Closed Beta 1 Feedback Thread

having fun so far only at level 3 I took a break from playing to watch the defenders on Netflix.
the gun is great to use and is my weapon of choice strafe with smooth turning is my locomotion of choice. the locomotion sticks a lot and having to teleport while in combat really messes me up but i’m making do knowing this is just a beta test. the game is a lot of fun even with those draw backs when gives me high hopes. I am sure the performance issues are well known and easily forgiven with this game being in beta the game can freeze for a sec or 2 going in and out doors mainly and sometime it does it for no reason at all give black lines on the side of my FOV but those are rare

Hi there, here a few short feedbacks about our first 3 funny hours in OrbusVR:

• the bow jumps around in wierd angles when putting the arrow into it. That is really confusing
  • i had a hard time ready the conversation texts because the text"window" changes angle und rotates around when i move. I have to get closer to it to be able to read the text. I would like to see an option to set this windows fixed at the opening position.
  • i have a hard time to see if an item in the inventory is selected. That should be much more obvious with a bigger border or much better contrasts.
  • is there so much fog because of motion sickness? I would like to see an option with much higher (more far) visibility.
  • that the free locomotion is disabled in combat it really confusing. First time i thought i was stuck in the enemy.
  • that an enemy can run into myself (through my body) is really arkward ^^
  • the 1st page of my journal is positioned under the 2nd page. So when i open my journal first i see the 2nd page, if i turn pages and keep holding it, only then i can read the first page.
  • I searched 2 hours for the lowland woods in the stzarter town, especially for beginnrs it would be nice to mark them on the map too.
  • where is my health bar? is it one of the bars on the shield? (i play warrior), litle Icons would be helpful to recognize.
  • and where do you get that Toro Spore mushrooms? never found one. Gathering? Looting? In the quest text should be mentioned what this things are.
  • direct teleporting into the houses is quite confusing especially because you have to open the door with the door handle. When i open a door iwant to be able to walk through it. Otherwise a porting target rectangle like at the airship would be better in my opinion.
  • the loading stops when hitting a map border are really annyoing especially when running away from a mob :joy: please try to implement a seamless background preloading.

phew … but this game is really fun and i see a lot of potential. Keep up the good work :smiley: :+1:

Good news: Reedflute appeard.

Bad news enemies vanished and would not re rez even if I clicked back to graveyard. They would attack me, but I would not see them and end up getting killed. I will send a log.

Alright. I hit level 16. I think I am the first one. Time to crash into my bed. Had to use my USB power banks twice to recharge my controllers while playing. Took me just under 18 hours of hard core leveling to get to level 16. Thank you to all who grouped with me during parts of the process.

Are the desert gloves supposed to drop from the elite mobs in the desert? Just like jungle gloves drop from elite mobs in the jungle? The reason I ask is every mob but the worms in the desert drops desert chest piece. We farmed the elites and surrounding mobs all night. Not a single glove drop.

2 Likes

While enjoying myself royally there are some minor details that I feel could improve the experience a little so here they are in no particular order. :slight_smile:

• I would like some audio feedback when I put some loot in the bag. It happens from time to time that it doesn’t register that I hold the hand behind my head and when I let go of the button the loot simply drops to the ground (or rather flies away some meters from me). Sine that happens (sometimes, mostly it works just fine) I now always feel the need to turn around and check if the loot actually was put in the bag.

• One thing that happens more regularly is the need to switch back and forth between slide/teleport mode, particularly when in the house trying to craft at the table. Would it be possible to either assign a key to switch or even better have teleport on the right and slide on the left controller?

• There are a spelling error from the questgiver that makes you kill redtails. He says “dshaing” instead of (I assume) “dashing”.

• The stair up to “Queens forrest” is really tough to “slide” up. You almost always get “inside” the stair and have to teleport out and use teleport mode up

• Fishing is absolutely awesome but the fishing lines must be made of yarn or something because they snap really easily :slight_smile:

• Why did I not keep myself physically fit and just play MMOs? Warrior is really a workout! And I like it alot! :smiley:

• Almost certainly I have missed something but I would like some faster (or at least some less “UI”-bound") method switch weapons. Particularly for the warrior to switch to “range”-pulling weapons. I could think of trigger + grab to pick up secondary and just grab primary perhaps?

• Having run into enemies of great power a little too much and thus having to leg it I was thinking of some kind of “escape”-mode where you can use slide locomotion to run away from enemies with some penalty. Of course you give up XP on that mob but perhaps even from durability loss that makes you weapons break and have you return to repair regardless of its current state. Something in that line anyway.

• Can I quickslot/put on the belt items like healing potions?

Now I have no more time since I have to get back and try to kill those damn bandits!

Hey I think I can help you with two things!

• There is a very clear haptic feedback when your hand is in the right place to drop the loot in your bag.

• yes you can quick slot your potions in the same spots you can put your gathering pick :slight_smile:

That’s interesting. If you are able to play in a group again today I would be curious to know if that’s still happening. If it is please let me know as there may be some kind of memory leak or something going on there.

Have you tried using the Alternate connection type or are you still on Default? Just curious if that makes a difference to the folks who are seeing this issue.

You definitely are, haha. Also I think we predicted it would take something like 40 hours of gameplay to hit that level, so you did it way faster than we expected. Were you mostly doing group grinding?

I will double-check the loot tables later today.

Hmm, I don’t notice any haptic feedback. Could i be a setting for the “vibration” of the controls I haven’t seen?

(Thanks for the quickslot info! Makes it MUCH easier to heal :smiley: )

I will try alternate connection next time I am on.

When you wake up from your victory nap, can you tell me what class you leveled up to level 16?

Some things I noticed so far (first time I haven’t played from the start btw):

• Mainstory done in 1.75 hours lol.
  • I could get the Red truffle from the Demanding Chef’s 2 quest only by looking for a spot in the camp where you can’t walk. Then mine in the air and got the truffle :stuck_out_tongue: So a bug that you can’t see the Red Truffles.
  • I and probably other people would really like that the notification for getting Dram from a quest and experience, into one notification. When I finish a quest, I just wait annoyed until the dram pop-up is gone so the experience pop-up shows.
  • Can you fix the Roma University Isle quest where you have to talk to Bart then to the airship guy and then you see Roma. But I talked to The Airship guy first, then Bart and the quest log doesn’t show I had to talk to the airship guy again. So went all the way to guild city to realize when Roma was gone, that I needed to talk to the Airship guy again.

were you actively on the “demanding chef part 2” quest or did you pre-farm it. If you werent on the quest then it was working properly where you should not be able to see it until you are on that quest (like tinnys branch). If you have the quest accepted and still couldnt see it then let me know thats a bug.

I was with 100% certainty on the demanding chef part 2 quest. I even continued with the Roma plot quest in hope that the Red Truffle would appear later on. So I checked again after the first Roma quest, and still no truffle. So, that is when I tried to find the invisible truffle haha. Could it be the night causing this?

ya the truffle itself is super dark and with our dark nights its possible it was blending in so well you couldnt see it, or wasnt appearing at all.

If anyone else has completed the quest and gathered the truffle during day or night let me know so i can dive lil deeper.

thanks for the bug reports everyone im adding them to the list.

Three small things before I stop today:

• The music in your house is awesome, but abruptly stops after around 30 seconds. I tried it 3x by entering the house again. (haven’t counted exactly so it can be more or less then 30 seconds) :frowning:

• Are you guys also planning to add a seperate area music for the second zone (the level 4-8 zone of the wolves, wyverns and zombiepigman)?

• Can the toolbelt below you change, because after 10 tests it still bothers me. A good way to change this is by (in my opinion):

• Every tool/potion needs to be shrinked a bit before grabbing them, so you have more freedom of viewing. (especially the multi harvest tool)
    • The tools should move around 10 degrees with you to the back (and down) when you look further down. So they aren’t completly blocking the sight when looking down.

Game still addicted and awesome btw :smile:

Morning, Yo! It was the musketeer class. Elk was a level 15 mage right before I passed out. He may be the first mage.

Definitely.
I only got to level 5 mage before logging off last night!

I had problems with not being able to open the chests in my house, and later not being able to enter my house.

edit: problem solved. user error

Just wanted to say thanks to the dev team for implementing the Oculus SDK, the game runs much MUCH smoother than the open alpha, although that is also probably thanks to all the other great work and optimization that has been done.

Only got to lvl 3ish yesterday but had a chance to do a bunch of quests. Everything seemed to work as intended, although the guy who gives you the quest to clean the sunflower patch still has an exclamation mark above his head (despite furious waving to trigger a quest). I have done the first to kill 10 and the second to kill 20 so far.

Is there any intent to add a map of some kind? Even just a simple drawing of a map in the journal I feel would be very helpful. Although I suppose that would sort of negate the compass (which is a really great and tactile way to include a sort of map).

I got a little stuck on the “make a potion” quest. I didn’t realize we had a fishing rod in our inventory (had to google), but that was partially me just not realizing. Making the lure however took me a long time (and a trip to the wiki) to figure out. Once I read about it, the process was simple and fun, I’m just not sure if you’re planning on making these things have a path to learn them in the game as opposed to the wiki. I think it would be really great to add some beginner quests (maybe a dude by the lake?) to introduce lures, building them, and basic info.

I cannot emphasize enough how much I like potion crafting. It’s a fun, hands on mini game that requires some input while not being crazy difficult (yet, haha). Maybe as time goes on and people level up, there can be an upgrade to dip a rack of potion bottles into the cauldron to make multiples (requires more mats or extra special mats of course), for people who want to make batches of potions at once.

The only issue with potion crafting I find is the realization that those chests need to have mats in them and that’s how they come up on the table. Probably also solvable with a mini quest or even just that potion quest a little more filled out.

I have no idea if any of this feedback helps, just my 2 cents. Also it was really cool flying on the ship and seeing a creepy misty house down below!

There is exactly that, exactly there. :wink: