Closed Beta 1 Feedback Thread

LOOK AT ME NOT KNOWING THE THINGS. Really? Where is it?

I forgot about the only consistent bug I saw, when I flip back to the first page of the journal, the second page covers the first.

iā€™m in party again and still crashing a lot.

Make sure to submit those logs after crashing :slight_smile:

Have you been submitting crash logs? I donā€™t see any showing up from your email address.

You got to Level 8 and did all the main story quests in less than 2 hours? Was that your first time or had you done them all previously?

where can i send it?

In the launcher, in the bottom-left corner, there is a box and a button that says ā€œSend Bug Report.ā€ Just click that.

A few little bugs in case they havenā€™t been mentioned.

Oculus Rift + Touch.

1.) One arm shorter than the other? Anyone else got this? Itā€™s most noticeable on the start screen when selecting my character. My right hand rests higher up than my left, when Iā€™ve got both arms at full length by my sides. Possibly this is also causing problems with bug 2.

2.) Bow now twirls around and doesnā€™t properly follow my hand/controller rotation. This has only started happening since the new oculus support. Before this patch, my bow hand accurately mimicked what I was doing with my controller. IE: rotating my hand clockwise and the bow copies. Rotate anticlockwise and the bow does too.
Now however If I rotate my wrist in either direction the bow goes a bit crazy. Sometimes it flips 180 degrees and ends upside down. Sometimes it just seems over sensitive, but it becomes much much harder to aim the bow properly.

3.) New music for different areaā€™s etc is very welcome. However in my house it abruptly just cuts out and doesnā€™t seem to restart again.

4.) This might just be a random, but I was walking near the path where the roto spores grow and I got attached by something invisible. I span around several times in different directions but couldnā€™t see what was attacking me. My health however continued to drop as the border went red. Then I died. Still couldnā€™t see anything attacking me. This could be a lag thingā€¦ but Iā€™ve never encountered this as a problem in the pastā€¦

Suggestions for youā€¦

1.) When can I have a nose? Legs? Arms connecting my hands to shoulders?
2.) Can you make it so that when we walk into stairs we actually climb them. Even if this was an auto feature, it would be better than instantly appearing at the top or bottom of the staircase. I find it breaks immersion quite badly.
3.) Make the chairs and objects in buildings grabb-able and moveable.

More testing tomorrow. See what else I can findā€¦ but the game has come on leaps and bounds!

Jon.

There is a new patch that was just released that has some bug fixes and should help some of the crashes that are still occurring. Itā€™s a rather large patch, sorry about that.

If youā€™d like, instead of using the built-in patching system you can download the entire new patch at once from here:

https://mega.nz/#!QrJnDJbB!rG1ONWRl1yEN_u_b9LbQGVng5Yj9rzZI0tlMF3yxOVc

Otherwise, just launch your launcher and it will auto-update to the newest version.

Can you perchance take a short video of this happening so I can see what you mean?

Also Iā€™m assuming you arenā€™t seeing the same behavior with any other weapons (e.g. sword, gun, etc.)? And do you mean when you are drawing the arrow back or when you are just holding the bow.

Like a few others have mentioned, disabling free motion during combat is pretty frustrating. Maybe force movement to be slower, or whatever is needed for balancing purposes, but I really dislike teleportation, so this makes combat less enjoyable for me than it could be.

Another small gripe I have with the bow is that once you knock an arrow, it feels like the bowstring is just a bit left of where my hand is, which slightly throws off the muscle memory Iā€™ve developed from other games.

Also, like others have said, Iā€™d like to have a more visible health bar. Itā€™s not immediately apparent which bar represents your health, and Iā€™d personally prefer it to be part of a fixed UI, rather than attached to my weapon.

Last thing is a bit of a bug Iā€™ve found. In the player owned house basement, you can teleport straight through the walls as well as the staircase back up.

Overall, Iā€™m absolutely loving this game, and will definitely put in a lot more hours before the beta ends. Keep up the great work, devs!

2 Likes

I had them done all previously in the alpha (almost all twice because I was reset haha), and no I didnā€™t get to level 8. I just started doing them on level 2 and finished on level 6.75 warrior.

Just want to report that there is an issue with runemage spells in the Jungle Dungeon. Spells explode at the tip of the wand without flying off. Thought it was just my end, but Shiki had the same issue when he switched classes, and I could visually see the spell explode at the end of his wand during cast. (Tested with firework)

Arcane ray works just fine though.

I noticed another oddity of glitching out Runemage casting.
Iā€™m in a party with a Friend. He cast and fired off Arcane Explosion. From then on every Fireball I tried to fire off would instantly explode at my feet, never shooting outward from the wand. Restarting Orbus reset that back to normal.

I should have submitted a log (forgot entirely) for this, but in Tinnyā€™s cave I cast Mana Shield and aimed it at my party-mate at almost point-blank range and when it hit I got the expected explosion sound effect and Orbus crashed instantly on me. I was at the SteamVR waiting screen and the sound effect was playing on infinite loop.

The Chef has a tiny typo, in one line of dialogue it says ā€œbyā€ when I believe it should say ā€œmyā€.

It was in the bandit camp. Itā€™s very small and brick-colored roto-spore. Iā€™d imagine seeing it at night is very difficult. Near the front-left tent for me as you face the bandit camp (which has moved since alpha if youā€™re looking in the old spot!)

just had 2 back to back disconnect due to host uploading log right now

also the hand feels slightly off on the Rift. like my night is pointed up slightly in reality but in game its flat. also the adjustment with the sword feels correct but i feel i have to raise my sword up improperly to do a teleport forward. now ive been playing with the sword the other way for so long it may just feel off for now.

I had a strange issue that happened more times (i havenā€™t tried with the new patch):
Before i get the ā€œConnection closed by the remote hostā€ iā€™m still online in my end (but i canā€™t hit the enemies) but for the server iā€™m already crashed.
E.G. I seen my party fighting and i heard Sour to say ā€œShiki is crashedā€ and i lost the connection after almost a minute.

I just finished the story quests that are available and am still only at level 6. I know there is a dungeon at level 8, but Iā€™m worried that by the time I can grind out two more levels, players will be way past that already, and definitely concerned for that scenario during the actual release of the game.

Is there a plan to implement a dungeon finder that would allow players of higher level to sync to a lower level and participate in dungeons that theyā€™ve already passed? (just curious).

I just pushed out a fix that should fix this issue for both the Level 8 (Cave) Dungeon and the Jungel Dungeon. Sorry about that!

1 Like