon and provide an alternate link for those who still have problems.

Thanks for the alternate method and good luck squashing bugs!

so sour, milky, and I were in teh first dungeon. Milky and I as warriors had haptics but couldnā€™t do any damage. We tried exiting and rejoining the dungeon and no difference. The sword has alway scut out ranodmly in the regular zones, but the dungeon seems consistent in ;preventing the sword from working.

Got the following error halfway throught the download:

"Checking files for latest versionā€¦ vrclient_Data/Managed/Mono.Security.dll ERROR: Error: connect ETIMEDOUT 52.216.161.93:443

ERROR: Unable to download correct file after multiple attempts. Couldnā€™t update to v1.76: Error: connect ETIMEDOUT 52.216.161.93:443"

Hello, Iā€™m super excited to play Orbus, but Iā€™m having some big issues. Half the time it seems like NPCs, monsters, and players are either despawning or invisible. Iā€™ve crashed twice, and half the time I donā€™t see any NPCs or players. I had the quest to go kill the stag, and I went to the location and there was no stag visible, but battle music playing. I died to an insivible monster, and respawned and just swung randomly until the stag died. When I went back to turn in the quest, all the NPCs were gone again. Sometimes it seems like the town is empty then the players pop up. When i first started, everything was empty. There is also a place near the stag area that you can stand on thin air, not sure if that was intentional.

Edit : Also itā€™s not just the stag, it seems like overworld monsters are just invisible to me.

Also, is there any push to talk functionalities in game, and how do you make it so you can be able to use your mic to talk? It seems like nobody can hear me though my mic seems to be working.

https://pastebin.com/xJhB0QvG - Here is my crash logs, I crashed twice.

Hey Aaron ā€“ Can you try using the ā€œAlternateā€ connection type in the launcher and see if that makes a difference to your issues of having invisible things?

Ryan ā€“ If that issue persists, you might try downloading the whole launcher directly with the latest patch from here instead:

https://mega.nz/#!t2QCQAKS!tanR5fpiQqt9kXSDRB2xlRRYG_efvvetRKA4xyq0BKw

Is this still happening? Iā€™ll take a look at testing that here in a moment. Did you try it on multiple monsters in the dungeon?

OK I was able to download and install the software on the second attempt.

Iā€™m damned if I know what iā€™m doing though! I think I need to sit down and read some documentation first :slight_smile:

we left after the 2nd attempt. The first mob of spirits/golem could not be hit by us, though sour could still hit them.

If there is anyone out there who is still having frequent crashes (as in, every 15 minutes or less on average), please let me know by replying here so I can prioritize your bug reports. Thank you!

I just did a soft reset of the starter zone to clear out some cobwebs. Thanks!

Iā€™ve played all afternoon and a couple of hours this evening. Good stuff!
My occasional disconnect/crashes seem to have stopped in my evening play time session. Cool.

A few issues to report:

• Throughout the world there are a number of frozen avatar clones from people having crashed (thereā€™s one of me near the stag). Restarting Orbus hasnā€™t cleared them, I assume itā€™s server-side.

• I am still getting very frequent invisible monsters/NPCs after transitioning between areas (anytime going through the blue rectangle ā€œteleportsā€ across a bridge or through stairs). Quitting Orbus entirely and relaunching seems to be the only thing that fixes it for me. Iā€™ve tried the suggested ā€œTo The Graveyardā€ button a few times but no dice.

• And something I noticed in the Open Alpha and again today:
    Whenever I cast the Light spell, then every spell afterwards doesnā€™t fire off correctly ā€“ instead of flying out of my wand they just explode, on the ground, directly under where the Light ball is or was (this behavior persists after the Light ball despawns). I have to quit Orbus and relaunch to reset this behavior.
    This afternoon I noticed something similar but weirder ā€“ someone else cast the Light spell, and then my spells were suddenly acting as I just described. =(

Regardless, Iā€™m having an absolute blast. So much fun! =)

I just did a quick soft reset of all the primary zones to roll out a patch to fix a lingering Warrior issue where if there were lots of players around you while you were attacking things, your attacks may not have been registering. Thanks!

Oh, interesting, I hadnā€™t heard that one before, Iā€™ll check that out.

Can you try using the ā€œAlternateā€ connection type and see if that makes any difference at all?

Will do, when I log in tomorrow!

I crashed a few hours ago, and just tried to log back in. But now there are no monsters, no NPCs, and no PCs in my world. I tried logging in a few times, but itā€™s the same. Should I try logging in with the ā€œalternateā€ method?

Edit: I tried logging in with the ā€œalternateā€ connection type. This fixed it. But after going back to ā€œdefaultā€ connection type, the problem returns. Additionally, I found that if I create a new character on ā€œdefaultā€ connection type, the problem goes away. Wellā€¦ the problem of everyone else disappearing goes away, but a new problem arises: I have to start a new character and level up again.

Thanks,
Alpha

I crashed too much in party, sometimes even every 5 minutes. In solo was normal i think, every 45-60 minutes.